Posted By: jbyrd63

Another giant !!!! - 10/01/20 10:19 PM

New state record typical !!! [Linked Image]
Posted By: MB Coonguy

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 12:09 AM

beautiful deer!!!
Posted By: proratman

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 12:27 AM

Wow! Almost looks fake. But I know you guys have some real monsters down there!
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 12:28 AM

Nice one
Posted By: Eyehi

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 12:31 AM

Congrats jbyrd ! I knew you could do it ....
Posted By: flowingwater72

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 04:49 AM

it is a nice deer but probaly not a ky state record looks like a west ky deer i have seen plenty that size exspecily around ft. campbell that is about there average buck killed. he is defintly something to be proud of tho i am not trying to take that from you just to be clear.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 05:10 AM

200 inch net typical is one in a million.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 05:20 AM

He looks every bit as good as any of the high fence bucks I have seen.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by 20shortlong
it is a nice deer but probaly not a ky state record looks like a west ky deer i have seen plenty that size exspecily around ft. campbell that is about there average buck killed. he is defintly something to be proud of tho i am not trying to take that from you just to be clear.

laugh laugh Average! laugh laugh
Posted By: dkrug

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 06:08 AM

A guy exspecily like you ain't takin nothin, just to be clear. Got it?

https://www.kyoutdoorstv.com/new-record-buck-taken-with-crossbow-by-northern-kentucky-hunter
Posted By: Ridge Runner1960

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 09:56 AM

won't score that well P&Y, its a 6x6 main frame with an extra point, also must dry 60 days before scoring.
RR
Posted By: Lowbattery

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 10:26 AM

It’s amazing how folks can cut down a deer of a lifetime.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 10:36 AM

nice deer !!!!! smile
Posted By: wvmntnhick

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lowbattery
It’s amazing how folks can cut down a deer of a lifetime.

Right?!
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 11:00 AM

Very nice deer! You Debbie Downers need to get a life.
Posted By: BraskaYoter

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 12:52 PM

Thats a very nice deer in any state... wonder how many of these negative Nancys have one they shot thats bigger not “ a guy I know “ deer. Jealousy is a evil ______.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 12:54 PM

How are you growing them down tere?
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 12:59 PM

Nice one for sure!
Posted By: fishnhunts

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 01:18 PM

Average, wow.

Great buck! Not many hunters ever see one like that!
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
How are you growing them down tere?
All the pot growers say they eat there plants up, so it must be the pot.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park

laugh laugh Average Manitoba size! laugh laugh

Fixed it for ya JP, Master Taxidermist
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 02:44 PM

Everyone in the future- please leave the loader tractor out of your game pics. Even if it is a nice John Deere.
Posted By: BraskaYoter

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by tomahawker
Everyone in the future- please leave the loader tractor out of your game pics. Even if it is a nice John Deere.

It does look like a average size John Deere in any state though, but I do have one thats bigger.... lol maybe thats what they were referring to...
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by tomahawker

[Linked Image]
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 04:09 PM

Would we be allowed to use a skid steer or is that a no no to.
Posted By: KYtrapper2005

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 04:20 PM

I have only measured bucks by number of points. How do you measure a 200 3/8” buck? Can someone explain
Posted By: WV Danimal

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 05:51 PM

Big boys hitting the dirt all over this year. I'm sure some of you have seen the monster killed in Ohio last week?????? WOWWWWW

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner1960
won't score that well P&Y, its a 6x6 main frame with an extra point, also must dry 60 days before scoring.
RR

YOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT !!! "won't score that well" You must been in the shine jar. Ain't no stickers or odd points going to deduct enough from THAT DEER !!!!!! Not enough to as YOU say not score well.....

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by KYtrapper2005
I have only measured bucks by number of points. How do you measure a 200 3/8” buck? Can someone explain

Google it . But the short of it is you take a measureing tape and add the length of all the points, main beams, and spread. Do one side at a time . FOR net on a typical , you then subtract the difference in the opposite side . IE one brow tine is 6 1/8 the other is 5 1/8 so you deduct 1 inch from the final score. You do that for every point and both beams.

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Eyehi
Congrats jbyrd ! I knew you could do it ....
LOL I wish! wasn't me. But he did knock mine down one spot on all time list
frown

[Linked Image]

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by fishnhunts

Average, wow.

Great buck! Not many hunters ever see one like that!

Most will NEVER see one alive and a bunch will never see one some else has killed that big....
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 06:21 PM

Great deer a deer of a life time.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 08:26 PM

I'll tell you one thing. That deer is rarer than a Alaskan white tale expert. grin

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner1960
RR

YOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT !!! "won't score that well" You must been in the shine jar. Ain't no stickers or odd points going to deduct enough from THAT DEER !!!!!! Not enough to as YOU say not score well.....

wait for the P&Y official score, you'll see, an awesome once in a lifetime buck no doubt, but if you read how it was scored with the method described, it will not score 200 P&Y! have saw much larger bucks score around 170 using the B&C/P&Y method.
RR

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/02/20 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by KYtrapper2005

first you measure the main beam length on each side, then the length of each point, measure the circumferences between each point. record the differences in side to side measurements.
measure the widest inside spread (which cannot exceed the length of the longest main beam) add it all up. Subtract the side to side differences. Any odd points are deducted for a typical rack. This buck is a 7X6, so the length of the odd point is a deduction.
RR

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/03/20 12:01 AM

this buck nets 194 and change on the P&Y scale
https://www.fieldandstream.com/world-record-buck-that-wasnt/
RR
Posted By: Trapper1960

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/03/20 04:47 AM

That is A Outstanding free range Whitetail in any state , Congratulations to the hunter !
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/03/20 09:56 AM

I don't know. Sometimes they don't score like we think. I remember a big typical that was supposed to beat out the Hanson buck. The scorers decided that one of the points wasn't typical and that wrecked its chances. The buck pictured here has a simular trait on the right side with two of those points being real close together.
Posted By: trappergbus

Re: Another giant !!!! - 10/03/20 11:43 AM

Doesn't matter the score that's an outstanding buck in any state or province. Congrats man
© 2024 Trapperman Forums