Home

I hate being sick

Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

I hate being sick - 10/01/20 07:06 AM

as you guys know ,I'm going thru BCG ,treatment's ,for bladder cancer , everyone that I talk to said no problem , well it's hitting me like a brick wall , first week it was just 36 hour's after treatment , second week was about the same , like a real bad flu .down in bed , but this week it's real bad cant eat it wont stay down , fever of 100+ for two day's know , wife had me go take covid test yesterday , will find out that on Friday, have any of you had this reaction to it ,nurse said either nothing or like I'm having
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 07:57 AM

My FIL had a little different reaction, but in the same note it was about the same.

He did good, and felt no real ill effects the first few treatments. I think his chief complaint was being tired more than usual. About the 5th treatment it hit him really hard. He said it felt like he had a really bad flu. (tested negative for it) Anything he ate either wouldn't stay down, or went through him like a freight train. Fever of around 100-101.5. He basically said it felt like a truck ran him over and kept backing up over him.
Posted By: coyote addict

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 08:59 AM

I cant imagine what your going through, I just hope and pray for you that it all turns out good .
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren
as you guys know ,I'm going thru BCG ,treatment's ,for bladder cancer , everyone that I talk to said no problem , well it's hitting me like a brick wall , first week it was just 36 hour's after treatment , second week was about the same , like a real bad flu .down in bed , but this week it's real bad cant eat it wont stay down , fever of 100+ for two day's know , wife had me go take covid test yesterday , will find out that on Friday, have any of you had this reaction to it ,nurse said either nothing or like I'm having

Hope it eases up on you ..
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 09:39 AM

praying for a speedy recovery
Posted By: run

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by 8117 Steve R
praying for a speedy recovery

X2.
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 10:31 AM

Prayers for you.
Posted By: RdFx

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 10:39 AM

Prayers for you Roy, hope you get better soon
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 10:52 AM

Stay tough! It's odd how healthy people take being healthy for granted while others have complications their whole life.
Posted By: marathonman

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 10:56 AM

hang in there trapping season is coming..I like seeing pics of your coyotes
Posted By: rendezvous

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 11:11 AM

Stay positive, stay strong! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers...
Posted By: Larry Hall

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 12:51 PM

Prayers up for you and your family..
Posted By: lcd

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 01:00 PM

It seems to affect people differently Roy. My brother had a very hard time during treatment, but on the other hand a nephew went on working the whole time. But he was just barely in his 20's. But they both made it through just fine, thank goodness. Just hang in there my friend, and we are looking forward to seeing you guys at next years NTA Convention.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 01:01 PM

We’re here for yah !
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by coyote addict
I cant imagine what your going through, I just hope and pray for you that it all turns out good .

X2 Prayers
Posted By: Mark June

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 01:10 PM

Roy,

You remain in Donna and my prayers brother.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
We’re here for yah !


X2
Posted By: chas3457

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 01:56 PM

Prayers continue here,



Charlie
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 02:46 PM

Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 03:38 PM

Hang in there Roy,it'll get better.
Posted By: Boco

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 04:52 PM

Keep your chin up,many have beat it.
God bless.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 05:57 PM

My canoe fishing partner for a decade had bladder cancer. I hope your treatment and outcome are better than his was. One of our men's Bible study members had bladder cancer. It started as an infection and kept worsening. He may have delayed getting examined and treatment too long. They both complained of the same nausea and other things like being cold. Both were on pretty heavy morphine pumps at the end. Getting at it early and keeping up your strength and mental health are very helpful in working toward a successful outcome. Prayer and a support group are real assets in dealing with this.

Bryce
Posted By: Pirogue

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by bblwi
My canoe fishing partner for a decade had bladder cancer. I hope your treatment and outcome are better than his was. One of our men's Bible study members had bladder cancer. It started as an infection and kept worsening. He may have delayed getting examined and treatment too long. They both complained of the same nausea and other things like being cold. Both were on pretty heavy morphine pumps at the end. Getting at it early and keeping up your strength and mental health are very helpful in working toward a successful outcome. Prayer and a support group are real assets in dealing with this.

Bryce


Man ain't you just a ray of sunshine?
Posted By: bblwi

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 06:52 PM

He asked if any of us knew how people reacted to the disease and the treatment, so I related the experiences that I have witnessed and yes I did offer encouragement, but also we need to understand these are serious issues and are not easy.

Bryce
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: I hate being sick - 10/01/20 10:40 PM

Prayers sent.My wife had bladder cancer as well 10 years ago.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: I hate being sick - 10/02/20 09:55 AM

thanks guys for all the prayer's , I normally don't sit still an the last few days [4] after treatment have been bad , wife thinks I [we] have covid ,because she is getting sick too , took test I will fine out today , I hope not , Bryce no worries i know you meant well ,
Posted By: Dan D

Re: I hate being sick - 10/02/20 12:41 PM

Had accelerated MVAC treatment after my bladder removal. Wasn't easy but was fortunate in that I did not suffer all the side effects that I could have. Wishing you nothing but the best.
Posted By: upyotehunter

Re: I hate being sick - 10/03/20 12:59 AM

Prayers for you to get well soon.
© 2021 Trapperman Forums