Home

John Deere Problem

Posted By: Scout1

John Deere Problem - 10/16/20 12:20 AM

Ive got a JD 3005 small tractor. It is not hydrostatic, but clutch and shifter. I disked the garden for about 30 minutes. Removed the disked, put the box blade back on, put in gear and tractor cut off. Tractor will start back up, but dies when I put it in gear. Clutch is pressed in, but as soon as you shift in gear it dies. I believe its around a 2010 model, 27 hp, and right at 75 hours. Figure Ill ask the tractor experts on Tman, then look at in the morning. Would there be a clutch switch? Tractor dies before clutch is released, as soon as its put in gear. I let it cool down an hour, and it does the same. Thanks in advanced!
Posted By: Pirogue

Re: John Deere Problem - 10/16/20 12:29 AM

Sure the PTO is completely disengaged ?
Posted By: JTfromWV

Re: John Deere Problem - 10/16/20 12:33 AM

Sounds like the clutch disk is stuck to the flywheel. Put it in high gear, push in the clutch, and try to start it. It may pop loose.
Posted By: BBarnes

Re: John Deere Problem - 10/16/20 12:55 AM

I think your throw out bearing is stuck in the pressure plate fingers. Any way you go sounds like you may need a clutch assembly.

Jmo
B
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: John Deere Problem - 10/16/20 12:57 AM

Sounds more like a safety switch problem than a clutch problem if I’m understanding whats happening correctly.

Re: John Deere Problem - 10/16/20 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Pirogue
Sure the PTO is completely disengaged ?

Yes, just went and tried it the other way.

Re: John Deere Problem - 10/16/20 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by JTfromWV
Sounds like the clutch disk is stuck to the flywheel. Put it in high gear, push in the clutch, and try to start it. It may pop loose.

Tried it and will not turn over when in gear. Its in high range, in neutral, and dies, as soon as it is put in gear , with the clutch still engaged.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: John Deere Problem - 10/16/20 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by M.Magis
Sounds more like a safety switch problem than a clutch problem if I’m understanding whats happening correctly.

I agree maybe the seat saftey switch ?

Re: John Deere Problem - 10/16/20 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by H2ORat
Originally Posted by M.Magis

I agree maybe the seat saftey switch ?

I may try and jumper it out, TEMPORARILY, in the morning.
Posted By: coyoteguy

Re: John Deere Problem - 10/16/20 03:33 AM

I would say safety switch also. Have a 2010 5045. If you hit starter and immediately put in gear it will die. If you wait a second or 2 your good.
Posted By: coyoteguy

Re: John Deere Problem - 10/16/20 03:35 AM

I would say safety switch also. Have a 2010 5045. If you hit starter and immediately put in gear it will die. If you wait a second or 2 your good.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: John Deere Problem - 10/16/20 05:55 AM

Here is one like yours and a few ideas. Dead 3005

Re: John Deere Problem - 10/16/20 01:41 PM

Safety Switch was it. I had lifted the seat when I was hooking the box blade back up. The switch is on a bracket that just sets on 2 large springs under the seat. The bracket was laying where the switch couldn't be made. Hence it would crank but not allow you to drive, which what it is supposed to do. I appreciate the knowledge and insight. 8 times out of 10 its something easy.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums