Home

Climate Change

Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Climate Change - 10/11/20 11:20 AM

Yesterday when the wife and I stopped for gas there was some younger folks getting gas at the pump 3 islands over. They had their music blasting. A rather saucy selection of rap. I was contemplating whether they had any awareness of the perception their conduct was prescribing when I became aware of an elderly gentleman walking toward this vehicle. I thought no way that is his, it wasn’t. He never spoke a word, just glared at the two in the vehicle while drinking his fountain drink. The music slowly lowered the closer he got until it was finally off. lol The gentleman continued walking to his car and lingered there still watching the younger lads until they pulled away.

Perhaps respect is returning one incident at a time.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Climate Change - 10/11/20 11:22 AM

We pray so more than we hope so.

grin
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Climate Change - 10/11/20 11:22 AM

In some places, they would have got out and beat him down. You must've been in a tame neighborhood!

Re: Climate Change - 10/11/20 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
In some places, they would have got out and beat him down. You must've been in a tame neighborhood!

I’m betting they would of had their hands full. lol
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Climate Change - 10/11/20 12:05 PM

Wasn't Chuck Norris was it? grin
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Climate Change - 10/11/20 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer

No, heard the lads are still alive and intact.

Re: Climate Change - 10/11/20 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer

Must be close, he changed their mood with just a look.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Climate Change - 10/11/20 12:49 PM

I remember back in high school after a basketball game between my hometown and a rival town, a bunch of fresh-out-of-high school ruffians thought they would start a rumble outside the front doors after the game was over. They found out real quick the old men still had some spunk left in them. laugh
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: Climate Change - 10/11/20 01:30 PM

I'm kinda inspired by the events. I get young folks being young folks, But something in them showed respect for others. Hope is not lost after all.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Climate Change - 10/11/20 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by turkn8rtrapper
I'm kinda inspired by the events. I get young folks being young folks, But something in them showed respect for others. Hope is not lost after all.

Well said.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Climate Change - 10/11/20 08:56 PM

maybe they had watched second hand lions recently and thought the old timer looked like Hub
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Climate Change - 10/12/20 01:29 AM

Maybe their Dads were Trappers
Posted By: Wingshot

Re: Climate Change - 10/12/20 02:23 AM

Someone should invent a hand held remote that just blows out the speakers at a given decibel rating. That’s been a fantasy of mine for some time. I can never understand why anyone would think it’s fashionable to blast a car sound system at a gas station or similar public space. Maybe the guy gave them the Clint Eastwood scowl from Gran Torino. That’s my go to.

Re: Climate Change - 10/12/20 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Wingshot
Someone should invent a hand held remote that just blows out the speakers at a given decibel rating. That’s been a fantasy of mine for some time. I can never understand why anyone would think it’s fashionable to blast a car sound system at a gas station or similar public space. Maybe the guy gave them the Clint Eastwood scowl from Gran Torino. That’s my go to.

More like Morgan Feeman.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums