Home

covid question

Posted By: rex123

covid question - 10/09/20 08:32 PM

Sop we keep our nose and mouth covered so covid can't get in our nose or mouth membranes to be absorbed by our bodies . So what keeps us from getting infected through our eye membranes?
Posted By: grumley701

Re: covid question - 10/09/20 08:36 PM

stop asking questions and put your mask on..... laugh
Posted By: Bob

Re: covid question - 10/09/20 08:39 PM

The mask doesn’t protect you. It protects others by keeping the infection from being projected away from you when you breath or cough or sneeze. Keeps it close to you so you’re less likely to infect the guy standing ten feet away.
Posted By: rex123

Re: covid question - 10/09/20 08:41 PM

Ever time I put my mask on people ask me if I'm not a little old for trick or treat.
Posted By: charles

Re: covid question - 10/09/20 09:16 PM

Nose and mouth are airways to our lungs. Covid is a respiratory virus I believe. Consider adding a plastic face shield if you want protection beyond what is provided by your mask. Stop picking your nose also.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: covid question - 10/09/20 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by rex123
Sop we keep our nose and mouth covered so covid can't get in our nose or mouth membranes to be absorbed by our bodies . So what keeps us from getting infected through our eye membranes?

They're saying you can get it through our eyes.....
Posted By: Pike River

Re: covid question - 10/09/20 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by charles
Stop picking your nose also.

This is true but a tough habit to break laugh
Posted By: MySide 🦝

Re: covid question - 10/09/20 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River
Originally Posted by charles
Stop picking your nose also.

This is true but a tough habit to break laugh

laugh
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bob
The mask doesn’t protect you. It protects others by keeping the infection from being projected away from you when you breath or cough or sneeze. Keeps it close to you so you’re less likely to infect the guy standing ten feet away.

correct
Everything helps
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 01:16 AM

No proof that the mask helps
Posted By: Boco

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 01:19 AM

If you gonna pick your nose,dip your finger in vodka first.
Or if you dont want to waste the vodka,snort it first then pick.
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 01:30 AM

So wearing one what does it hurt. I have been very few places since April except fishing in my boat. Got two new trailer tires today and wore mask. My decision and I could give a poop what anyone thinks. The local business got a $167 dollar check. Will fish hard till I’m froze out. Our ice here in most years does not allow ice fishing which I done in the past and it’s fun. Not global warming. Just the Missouri different winters. Would like to go north and ice fish but my old bones may not take it
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
If you gonna pick your nose,dip your finger in vodka first.
Or if you dont want to waste the vodka,snort it first then pick.

The voice of experience. grin
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 02:31 AM

Wearing a mask to keep out cv19 is like using chain link to keep out mosquitos
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 02:34 AM

Yep. Big study in Germany at a packing plant recently came out. 100% mask compliance and at the end of the study 100% COVID positive.
Posted By: Starcraft_Dart

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 02:46 AM

Most idiots that refuse to wear the masks are only refusing because the government told them they should wear one. The recent outbreak at the White House shows how quick it spreads.
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 02:58 AM

Most idiots that think masks will work to protect a non infected person don't understand aerosolization or transport phenomena. The two things that will work are social distancing and hand washing.
Posted By: charles

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 03:04 AM

A mask will stop most water droplets, which is a big help.

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 03:05 AM

The mask will stop somebody from wiping their nose then touching a door knob.

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 03:09 AM

Everyone needs to keep themselves safe from the virus. Those blue masks will do nothing to protect you from a virus that is airborne.

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 03:10 AM

Just think about how many people pick their noses while driving then stop for gas, or how many cooks at your favorite restaurant have sweat drip off their nose into your food while preparing it, or the waitress that is talking spreading spit droplets into your food .

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 03:14 AM

Watch how often people wearing masks touch them. Now tell us again about those doorknobs. Wash your hands and don't touch your face.

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 03:17 AM

You need to buy yourself one of those boy in a bubble outfits. I have some alarming news for you, life comes with a modicum of risk. Even more alarming news, no one escapes it alive.

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 03:26 AM

I am not afraid of germs, and I had the Covid in July. I worked in a few restaurants when I was in High School and I have seen how disgusting the can be. My friend got part of his skin on his thumb cut off while slicing turkey and the place refused to throw the turkey out...somebody ended up eating part of my friends thumb.
Posted By: danvee

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 03:42 AM

Big difference in the kind of masks! The M95 is the one that is effective and you cant get them. A face shield is even more security, the little designer mask that people are making are not that great. Why is it they can give out stimulus checks but not enough masks and make people wear them. Its not going to end without some support of the public and leadership.

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 03:44 AM

Well then I guess your mask didn't work.

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 03:54 AM

I think you mean N95. Do you no longer need to breathe if you are wearing a face shield? Did you ever wonder why Fauci was adamant about social distancing and hand washing but dismissed the efficacy of masks? Did you ever think it might be because he knew early on it was airborne?

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Kansas Cat
Well then I guess your mask didn't work.

The person that gave me the Covid was not wearing the mask....if they wore one I probably wouldn't have caught it.

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 04:10 AM

Why didn't the one you were wearing work?

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 04:16 AM

Wearing a mask helps prevent a person from SPREADING it if they are positive.

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 04:22 AM

You are avoiding the question. You should consider a career in politics. Again, why did your mask fail to protect you?

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 04:28 AM

The mask is not designed to protect a person from contracting it....it is designed to help a person from spreading it.

