Home

Never buy camo hunting pants!

Posted By: Finster

Never buy camo hunting pants! - 10/03/20 06:23 PM

I'm thinking that something they use in the camo dye shrinks these pants when they are being stored from season to season. I don't even wash them but every year my pants get a little tighter. Next year, who knows, they may not fit at all? crazy It's gotta be the dye in the pants is all I can figure. Anyone else ever have this problem with mysteriously shrinking pants? wink grin
Posted By: jhh

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/03/20 06:26 PM

Got the same problem!
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/03/20 06:28 PM

Happens to me also
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/03/20 06:32 PM

No It's not the dye It's that washing machine. Our washer also eats socks.
Posted By: slowpoke

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/03/20 06:40 PM

My shirts are always shrinking around middle section.., for some reason!!!
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/03/20 07:15 PM

been there done that laugh
Posted By: charles

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/03/20 08:35 PM

It even happened to my boots. They got too narrow during the off season. Guns getting heavier also.
Posted By: cotton

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/03/20 11:12 PM

It is happening with all my pants, wife must be washing em in real hot water.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/03/20 11:18 PM

Must not affect camo sweatpants. If it werent for the saddle today, they probably would of fell off me today.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/03/20 11:32 PM

I think it's a conspiracy by the antis to discourage hunting. Just sayin.
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/04/20 12:44 AM

I think you're on to something. The dye used on my leather belts does the same thing.
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/04/20 12:57 AM

How strange that ye should mention this very subject! Only the other day, having cleared some drawers out, I thought I'd wear these particular camo's. Put my legs in them. Pulled them up. Il Morte!!! I couldn't even get them up my hips! No way on gods little green earth were the two sides of the waist band coming anywhere Remotely near each other either!

Took me a moment to realise I'd put them away maybe eight years ago. LOT of stout under the bridge since then blush
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/04/20 01:01 AM

My ice fishing wool pants....do the same thing
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/04/20 01:19 AM

I notice my camo hat is causing hair loss also!
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/04/20 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
I notice my camo hat is causing memory loss also!

fixed it for ya
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/04/20 03:02 AM

It’s the dryer, never put them in the dryer
Posted By: nightlife

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/04/20 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Finster
I'm thinking that something they use in the camo dye shrinks these pants when they are being stored from season to season. I don't even wash them but every year my pants get a little tighter. Next year, who knows, they may not fit at all? crazy It's gotta be the dye in the pants is all I can figure. Anyone else ever have this problem with mysteriously shrinking pants? wink grin

I seem to have the opposite problem if I dident wear a belt the dang things will fall down around my knees
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/04/20 12:48 PM

I was thinking it must be the 20% oxygen in our atmosphere causing the problem, even my t shirts are shorter in the front. My power hunter goose blind even shrank and its never been washed or dried. grin
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/04/20 01:28 PM

Get a good pair of running shoes. It seems to make all my clothes fit better, especially my pants. Who knew?
grin
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/04/20 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by nightlife
Originally Posted by Finster

I seem to have the opposite problem if I dident wear a belt the dang things will fall down around my knees

Me too!
Posted By: MnMan

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/04/20 07:25 PM

I think it is a seasonal thing where I live. In the late fall they are loose and by early spring they have shrunk a whole lot. The cold weather of winter must shrink the heck out of them.

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/04/20 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by jabNE
Get a good pair of running shoes. It seems to make all my clothes fit better, especially my pants. Who knew?
grin

I don't run. I stand and fight. It takes less energy. wink

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/04/20 09:26 PM

Just to let you all know. I have called the FBI (again) crazy and told them of this conspiracy. I let them know that although I have no proof, I believe it was a China conspiracy since that's where this stuff is made. I told them that they have "Incredible shrinking ink"! I believe they where having some sort of party at the time because of all the laughter in the background. It's nice that our agents can still celebrate with all of the nastiness in the world. Anyway, they told me that this was "Top Priority" and called me a hero for pointing it out. They were putting their best agent on it. Some British fellow that is on loan. I believe his name is Bond? James Bond? Well, I'm glad I have gotten this taken care of!
Posted By: JEckman

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/04/20 09:28 PM

I'd just lose the weight dummy...Lol

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/04/20 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by JEckman
I'd just lose the weight dummy...Lol

You're the type of guy that goes to a magic show for 5 year old's and tells all the kids it's fake and how the tricks are done. Not only ruining the birthday party but killing the junior high school kids business to boot. Thanks' man! smirk
Posted By: Actor

Re: Never but camo hunting pants! - 10/05/20 02:58 AM

I guess you will have to resort to my tactics Finster... By pants 2 sizes big... and 2 pair of suspenders... one thin pair for church and one wide pair for hunting...

Garry-
© 2024 Trapperman Forums