Home

Awesome buck

Posted By: rvsask

Awesome buck - 10/14/20 04:13 AM

He’s nowhere near the biggest we’ve drug home but he’s ancient and we’ve [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
scooped up a lot of his sheds over the years. My 14 year old dumped him last night with a smokepole. He was an extremely hard to pattern and kill old boy.
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: Awesome buck - 10/14/20 04:16 AM

Nice buck! So awesome that you have that much history with him
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Awesome buck - 10/14/20 04:17 AM

Great Buck
Congratulations
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Awesome buck - 10/14/20 04:25 AM

Rvsask that is awesome!!!! Those racks look the same size. How old do you figure he is?

Re: Awesome buck - 10/14/20 04:31 AM

Jurassic, he’s at least 11, maybe 12. He never varied much from age 4 or 5 on but peaked antler wise 4 years ago. Of course we never found either side that year . Last year we didn’t find one either, nor did we the year before he peaked.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Awesome buck - 10/14/20 04:33 AM

Nice job 👍🙂

Re: Awesome buck - 10/14/20 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by rvsask
Jurassic, he’s at least 11, maybe 12. He never varied much from age 4 or 5 on but peaked antler wise 4 years ago. Of course we never found either side that year . Last year we didn’t find one either

Man that’s cool! I love hunting bucks I have history with.

Re: Awesome buck - 10/14/20 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
Jurassic, he’s at least 11, maybe 12. He never varied much from age 4 or 5 on but peaked antler wise 4 years ago. Of course we never found either side that year . Last year we didn’t find one either

Man that’s cool! I love hunting bucks I have history with.

Me as well. Truthfully, for years he was just a dime a dozen buck with weak brows it was fun to pick sheds from but the last few years, his age and the sheds he left us put him on the radar as a buck we wanted to kill.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Awesome buck - 10/14/20 05:04 AM

A good buck and a good story to go with it.
Posted By: weaselnut

Re: Awesome buck - 10/14/20 05:25 AM

Yes congrats, great looking buck.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Awesome buck - 10/14/20 09:27 AM

nice buck , smile
Posted By: K-zoo

Re: Awesome buck - 10/14/20 09:53 AM

Very nice!
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Awesome buck - 10/14/20 12:18 PM

Very nice!
Posted By: Redknot

Re: Awesome buck - 10/14/20 12:21 PM

Wow!! Not only on the buck, but the incredible collection of his sheds...Well done!
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Awesome buck - 10/14/20 12:23 PM

Oh man, thats some fun stuff!
Great buck.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Awesome buck - 10/14/20 12:28 PM

Thats Great
Posted By: Sask hunter

Re: Awesome buck - 10/14/20 03:20 PM

Nice buck! What type of field was he going to?
Posted By: BvrRetriever

Re: Awesome buck - 10/14/20 11:33 PM

Really nice buck! It’s always a bitter sweet thing when you finally catch up to one you’ve been after!! Must help smooth it a bit when your son is the one to drop the hammer. Great job!
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Awesome buck - 10/15/20 12:13 AM

He’s nowhere near the biggest we’ve drug home but he’s ancient and we’ve [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
scooped up a lot of his sheds over the years. My 14 year old dumped him last night with a smokepole. He was an extremely hard to pattern and kill old boy.

Very Nice !..........We can’t hunt deer at night In New Hampshire....................
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Awesome buck - 10/15/20 12:25 AM

Good work! Great story as well, he had some miles on him
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Awesome buck - 10/15/20 01:30 AM

Not wanting to start an argument, but 11 or 12 year old whitetail probably would not be that healthy. Teeth wear by that age would limit his nutrition intake. I think he is an older buck but not more than 5.5 or 6.5.

Re: Awesome buck - 10/15/20 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Not wanting to start an argument, but 11 or 12 year old whitetail probably would not be that healthy. Teeth wear by that age would limit his nutrition intake. I think he is an older buck but not more than 5.5 or 6.5.

There’s 6 years of antlers in the pic. Can’t be 5.5 years old.

And he said there was a couple years they didn’t find it’s sheds.

Posted By: Boco

Re: Awesome buck - 10/15/20 02:15 AM

Hefty looking deer compared to a lot I've seen posted.
Posted By: JoMiBru

Re: Awesome buck - 10/15/20 02:47 AM

Congrats! Love the history. Good stuff! What do you think he weighed?

John
Posted By: Huntall76

Re: Awesome buck - 10/15/20 02:59 AM

Nice deer

Re: Awesome buck - 10/15/20 04:03 AM

Swampwolf go ahead and be a hater , it’s okay, they’re everywhere in the whitetail hunting world. I’ll attach a photo of a shed, the third year we found sheds from him. The smallest guy in the pic, killed the buck, he’s 14 now. Also, I’ll attach a photo tomorrow of the fat we cut off him if you think a deer that old cannot he healthy.🥴 [Linked Image]
I too killed a buck that old last year, ugly in the antler department , unchanged for about 6 years, but healthy as (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman). [Linked Image]
JP, there are only 5 years of sheds in the photo, but I appreciate the allegiance and respect the common sense. Yes there were three years we found none after the first set and one crappy old white chewed onexwe found from another year that didn’t make the photo.

Re: Awesome buck - 10/15/20 04:09 AM

Swampwolf go ahead and be a hater , it’s okay, they’re everywhere in the whitetail hunting world. I’ll attach a photo of a shed, the third year we found sheds from him. The smallest guy in the pic, killed the buck, he’s 14 now. Also, I’ll attach a photo tomorrow of the fat we cut off him if you think a deer that old cannot he healthy.🥴 [Linked Image]
I too killed a buck that old last year, ugly in the antler department , unchanged for about 6 years, but healthy as (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman). [Linked Image]

Incredible to find a shed at that age and then all these years later he shoots him.

Re: Awesome buck - 10/15/20 04:17 AM

Here’s his brother with the match to the other , he’s now 16 and drives himself hunting. [Linked Image]
It really is no wonder people are hesitant to share things on the web.

Re: Awesome buck - 10/15/20 04:22 AM

I sure wouldnt let one bad comment chase me off,I would post more just to bug them.

Re: Awesome buck - 10/15/20 04:25 AM

You’re correct Boco, and definitely correct about it being heftier than most you see on here. Like I said , the pile of fat cut off him likely outweighs the average Georgia doe. That’s what standing canola does to a deer.

Re: Awesome buck - 10/15/20 04:28 AM

Give old Swampwolf a break-he dont understand that Canadian deer have much better healthcare than American deer.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Awesome buck - 10/15/20 04:34 AM

Boco don't let this thread go south.
Good deer your son got, and the story as well.
Looks like some tough bush to hunt

Re: Awesome buck - 10/15/20 04:37 AM

OK.

Re: Awesome buck - 10/15/20 04:38 AM

Rvsask, I said 6 years of antlers because I was including the antlers on the buck too lol. Can’t be 5 with 6 sets of antlers in the photo.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Awesome buck - 10/15/20 01:38 PM

WTG!
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Awesome buck - 10/15/20 03:20 PM

Love it! Glad your son was able to harvest the brute.

Chris

Re: Awesome buck - 10/16/20 01:44 PM

Guys...im not a hater. But how does anyone know that those sheds came from that same buck?

That is a super buck for the young man...not questioning that at all. I just dont think that buck is 11 or 12 years old.

Re: Awesome buck - 10/16/20 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
I sure wouldnt let one bad comment chase me off,I would post more just to bug them.

Wasn't meant as a "bad" comment at all.

I just dont believe Canadian whitetails, or any whitetail, would be in that good of shape when reaching 11 or 12 years of age.

Great buck though!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums