Home

HD leaf blower

Posted By: AJE

HD leaf blower - 10/14/20 02:27 AM

A relative bought 1 of these Husky backpack leaf blowers. Holy smokes, does that thing ever work. I say that after viewing a video he sent me of him cleaning leaves off his yard. My problem is pine needles, and I'm not sure how a fancy blower works on pine needles. Talk about loud though. This thing is high powered. Good ear muffs are a must. I wish he lived closer so I could borrow it & try it out. They aren't cheap, but might be worth it. I think it works on light snow too.

https://www.husqvarna.com/us/produc...Vt4Oz7AIViLzACh0QbA0DEAAYASAAEgJSI_D_BwE
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: HD leaf blower - 10/14/20 02:45 AM

I bought the most powerful backpack leaf blower Stihl had to offer. It's marketed as being capable of blowing a full size car battery across a cement floor. I have regrets. I seriously regret not buying one 20 years ago. Or at least when they first hit the market. Unreal what you can accomplish with this machine. The obvious aside........ever had to broom off roof sheeting after removing old shingles? do an entire roof effortlessly in a couple minutes, eaves troughs (gutters in the U.S.), blowing dust, water or snow off vehicles, cleaning the pontoon boat, blasting goose crap off lake front properties, and the list goes on.
Posted By: white17

Re: HD leaf blower - 10/14/20 02:49 AM

I'll bet you guys are talking about gas powered machines. I want a battery powered machine but of course no one will ship it to me due to the lithium batteries !
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: HD leaf blower - 10/14/20 02:50 AM

I use a gas powered blower to sweep out the garage.

Re: HD leaf blower - 10/14/20 02:50 AM

They really suck too.
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: HD leaf blower - 10/14/20 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by white17
I'll bet you guys are talking about gas powered machines. I want a battery powered machine but of course no one will ship it to me due to the lithium batteries !

Don't you have any friends in town to send you stuff in nondescript packaging?
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: HD leaf blower - 10/14/20 09:59 AM

My neighbor has one that he uses to blow snow off his driveway. He'll finish off his driveway and then go out on the road and blow the snow off it about 20 yards up. This way the plow truck won't push any back into his driveway.

What's really nice is it will work fairly good on the lake effect snow we get here.

Re: HD leaf blower - 10/14/20 10:17 AM

I also use it to blow snow "dry snow" off the woodpile. Even though it's tarped.
Posted By: Thumbian

Re: HD leaf blower - 10/14/20 11:02 AM

I bought the largest Stihl & it works great on pine needles
Posted By: WV Danimal

Re: HD leaf blower - 10/14/20 11:53 AM

My buddy swears that we should put mine behind a canoe to power the boat lol... I have a Stihl and it will twist your back when you smash the throttle.

Re: HD leaf blower - 10/14/20 11:56 AM

That's a great idea. Here on the refuge we can only use battery powered motors to fish with. Hmmmmmmmm. Now I wonder if I would have to license the canoe for a leaf blower?????
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: HD leaf blower - 10/14/20 12:09 PM

If one of you tries the canoeing thing please video the event .

Never know it could be worth $ 10,000 !
Posted By: snowy

Re: HD leaf blower - 10/14/20 12:38 PM

I have been thinking of getting a backpack unit but would only get one that is a 4 stroke.
Posted By: KB64

Re: HD leaf blower - 10/14/20 01:00 PM

EGO 56V for the battery powered stuff, they even have a backpack style blower. I used my handheld blower last week burning residue off some food plots. Good for snuffing out hot spots.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: HD leaf blower - 10/14/20 01:27 PM

The bad thing about leaf blower is that is getting that time of year again. I wish I had gotten one with a battery start.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums