Home

Time to grind

Posted By: pintail_drake04

Time to grind - 10/15/20 01:11 PM

Its that time of year for making burger
[Linked Image]

Decided to make some breakfast sausage while I was at it.
[Linked Image]

Links are not my specialty.
[Linked Image]

The left over in the grinder is always reserved for the butcher!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Time to grind - 10/15/20 01:43 PM

Those links look fine! I love breakfast sausage. Grow sage every year for it. Just got done with a 20 lb batch of summer sausage. Wife pointed out to me I never make it in the summer. Nice looking pan too
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Time to grind - 10/15/20 03:30 PM

This is how I twist my links. It works well, and this video does a good job explaining it. The secret is to not stuff your tube so full that it bursts when you twist. You need extra room to pinch and twist the links together.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Time to grind - 10/15/20 05:10 PM

Ok now I am hungry again
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Time to grind - 10/15/20 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by pintail_drake04
Its that time of year for making burger
[Linked Image]

Decided to make some breakfast sausage while I was at it.
[Linked Image]

Links are not my specialty.
[Linked Image]

The left over in the grinder is always reserved for the butcher!
[Linked Image]

Sausage looks like you used synthetic casing.Use natural casing next time,,I use sheep gut for that sized sausage,,and your links will come out a lot nicer.
Posted By: pintail_drake04

Re: Time to grind - 10/15/20 05:49 PM

i used the collagen cases because it was what I had on hand. Trying to use up the left over deer in my freezers. Ended up using what i had in the pantry fresh sage/rosemary/thyme, salt & pepper, and little red pepper flake. I wasn't really planning on making sausage, but while I was grinding the wife mentioned being out of breakfast sausage. This worked out well.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Time to grind - 10/15/20 05:52 PM

Looks good to me. I enjoy doing this type stuff as a hobby. I'd get tired of it if I had a lot to do but its fun once or twice a year.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums