Home

... Can’t Even Bowhunt

Posted By: Savell

... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 03:38 PM

... down here without dealing with these things lol

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 03:41 PM

They sure do have a "cotton" white mouth.

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Flipper 56
They sure do have a "cotton" white mouth.

... yeah... good target to shove that oak limb down his throat
Posted By: cotton

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 03:50 PM

jap just gives em some bubble gum and they leave him alone
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 05:13 PM

It just wants a kiss
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 05:22 PM

Geez Saveller,

Ya scared him.

We've all been woken up like that before.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 05:23 PM

Old no shoulders never fails to excite. If you live in the south you are gonna just have to learn to get along. I usually get along right after giving them a subdural hematoma.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 05:36 PM

Goofy looking belt you got there. Should probably take it out of the water and break it in better.
Posted By: hippie

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 06:06 PM

Come on up and hunt Savell, lots of deer to hunt without tripping over those things.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 06:10 PM

I heard they taste like Tilapia but I'm not putting Tilapia in this mouth!
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 06:19 PM

Is Tilapia Spanish for horvos rancheros or something?
Your little friend was just grinning at ya like a possum, kinda sorta
Posted By: Getting There

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 06:36 PM

Good time to ck out your Judge Revolver. 410 or Long Colt?
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 09:04 PM

Yep once they bite down on the bubble gum their mouth is stuck together and they cant bite you.

Quit giving out all my secrets cotton!

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 09:35 PM

... you’re so smart Jtrap...I’m honored that you posted in my thread

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
Come on up and hunt Savell, lots of deer to hunt without tripping over those things.

Thanks Hippie .. but be careful with your generosity... there’s a reason why my area has such a low deer population lol

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Getting There
Good time to ck out your Judge Revolver. 410 or Long Colt?

... I bit it’s head off ... didn’t want to disturb all the tranquility and such
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 10:53 PM

I prefer them over rattlesnakes. Don’t ask me why, I really don’t know. They just seem more docile than our rattlers.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 11:16 PM

Got some home brewed rounds for my blackhawk that tames em right down. 8 gr unique and top with a card wad then add # 12 shot top with a drop of Elmers glue. Not heard any protests from them after.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 11:18 PM

I miss seeing a lot of deer sign because Im always looking where Im walking and not paying attention to rubs and scrapes, etc.

Tip: a green LED headlamp doesnt illuminate that white mouth or that light clolored chin enough to see them when walking to stand before daylight or back out after dark. I learned that the "not so calm" way...

Hunting in the deep southern US....gotta love it!

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
I miss seeing a lot of deer sign because Im always looking where Im walking and not paying attention to rubs and scrapes, etc.

Tip: a green LED headlamp doesnt illuminate that white mouth or that light clolored chin enough to see them when walking to stand before daylight or back out after dark. I learned that the "not so calm" way...

... did one get you Swamp? ... I run those lightweight lacrosse grange rubber boots... and I’ve tested them on copperheads and they’re fine... but I don’t trust them for cottonmouths or canebrakes lol

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 11:37 PM

I wear Danner Sharptails 17” snake boots. Got hit by a cottonmouth last year in a ragweed field of all places, lol. With snake boots I don’t even watch for them anymore.

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
I wear Danner Sharptails 17” snake boots. Got hit by a cottonmouth last year in a ragweed field of all places, lol. With snake boots I don’t even watch for them anymore.

I wear snake boot too, but still look for em.

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Savell
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

... did one get you Swamp? ... I run those lightweight lacrosse grange rubber boots... and I’ve tested them on copperheads and they’re fine... but I don’t trust them for cottonmouths or canebrakes lol

No...never been bit. Have been struck at several times...but i was able to levitate fast enough to avoid the fangs.

The size of some of these cottonmouths, timbers and diamondbacks down here I cant trust the Granges. I never head out without either my Muck Armors, Lacrosse snake boots, or Red Head snake boots on.

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/11/20 11:58 PM

.... I only wear the grange’s because the county game law said he don’t like seeing me go barefoot ...
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/12/20 12:00 AM

.... I only wear the grange’s because the county game law said he don’t like seeing me go barefoot ...

laugh

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/12/20 12:01 AM

Makes you harder to track...confuse your track with a bear's..

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/12/20 12:05 AM

Lol...

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/12/20 12:27 AM

No it scares the daylights out of the bears when they step on his bare foot tracks

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/12/20 12:43 AM

Lol Larry..

... Swamp... y’all seeing any deer in this heatwave? ... all I’ve been covered up with is cat squirrels with raspy barks like they’re ate up with covid

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/12/20 12:59 AM

Lol Larry..

... Swamp... y’all seeing any deer in this heatwave? ... all I’ve been covered up with is cat squirrels with raspy barks like they’re ate up with covid

Yeah...bucks on the prowl here for past couple weeks...scrapes everywhere. Our peak breeding is last week of Oct. We are within a few days of all out chasing, but this warm humid stretch of days is rough on the hunting. A few bucks are getting killed both morning and evening but skeeters are rough...even with Thermacell. Georgia's muzzleloader and the kid's rifle season opened yesterday. Regular firearms opens this coming Saturday.

We had a short cool snap about 10 days ago. Need more of that.

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/12/20 01:20 AM

.... they’ll start moving good here in a couple weeks ....chasing by the last week of October... scrapes are opened up now.... I’ve been bouncing around the government woods here around the house... dadgum hogs running off everything each time I set up on dropping oaks... and every brand of oak is dropping ... but just a little.. deer scattered all over... and “they” say there’s only 1 deer for every 40 acres in this nat. Forest ... seems like more when I find them and conditions are right ... been a rough start this year.. killed a couple rooters though
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/12/20 02:10 AM

Happy got lost on my sail boat and don't know where we are day tomorrow, got the day off cause some drunk Englishman got lost while out sailing around the world.

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/12/20 02:41 AM

.... they’ll start moving good here in a couple weeks ....chasing by the last week of October... scrapes are opened up now.... I’ve been bouncing around the government woods here around the house... dadgum hogs running off everything each time I set up on dropping oaks... and every brand of oak is dropping ... but just a little.. deer scattered all over... and “they” say there’s only 1 deer for every 40 acres in this nat. Forest ... seems like more when I find them and conditions are right ... been a rough start this year.. killed a couple rooters though

Deer population here is about the same...maybe 20/sq mile. Live oak acorns are raining down. Excellent crop this year.
Posted By: Dean Chapel

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/12/20 06:03 PM

Savell- skin me 2 of those snakes to back my recurve, and I'll take the time to educate you about the best state - Montana
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/12/20 10:39 PM

I wouldn't do well in the South, other than my knuckle dragging arms for scratching chiggers bites on my ankles. It would take me a long time to get used to the eight months of summer, winning football teams, grits, storms with names like Sally, and these nasty snakes

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/13/20 01:48 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I like’em. Wasn’t anywhere near a populated area, so he got a pass after posing for me.

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/15/20 03:30 AM

.... makes me wonder what else you like Wannabe...lol...only things ever got a pass from me was coachwhip snakes and deep thinkin Pentecostal gals

Re: ... Can’t Even Bowhunt - 10/15/20 04:07 AM

Savell
I about vapor locked on that one !
© 2024 Trapperman Forums