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 04:40 AM

Do you think 100% of the air expelled by a sick person passes through the mask? Does the mask magically scrub all the virus out of the expelled air? I am still curious though. Why didn't the mask you were wearing prevent you from becoming infected?

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 04:47 AM

Most likely because the person that gave it to me was positive and they got right in my face without wearing a mask. I wore a mask around my family because my girlfriend is on chemo and she never got it and nobody I was in contact with contracted it because I wore a mask.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 04:53 AM

99% of the people don’t wear or use them right so they are overall non-effective.

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
99% of the people don’t wear or use them right so they are overall non-effective.

true, that's why the Covid will be around for years to come.
Posted By: Boco

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 05:01 AM

I have wore masks all my life here long before covid.-On my snowmachine when its 40 below-no big deal wearing a mask.

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 06:15 AM

LOL. Try forever Dart. By your logic if somehow we could force everyone in the world to wear a mask for a few weeks, voila, no more disease. All the doctors will need a new career. I would say it is more likely that members of your family got it and were asymptomatic.
Posted By: Bob

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 06:29 AM

Kansas cat, you’re missing the point. Masks are not foolproof. The point of the mask, as I previously stated, is to keep the virus from being projected away from you when breathing, sneezing, talking or coughing. Can the virus get through a mask? Yes. Does the mask disrupt the air current created by your lungs and slow it down, keeping it closer to you? Also yes. That’s the point. Without a mask, you sneeze and infect the guy 15 feet away. With a mask you sneeze and no virus reaches him because the mask blocked the air current from carrying it that far.

If you can’t understand that, then your brain doesn’t work.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 09:19 AM

Its a virus it aint going away. The vaccine will be maybe as effective as flu vaccine and likely as effective as a common cold or an AIDs vaccine. Quit worrying about it. You will get exposed at some point. Then it may kill you. It is very unlikely though. Chances are you wont even know you are infected. Most people are asymptomatic. Nothing being spouted as "keeping us safe " is.

Couple years it will be like Swine Flu, or SAR's or Zika virus. You won't h ear much about it anymore.

Dont get mouthy when you see me without a mask. It wont end well.

Homeless people are still begging and prisons are still full
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by danvee
Big difference in the kind of masks! The M95 is the one that is effective and you cant get them. A face shield is even more security, the little designer mask that people are making are not that great. Why is it they can give out stimulus checks but not enough masks and make people wear them. Its not going to end without some support of the public and leadership.

Good idea. When the next stimulus check comes it should be hand delivered with a box of N95 masks and a face shield by a member of the covid police who will then follow you around and make sure that you wear them. Problem solved.

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 11:59 AM

No Bob, I understand perfectly the point being made. My brain works well. If you are relying on a mask to keep you safe, it will not. What you don't seem to understand is what airborne means.
Posted By: dinorocks

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 12:03 PM

My friend needed to shave his bushy beard...he said when he wore his mask with the beard, it looked like a 1970’s panty commercial!

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 12:15 PM

LOL. If you want to extend the time between now and when you eventually become infected, social distance, avoid crowded indoor spaces, and wash your hands. Dart already demonstrated the lack of efficacy of wearing a mask. Unless his family was tested, he has no idea if any of his family became infected by him.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 12:33 PM

how long can you avoid exposure? you going to wear a spacesuit for the rest of your life? haul your tv to the dump. live your life under your own terms
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 12:39 PM

I work in and with it daily. I’m not afraid to get it. I could die and so could anyone else that has a virus this year. I’ve been pretty diligent thus far. If I do get it I’m hoping to at least make it until coyote season opens up. I’ve got 483 hours of FMLA to go through and I can’t think of a better place to spend a 14 day quarantine than out on the line.

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 12:47 PM

Good luck on your coyote line. Do you trap in the Sandhills? The campaign to instill fear in the population has worked well.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 12:58 PM

Homeless people are still begging and prisons are still full[/quote]

Shouldn't they all be dead by now if this virus was that deadly????

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Kansas Cat
LOL. If you want to extend the time between now and when you eventually become infected, social distance, avoid crowded indoor spaces, and wash your hands. Dart already demonstrated the lack of efficacy of wearing a mask. Unless his family was tested, he has no idea if any of his family became infected by him.

My Family was tested and they were negative.

Re: covid question - 10/10/20 01:57 PM

You must have done a good job of isolating yourself from your family.
Posted By: trappermac NY

Re: covid question - 10/11/20 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bob
Kansas cat, you’re missing the point. Masks are not foolproof. The point of the mask, as I previously stated, is to keep the virus from being projected away from you when breathing, sneezing, talking or coughing. Can the virus get through a mask? Yes. Does the mask disrupt the air current created by your lungs and slow it down, keeping it closer to you? Also yes. That’s the point. Without a mask, you sneeze and infect the guy 15 feet away. With a mask you sneeze and no virus reaches him because the mask blocked the air current from carrying it that far.

If you can’t understand that, then your brain doesn’t work.

Right there....thats it. Not a preventative, but can increase your chances of not spreading it. Simple, but difficult for most to accept and understand. A mask is not a vaccine, its something to hinder the spread. But not 100% effective. Nobody is claiming it is.
Posted By: AJE

Re: covid question - 10/11/20 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by the Blak Spot
Wearing a mask to keep out cv19 is like using chain link to keep out mosquitos

Some masks are probably better than others. I like the kN95.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: covid question - 10/11/20 03:49 AM

The good thing about masks is that it saves paper bags!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums