Home

Phycotropic drug side effects

Posted By: AntiGov

Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/10/20 08:03 PM

Seems over 40,000,000 Americans are on one form or another

That's a lot of mind alteration going on at once

The side effects may include loss of reality along with plenty of physical issues

I wonder if these drugs could alter the mind and judgement enough that one could get kicked off a trapper forum ?

I'm betting 90% of that 40 million could function without ........what say you ?
Posted By: rex123

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/10/20 08:10 PM

yep
Posted By: Boco

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/10/20 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

The side effects may include loss of reality along with plenty of physical issues

I wonder if these drugs could alter the mind and judgement enough that one could get kicked off a trapper forum ?

I'm betting 90% of that 40 million could function without ........what say you ?

How long have you been taking it?
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/10/20 09:02 PM

Wonder what would happen if they suddenly couldn’t get it? Seems like half the people I know are on something for stress or anxiety. When a “life moment” comes along they start talking about having their Dr. increase their prescription. Unbelievable how folks in this day and age think they have it rough.

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/10/20 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

How long have you been taking it?

Good try Boco

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/10/20 09:52 PM

I thought you were asking cause you were having issues-my bad.
I see now you're asking for a friend.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/10/20 11:04 PM

Here is one side effect the MSM doesn't talk about much -

https://thoughtcatalog.com/jeremy-london/2019/09/37-mass-shooters-who-were-on-antidepressants/

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 01:08 AM

I thought you were asking cause you were having issues-my bad.
I see now you're asking for a friend.

Lol ......... Batman and I were never friends

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Cragar

Disturbing
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 01:34 AM

When looked at as a percentage of total US population 40,000,000 is about 10.5%. i think addictive, mood-altering drugs have been over-prescribed for decades. I agree that most don't need them.

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 01:35 AM

The other 90% are on street drugs.
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 01:38 AM

Exercise can do what a lot of those medications do and do it better. I've always said the road to be 100 is a baby aspirin a day. The longer the list of medications the decrease in life expectancy in my personal experience.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 02:11 AM

Legal/illegal drug use and alcohol is how many, many people cope with their lives, way more than 40 million........I bet close to 50% of the population.

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 02:15 AM

Gov't should just lace the entire country's water supply with Lysergic acid 25.No more angst.

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by WadeRyan
Exercise can do what a lot of those medications do and do it better. I've always said the road to be 100 is a baby aspirin a day. The longer the list of medications the decrease in life expectancy in my personal experience.

X2

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 02:19 AM

I miss the 60's.
Posted By: Actor

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 02:35 AM

Gov't should just lace the entire country's water supply with Lysergic acid 25.No more angst.

How do you know they aren't already doing that???

Garry-
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 02:40 AM

To be fair many of our vets suffering from PTSD take these drugs. I agree though that too many people take drugs they don't need. Shrinks and big pharma in cahoots in a multibillion dollar industry. As for side effects I can think of two other drugs that can effect you later in life: nicotine and alcohol.No prescription needed.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 02:41 AM

The other 90% are on street drugs.

And Much treasured much loved Alcohol .

And blind eyes are turned from that subject.

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 02:53 AM

Alcohol is not a drug its the nectar of the gods.

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 02:55 AM

Yup. You will see drug overdose on a death certificate but never chronic alcoholism.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 03:21 AM

in 2014 they estimated 1/8 of all persons 12 or older were on an anti depressant drug 12.5%

with 16.5% of all women and around 9% of men

https://www.webmd.com/depression/news/20170815/us-antidepressant-use-jumps-65-percent-in-15-years#1

I would expect it has gone up more in the last 6 years

if it continued to grow at the same rate of 65% it would put about 20% of all people and 26% of women

Like I tell my wife , all women are crazy , it's just what kind of crazy your willing to put up with. She said the same was true about men

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 03:28 AM

The electric koolaid acid test.....Timothy Leary........ shocked

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Cragar

Disturbing

Very , very disturbing.

Downright scary....... eek
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 05:51 AM

Oh - come on Anti g I know you are just waiting for our state to pass the psychodelic mushroom measure so that you can partake grin
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by MsgRet
Yup. You will see drug overdose on a death certificate but never chronic alcoholism.

You will not see chronic drug abuse on a death certificate.

You will see alcohol poisoning on a death certificate.

Try again.

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 10:31 AM

There is not much in this world that you can’t get over with a heavy bag and Jesus.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by MsgRet

Try again.

These are both now listed as Covid deaths.

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

Try again.

These are both now listed as Covid deaths.

lol

.......LOL

...................LMBO!

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 10:42 AM

We are a nation of the medicated compared to cultures historically. Perhaps the numbers today will be low by the standard of years to come?
There is non-census at the professional level of "how" we came to have so many people on prescription medications.

Legal climate - physicians used to encouraged, but are now pretty much mandated to practice according to the legalism (guidelines) in their profession. If I have symptoms of "this" then I must be labeled "that." The liability of a doctor not labeling someone is much higher now compared to 100 years ago.

Sociologists - great effort has been made to study societal effects the last 150 years and we now have all sorts of environmental factors that have been researched and identified as having an impact on your conscious and your behavior.

Psychologist - have also studied the individual since the mid 1800's as a science and have also stratified many categories as all sciences systematically seem to. For instance, we are a nation with millions being treated for depression. More every day. Covid is not helping these numbers, and in fact we heard here on campus just this week, that the Integrative biblical counseling students who intern as part of their degree program here at DTS, are SWAMPED! The phone calls are non-stop. More than can be handled.

Depression. What do the psychologist who study mental health tell us it is? Not what most people think it is... being sad. Lethargy. Dysthymic (no motivation). When a patient sees a physician they are typically prescribed medication. When a client sees a psychologist, most psychologists if they hear the client say "depressed" they will begin this assessment; depression, below that the client has anger. Below that, the client has might have fear and perhaps they might have hurt. The opposite of fear is courage, which is built upon strength. These take work and they take effort. Therapy can be quite complex but there is an attempt to dive deeper into the issues of depression, typically anger turned inward, and perhaps hear and hurt.

Pills help the chemical imbalances but what caused the chemical imbalances in the first place? Was there a reason? If so, the patient may need higher doses and a longer duration of medical therapy unless "stuff" gets figured out in a psychological sense.

Could it be that the erosion of morality and the behavioral norms that are filth but promoted as cool, and hip, and wonderful, are murder for the soul at a deep level? The TV programs and music tells someone to live their life a certain way, but this may cause a way of life that causes anger, hurt, and fear of others (look at this election cycle for goodness sake. All three of these are off the charts). Good is called evil and evil is called good - more so every day it seems - and it's not helping families or individuals.

And the human soul aches and picks up the phone to call a counselor or a doctor....
Or checks out altogether.

We pray this nation turns its collective backside away from all the filth and hate (anger) quickly. If not, depression has only just begun.

Blessings,
Mark

Posted By: coop

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 12:13 PM

The drug companies send out reps with trunk fulls of "free meds" that are brought into doctor offices, in carry bags, and given to the doctors and PA's. They then prescribes med XYZ and just happen to have free samples to get you started... the next month the prescriptions of XYZ are written for the drug store............ been working that way a long time.

Re: Phycotropic drug side effects - 10/11/20 02:59 PM

People get depressed cause they feel useless.
They feel useless because they dont create anything physical.They dont actually do anything real.
People need to do a certain amount of physical work with their hands bodys and minds in unison to create something-this is when people feel like they have actually accomplished something.
Things that feed the soul are primal.Hunting is one.You actually go out,stalk and kill some meat(and waste nothing of the animal-important)that will sustain your life.This is what connects us to the earth and the creator.This connection does not exist for many-that is why they feel useless and get depressed.Growing and gathering food,cutting firewood to heat ourselves,building cabins to shelter us etc all give us purpose, a sense of real accomplishment,and the important connection to the land,life and the creator.
People need to get out and stay out on the land once in a while to connect-to build self confidence,strength of character and a spiritual connection to the Earth.
When in the bush there are immediate consequences for all action and inaction,You dont create shelter-you get cold and wet-you dont cut wood-you freeze-you dont kill,or gather food-you go hungry.
People today dont reap any consequences for lazyness or inaction and people wonder why everyone is soft in body and mind today,lol.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums