Home

Venus is bright in the eastern sky this morning

Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Venus is bright in the eastern sky this morning - 10/11/20 10:26 AM

Still dark here, nice clear sky. Venus is very bright in the lower eastern sky.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Venus is bright in the eastern sky this morning - 10/11/20 10:31 AM

Had to go look. Yup, there is a big bright one to the east. I don't know for sure, but I assume its Venus as it kinda stands out over the others.
Posted By: coonlove

Re: Venus is bright in the eastern sky this morning - 10/11/20 11:37 AM

Turn 180 degrees to the western sky and you will see a very red Mars at about the same elevation. Mars is in the east right after sundown.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Venus is bright in the eastern sky this morning - 10/11/20 11:49 AM

Noticed Mars last night.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Venus is bright in the eastern sky this morning - 10/11/20 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by coonlove
Turn 180 degrees to the western sky and you will see a very red Mars at about the same elevation. Mars is in the east right after sundown.

I assumed it was Mars, glad you clarified that, as I am often wrong on star ID but still gaze and wonder. I have no light pollution at the off grid camp and very little at home. Standing on my dock on our small lake provides some great star gazing during our night fishing.
Posted By: billcat

Re: Venus is bright in the eastern sky this morning - 10/11/20 02:39 PM

Just after dark, Jupiter and Saturn are just west of south about halfway up to the top of the sky. Appear as one bright star, with a smaller less bright star to the left just a smidgon. Get your spotting scopes out, you might be able to see 3 or 4 of Jupiter's moons and the rings of Saturn.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Venus is bright in the eastern sky this morning - 10/12/20 01:29 PM

Used a spotting scope and could see Saturn and its rings , was awesome, and the moons around Jupiter, I could see 4 really well but I guess there are 52 of them.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Venus is bright in the eastern sky this morning - 10/12/20 04:36 PM

Been noticing it most mornings when I'm out. I should get a scope out check it out closer, never did that.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums