Home

Another First

Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Another First - 10/16/20 01:02 PM

I don’t know for sure which one was first but this is my first catch in tidal water.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: sotired

Re: Another First - 10/16/20 05:55 PM

Congratulations!

Re: Another First - 10/16/20 06:01 PM

Thank you. A little different than ponds and ditches. lol
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Another First - 10/16/20 06:06 PM

Congrats
Posted By: JoMiBru

Re: Another First - 10/17/20 12:30 AM

Nice job, congrats!
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Another First - 10/17/20 12:32 AM

Well done!
Posted By: Tom cat

Re: Another First - 10/17/20 01:48 AM

Awesome!!
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Another First - 10/17/20 02:20 AM

WTG!
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Another First - 10/17/20 02:57 AM

Dude!
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Another First - 10/17/20 04:25 AM

Nice! I have some Beavs to catch coming up as well!

Re: Another First - 10/17/20 11:44 AM

Thanks folks, I appreciate the congrats and encouragement.

I know for some of the experienced beaver trappers doesn’t seem like that big a deal but I just wasn’t getting it. Even after seeking help from the local expert.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Another First - 10/17/20 12:25 PM

Tidal water....what is that? Ocean going beavers with tides that rise and fall? They sounds interesting and difficult.

Re: Another First - 10/17/20 12:47 PM

Ocean, really?

lol
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Another First - 10/17/20 12:48 PM

great job ,how get to skinning smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Another First - 10/17/20 12:52 PM

How much is the rise and fall generally? I don't trap tidal water but do trap Corp maintained rivers. Those rise and falls can be aggravating at times. Lol.

Re: Another First - 10/17/20 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton
How much is the rise and fall generally? I don't trap tidal water but do trap Corp maintained rivers. Those rise and falls can be aggravating at times. Lol.

This is just a prediction and they don’t actually have our creek so I have to select the closest place and guess from there.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Another First - 10/17/20 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton

Boy, can they ever! I used to trap the Ks river a lot, but to old to fight it now. I had beaver under water for days before with no way to get to them. Also had dead beaver out of water where the water went down six feet over night. The worst was one time when I went out on an island to check some mink traps on the ice. I started hearing ice cracking all of a suddun, and ran for the place I had been crossing, by the time I got to the shore, I was running in six inces of water....coming up fast. The Corp of Engineers is a danger to any trapper that works these rivers, as they will not post anything telling that they intend to change it....they just do it! mad
Posted By: bad karma

Re: Another First - 10/17/20 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
I just wasn’t getting it..

I learned in tidewater, was all I knew. Far easier to learn there than still water or running streams, was a very short learning curve there from tidal situations.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums