Home

Why would you lock a thread outing scammers?

Posted By: Marty B

Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 02:46 AM

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthr.../1/trapperman-is-a-great-site-but#UNREAD

Posted By: Boco

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 02:55 AM

I'd like to know their t-man names and the particulars to protect myself.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Boco

I would too. Seems the fella who got ripped off didn't think about contacting me about it. He's rather just badmouth the site.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 03:00 AM

I have purchased some things from Proud Active and have found him to be extremely honest and a very fast shipper. I really hate to see that others scammed him. Really too bad that some took advantage of his trust.

Moosetrot

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

I would too. Seems the fella who got ripped off didn't think about contacting me about it. He's rather just badmouth the site.

I see your point the way it was worded.
Posted By: BraskaYoter

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 03:06 AM

X2
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 03:09 AM

Sorry to hear that happened to you. I believe most on here are good honest people.
Posted By: Huntall76

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 03:19 AM

What names do they go by on trapperman.com?
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 03:20 AM

I have purchased/ traded stuff with proactive had good fair dealings with him.
Sorry to hear bud, I'm to trusting with my business but i don't do cards (cost).
I've never not got check but i will say the mail service is slow laugh
Service work just once and of all things it was a lawyer, when he died i got money from estate along with interest.
Sad to say the world does have some bad apples.

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 03:34 AM

I stopped making custom knives without 50% down first, weeds out the riff raff that just wants to kick the tires. Been stuck with to many to sell and market when people back out. Its harder than one might think to sell a custom hand made knife when the average joe can go buy a store bought for way less thats factory stamped out.
Posted By: tow

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 03:43 AM

The first thing I did was contact “Wheelers” I Never bad mouthed the Site, Read my Post I said I loved the Site
Posted By: tow

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 03:47 AM

Why was I locked the first thing I did was contact the sheriff “ Wheelers “ who quote said it was my fault which it was but I have every right to warn others about the scoundrels on here

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 03:47 AM

https://www.taxidermy.net/threads/426212/

Seems like ive seen that pic with the hound here before also.

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 03:52 AM

What were there names here, I think everyone should know there trapperman handles.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by BraskaYoter

X2

X3
Posted By: wheelers

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Proud active
Why was I locked the first thing I did was contact the sheriff “ Wheelers “ who quote said it was my fault which it was but I have every right to warn others about the scoundrels on here

This is what he fails to mention. He keeps sending stuff to these people before they have paid. I said "That's on you" You would think after the first time it happened you wouldn't keep doing it. The people should still pay for the item but I guess there are a few bad apples.

I asked you for the peoples real names to go with their tman names but he never got me them so it must not be to important to him. Most don't know members by their real names. That's why it's locked
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 11:25 AM

If you are in the habit of sending products to folks who you don't know - without first receiving full payment,

You may find;
They are not as excited about sending you greenbacks
As you are excited about shipping products to them.

Bad bidness habits will make you crabby.
So we don't develop bad bidness habits.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 11:38 AM

I have never bought anything online without having to pay for it first. There is a reason for that.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
I have never bought anything online without having to pay for it first. There is a reason for that.

When I bought a set of one hand setters off Dave. I couldn't believe he was that great of a guy. I would have paid before but he said when they arrived mail a check so I did.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 11:47 AM

Not everyone is as honest as you. Well, there's Joe and Kamala, but it's rare. laugh
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Not everyone is as honest as you. Well, there's Joe and Kamala, but it's rare. laugh

grin
Posted By: Gulo

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 12:55 PM

I will throw out my $0.02 in defense of Trapperman members. Like Proud active, I'm a trusting sort of guy. I probably don't do the volume he does, so I have less chance of being urinated on. Looking back through my records, I have dealt with 85 Tman orders for knives. As soon as I get the order, the knives go in the mail. I wait, usually less than a week, and my check arrives. Of 85 different Tman members, I've been stiffed exactly once. On the other hand, I wish I could show that sort of honesty across the board, but I can't. So, at least with the Trapperman crowd, I've been amazed at the integrity of the members I've dealt with - 85 of 'em. A shout-out is due. I'm disappointed to hear of your being stiffed, Proud active.

Jack
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Gulo
I will throw out my $0.02 in defense of Trapperman members. Like Proud active, I'm a trusting sort of guy. I probably don't do the volume he does, so I have less chance of being urinated on. Looking back through my records, I have dealt with 85 Tman orders for knives. As soon as I get the order, the knives go in the mail. I wait, usually less than a week, and my check arrives. Of 85 different Tman members, I've been stiffed exactly once. On the other hand, I wish I could show that sort of honesty across the board, but I can't. So, at least with the Trapperman crowd, I've been amazed at the integrity of the members I've dealt with - 85 of 'em. A shout-out is due. I'm disappointed to hear of your being stiffed, Proud active.

Jack

That's been my experience also!
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 01:14 PM

Reading some of the comments on this thread reminded me of our transaction Gulo.

It's good to hear that you and 330 have so few bad deals.

I hope ProudActive gets this straightened out.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 01:44 PM

I don't know the facts of what led to this thread.
However, everyone should be afforded some sort of "due process" before they are outed publicly as acting in a fraudulent or dishonest manner.

Maybe In unaware of a process that has been established, but when a particular problem arises I would assume it would be brought to the attention of the moderators before it is brought out to the public.
Posted By: MJM

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 02:22 PM

The bottom line in buying off the trap shed is someone has to ship first. Should the check go first or the item? Why does everyone think the check should go first. Is it because you trust the guy on the other end? Back when there was the bad feedback there is probably more bad sells feedback than buyers.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 02:34 PM

Yeah, what happened to the bad feedback? I don't go to the trap shed but once in a blue moon, but I went there the other day, and saw it was gone. Was it not politcly correct or was there another problem? Advance warning of scumbags would be a good thing, I would surmise!
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by waggler
However, everyone should be afforded some sort of "due process" before they are outed publicly as acting in a fraudulent or dishonest manner.

Maybe In unaware of a process that has been established, but when a particular problem arises I would assume it would be brought to the attention of the moderators before it is brought out to the public.

I have no love for liars and cheets. Why would protect them in any way? Crooks are crooks, anyway you slice it!
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Yeah, what happened to the bad feedback? I don't go to the trap shed but once in a blue moon, but I went there the other day, and saw it was gone. Was it not politcly correct or was there another problem? Advance warning of scumbags would be a good thing, I would surmise!

Same, I don't hardly ever go there. I was given a heads up on some NIB NW 1.75's by our mutual friend PCR a few months ago. That's the first I was there in years. I didn't notice the bad feedback was gone.

I got a great deal on the Northwoods though!
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 03:06 PM

Actually there would only need to be a bad feedback for me. I always assume the people are going to be honest until I know they are not. I never look at the good feedback.

I have no love for liars and cheats. Why would protect them in any way? Crooks are crooks, anyway you slice it!

I agree Lee. Every bit of info you have on them should out there for all to see. If it's an honest mistake, and they come back and get it worked out, their info could then be removed. Personally I haven't had any bad deals out of several thousand, but until I know the person from previous deals I await payment before shipping most of the time.

That said, ultimately its Paul's site and it'll be ran the way he wants it to be, like it or lump it. I'm not about to try and change it.
~ADC~

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 03:09 PM

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1122829/bad-feedback#Post1122829

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/335662/1
Posted By: waggler

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 03:10 PM

I have no love for liars and cheets. Why would protect them in any way? Crooks are crooks, anyway you slice it!

None of us like being judged as guilty before we have an opportunity to defend ourselves. I assume you believe in Due Process?

Assumption of innocence is sometimes a little inconvenient because it appears to get in the way of delivering justice, but it is necessary in order to protect the innocent.

By all means, "out" the offenders, but you can't rightly just throw around accusations of guilt on a public forum like this without at least some form of Due Process; like I said before; I assume a moderator or two would be involved.

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 03:17 PM

The guy got ripped off-There is no question about who did it or guilt or innocence.One name at least is on another site as a rip off.
Unless you are calling the OP a liar.
Posted By: cbat

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 03:50 PM

I guess that I have been lucky. In all my dealings on several forums everything has gone smoothly. If I am selling I ship as soon as I get shipping info. Same as paying for something that I commit to buy.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 03:51 PM

Back when there was a purge, that got deleted by accident.

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? - 10/13/20 04:00 PM

Some of the old bad feedback here...

© 2024 Trapperman Forums