Home

That first early morning.

Posted By: Jonnytrapper

That first early morning. - 10/10/20 12:14 AM

Dad shook me awake early one morning when I was nine or ten. He hadn't mentioned anything the day before but in his hands was a brand new Case XX hunting knife. First time he ever took me hunting. That was over 30 years ago now. It's got some miles on it but it still brings back that memory every season.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wild_WI

Re: That first early morning. - 10/10/20 12:28 AM

Taking my two oldest, youth hunting tomorrow, I haven't been this excited since I was 12 going on my first deer hunt
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: That first early morning. - 10/10/20 12:43 AM

A Treasure
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: That first early morning. - 10/10/20 12:45 AM

That’s nice Jonnytrapper!!
Posted By: Savell

Re: That first early morning. - 10/10/20 12:46 AM

... good story and nice knife... I don’t remember the first early morning.... just a lot of them lol
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: That first early morning. - 10/10/20 12:52 AM

My Dad got me a hunting knife when I was ten years old, that was 50 years ago.still got it, had to get a new sheaf for it, wore the other one out.
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: That first early morning. - 10/10/20 12:52 AM

Nice...
So many memories...

Donnie
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: That first early morning. - 10/10/20 01:19 AM

Great memories I bet. One of the saddest moments for me was the morning I realized I was taking my last boy on his first deer hunt.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: That first early morning. - 10/10/20 02:56 AM

Next Saturday is opening day of our Gun Season. I’m putting the bow down and taking CJ on his first hunt. He won’t be shooting quite yet, but should see plenty of dead deer. We are helping with doe management on a neighboring property.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums