Home

Hunter orange for dogs

Posted By: loosegoose

Hunter orange for dogs - 10/02/20 11:52 PM

[Linked Image]

Anybody have their dog wear hunter orange? I got this thing for my pooch for trapping and such this year,and I'm curious if anybody else has their dog wear something. This guy looks like a fox running around in the woods.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Hunter orange for dogs - 10/02/20 11:55 PM

I've got one for my shorthair. He dosen't like it much, but it protects him some.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Hunter orange for dogs - 10/03/20 12:01 AM

That dog's looking at you like he wants to bite you for the indignity of it all, lol.
Posted By: ABeardedTrapper

Re: Hunter orange for dogs - 10/03/20 12:19 AM

My wife always puts a blaze orange vest on our english setter before I take her hunting. That's her baby so I don't argue about it and with some of the idiots running around in the woods it's a good idea. Eric
Posted By: Killbuck

Re: Hunter orange for dogs - 10/03/20 01:21 AM

turn in your Man card
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Hunter orange for dogs - 10/03/20 02:12 AM

Just picked an orange vest for my pup for this year. Will be trapping away from home for a few weeks this year and taking Loki with me to help on the line as well as good company. Man card or not, I would hate to see someone shoot my buddy and then make some lame excuse for doing so.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Hunter orange for dogs - 10/03/20 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Killbuck
turn in your Man card

grin
Posted By: Dillrod

Re: Hunter orange for dogs - 10/03/20 02:38 AM

Just ordered a Orange vest for my Squirrel dog.
If nothing else it makes her a lot easier to monitor in the woods.
Posted By: DWC

Re: Hunter orange for dogs - 10/03/20 02:49 AM

The orange assists in keepin track of them but ive used vests for years to protect their chests from barbed wire or beaver cut trees. Id never hunt a dog without them.
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: Hunter orange for dogs - 10/03/20 05:01 AM

Loosegoose; Look at that dear little chavvie in her princess dress, loving on her hairy friend.

Could you ever imagine coming home and telling her her little mate wasn't coming back any more. Because some guys with key boards insinuated protecting him, in any way ye could, wasn't 'Manly'?
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Hunter orange for dogs - 10/03/20 09:53 AM

loosegoose, I have a bright orange harness that we put on our dog, and I'll probably get him a new clean and bright one for the upcoming season too.
He's not a big guy maybe 28 or 29 pound but he has the long snout and big ears, he is light tan, and he can run like the wind with his ears back and tail straight out behind him. If he got away and was trucking it across a field...well...you know what every pickup around here does if they see anything coyote-sized and looking similar and running flat out across a field..it wouldn't be good.
I put a colorful collar on him with his tags and chip info too.
Jim
[Linked Image]

Now when he gets a little cold I do have a leinenkugel sweatshirt for him, straight from the actual brewery in Wisconsin we toured. So, at least he gets to wear a beer sweatshirt.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Hunter orange for dogs - 10/03/20 10:59 AM

That's a good lookin poochy, jab. I can see how he'd like like a coyote tearing across a field.

Re: Hunter orange for dogs - 10/03/20 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Pest's Dad
Loosegoose; Look at that dear little chavvie in her princess dress, loving on her hairy friend.

Could you ever imagine coming home and telling her her little mate wasn't coming back any more. Because some guys with key boards insinuated protecting him, in any way ye could, wasn't 'Manly'?

I assume he's just razzing me, either way it's all good. He doesn't seem to mind wearing it actually. He wears shirts all the time (the kids dress him) and doesn't seem to mind it at all. He can even poop and.pee in his orange vest, I had in in it for an hour or so last night and it works out pretty good.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Hunter orange for dogs - 10/03/20 11:10 AM

Just hunter orange collar. I use to tie orange florescsnt flagging in my horses manes and tails when deer season opened as my riverbottom pasture is next to woods.
Posted By: Arkansas87

Re: Hunter orange for dogs - 10/03/20 12:07 PM

When I was a kid we weren't Eaven allowed to play with the hunting dogs.go out to the pen to feed and water em and that was about it. Never knew which ones where comeing home neither.maybe just a collar.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Hunter orange for dogs - 10/03/20 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Arkansas87
When I was a kid we weren't Eaven allowed to play with the hunting dogs.go out to the pen to feed and water em and that was about it. Never knew which ones where comeing home neither.maybe just a collar.

In a way, it might be better, for the hunter, to not get attached to hunting dogs. There's just so many ways for them to die, unfortunately. But I don't think it's better for the dogs. Working dogs give you their whole heart, and in my opinion, by doing that they earn the right to yours as well. My coonhound sleeps at the foot of the bed and that's where she's gonna stay.
Posted By: Tom cat

Re: Hunter orange for dogs - 10/03/20 01:18 PM

Mine has a camo vest for warmth. But he also stays on leash with me too.
Posted By: Arkansas87

Re: Hunter orange for dogs - 10/04/20 04:24 AM

You didn't want to get caught petting a hunting dog when he passed by neither. That was your but wooping.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums