Home

Coyote Kill

Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Coyote Kill - 10/16/20 08:46 PM

This first picture is to show the condition the buck was in on Sept. 29th.

[Linked Image]

Second picture of the dead buck on the morning of Oct. 2nd. when my dog Roscoe found him.

[Linked Image]

Third picture of indications the coyote, or coyotes , hamstrung the buck where dried blood down the inside of both hind legs show the buck was bleeding.
Coyote, or coyotes followed him until he bled out and then fed on him. You can also see the blood in the second picture.

[Linked Image]

I think this shows that predators don't always kill the sick, old, or weak animals.

I set several traps with different lure away from the carcass on trails. I put a tarp over the carcass in the daytime to keep buzzards away. But wild hogs found it on the third or fourth night and nothing was left but a little hair. They even ate the horns.
Nothing ever fed on the carcass until the hogs found it.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Coyote Kill - 10/16/20 09:25 PM

CH,

I usually find that coyotes in south Texas rarely come back to the carcass. Wish they would. They only hunt hard a time or two a week and by that time, everything and his cousin has eaten the carcass up.

Good luck on catching 'em.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Coyote Kill - 10/16/20 09:30 PM

Like you I'd take it as sign they take down a lot of game when they get thick and all the more reason to thin them out.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums