Posted By: warrior

Nice double today - 10/05/20 10:55 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scooby

Re: Nice double today - 10/05/20 11:05 PM

That’s awesome. Right behind the house. Is that the Southern Snares catch pole?

Re: Nice double today - 10/05/20 11:06 PM

Tomahawk I think.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Nice double today - 10/05/20 11:13 PM

Nice double!
Posted By: weaselnut

Re: Nice double today - 10/06/20 12:22 AM

Congrats on your double.

Re: Nice double today - 10/06/20 12:28 AM

I was pleasantly surprised. I trap this one road cul-de-sac subdivision every year for reds but this year they said they were seeing greys. Those don't look like greys to me. LOL

This is the only empty lot in the subdivision. The trick to trapping tight spots like this is find the pinch points and gang set while avoiding setting in the yards. They'll ask you to saying I saw it right there.

Re: Nice double today - 10/06/20 12:32 AM

Another nice thing about subdivision trapping is no need for game cameras. Every home has multiple cameras and I know every animal by sight before I set the first trap.
I've got one more mangy one to get.
Posted By: Kirk De

Re: Nice double today - 10/06/20 01:19 AM

Nice David
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Nice double today - 10/06/20 01:26 AM

Great job
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Nice double today - 10/06/20 01:28 AM

Getting it done!!

Re: Nice double today - 10/06/20 02:04 AM

Both caught in nightlatched but otherwise stock Duke 1.5. That trap has become my all purpose urban trap.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Nice double today - 10/06/20 02:08 AM

Nice double. Ain't it wonderful when you're invoicing 'em with dead coyotes in tow.

Well played warrior.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Nice double today - 10/06/20 02:12 AM

Thanks Mark. Caught these two on treeberry paste bait because I'm slap out of my preferred Windwalker. I need to place an order.

Re: Nice double today - 10/06/20 02:15 AM

grin Get those urban doggies.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Nice double today - 10/06/20 02:35 AM

Nice job and a little birdy told me June is open for bidness

Re: Nice double today - 10/06/20 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Nice job and a little birdy told me June is open for bidness

Only If'n the Mrs. likes the birdy. whistle
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Nice double today - 10/06/20 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by warrior
[Linked Image]

Good job! What kind of set and how far apart?

Also.....heck of a trappers shack you have. grin

Re: Nice double today - 10/06/20 03:00 AM

Dirt holes tucked into the bank.

This is a travel route. There's a ditch creek and house to the left. That silt fence and retaining walls run the creek both sides. The far left corner where the other was caught is where they exit the thin strip of woods lining the creek, backyards both sides. To the right is the road with the three houses directly across backing onto another ditch creek the first empties into. The houses left and right have fully fenced yards front and back, the middle does not. A bottleneck with a set at the woodline where they have to make a choice to go left/high ground or right/low ground (in the direction of the first set), the first set is the low ground more direct path across the road and a pinch between the bank and silt fence.

I'd set the middle house across the road but I don't like catch circles in bermuda lawns, even if the homeowner wants a set there. That yard has a ten foot wide path between house and retaining wall the could take a set at each end but again I don't like catch circles in the yard. One point of that path would be ideal for a kill snare, if only they were legal here, due to the landscape shrubbery.

I've got other lower percentage sets at the head of the ditch on a series of deer trail crossings. I say lower percentage because no good pinch points there.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Nice double today - 10/06/20 03:13 AM

Love those Locations!!

Re: Nice double today - 10/06/20 03:17 AM

I like my sets where they have no choice but to notice them. Yes, you can call them in with the right lure but I want it right there in their face. Don't give them time to think about it.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Nice double today - 10/06/20 09:55 AM

good job !!!!! smile
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Nice double today - 10/06/20 11:46 AM

© 2024 Trapperman Forums