Home

Price gouging on primers

Posted By: 1lessdog

Price gouging on primers - 10/17/20 02:07 AM

I was looking at the trap shed and notices a person selling primers.

I must be one of the lucky buyers. I purchased over 2000 primers and spent 80.00.

How do the good people of Trapperman feel about the price gouging?
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Price gouging on primers - 10/17/20 02:13 AM

Crazy prices!

Chris
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Price gouging on primers - 10/17/20 02:16 AM

At Harbor Fright I got disposal glove for $7.99 a box now they are $14.99.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Price gouging on primers - 10/17/20 02:57 AM

at the gun show 2 weeks ago $75 a K some people were happy to pay it I though it too much for my liking

the thing is you don't have to buy them let the seller set on them

there are some primers out there I bought some tonight at 45.99 tor CCI #34

don't be mad at low ballers either , they are both feeling out what the market will bear
Posted By: keystone

Re: Price gouging on primers - 10/17/20 03:25 AM

It’s never fun when the prices skyrocket but as long as people are willing to cough it up it’s gonna happen. With the way politics are right now people aren’t hesitating to spend the money.
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Price gouging on primers - 10/17/20 12:32 PM

Its called supply and demand. If people are willing to pay a certain price, thats not price gouging.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Price gouging on primers - 10/17/20 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by M.Magis
Its called supply and demand. If people are willing to pay a certain price, thats not price gouging.

So there is no such thing a price gouging.
Posted By: MJM

Re: Price gouging on primers - 10/17/20 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Getting There
Its called supply and demand. If people are willing to pay a certain price, that's not price gouging.

So there is no such thing a price gouging.

No there is no such thing on a open market. If coon go up to $30 average is that price gouging? As with everything in the world, if you don't like the price, don't buy it.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Price gouging on primers - 10/17/20 01:42 PM

61 cents each for .45 FMJ bullets here at the gunshop. Bullets, not ammo. They're still there.
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Price gouging on primers - 10/17/20 01:59 PM

Yes it is. Price gouging is taking advantage of people and unfortunate circumstances to increase profit regardless of production cost. It's important to remember those who price gouge when circumstances return to normal.
Posted By: Wesley

Re: Price gouging on primers - 10/17/20 02:09 PM

Crit-R and Getting There.....most likely have no primers and wish they did so it’s more of a sour grapes situation with them lol
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Price gouging on primers - 10/17/20 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun

Yes it is. Price gouging is taking advantage of people and unfortunate circumstances to increase profit regardless of production cost. It's important to remember those who price gouge when circumstances return to normal.

Again, no its not. You aren’t forced to buy these things, you don’t NEED primers for your survival. If you think its too much, don’t buy it. Its not difficult to understand.
Posted By: Mike Cope

Re: Price gouging on primers - 10/17/20 03:39 PM

Similar conversation before rule number 9 on the trap shed was invoked.
Posted By: MJM

Re: Price gouging on primers - 10/17/20 04:56 PM

There were plenty of Lil Griz sold on the trap shed for $200+ a dozen, before there were other brands of DP's. Some how others make a profit at half that price. Was that price gouging?
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Price gouging on primers - 10/17/20 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by MJM
There were plenty of Lil Griz sold on the trap shed for $200+ a dozen, before there were other brands of DP's. Some how others make a profit at half that price. Was that price gouging?

Did them Lil Griz have all new primers installed?
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Price gouging on primers - 10/17/20 07:05 PM

Here is a thought: If coon prices shot back up to $20 for an average XL after the first of the year, would you insist the buyer only give you $8 / hide so you could say you never price gouged?

Supply and demand cost ppl who didn't plan well money- they reward anyone who planned for this. Just my 2 cents
Posted By: DaveP

Re: Price gouging on primers - 10/17/20 07:41 PM

Check GunBroker!

Crazy times, but seems the market will bear it.

LOL, used to pay $72/10,000 CCIs when I started reloading.

I actually stopped reloading a while back. Was getting 1000 rds of brass 115 great 9mm delivered for $150 as recently as February
Posted By: headache73

Re: Price gouging on primers - 10/17/20 10:17 PM

Stopped in a gun shop this morning. Guy said they were getting $49 a thousand for primers. Few weeks ago they sold what they had online for $300 a thousand, and sold out in 2 hours

Re: Price gouging on primers - 10/17/20 10:42 PM

I was in Scheels in Fargo N.D. this morning and primers are 4.39 per hundred so 43.90 a 1000.

They are limiting the sale to 200 per day so more than a few people can get some.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Price gouging on primers - 10/17/20 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by 1lessdog
I was in Scheels in Fargo N.D. this morning and primers are 4.39 per hundred so 43.90 a 1000.

They are limiting the sale to 200 per day so more than a few people can get some.

Small Rifle?

Re: Price gouging on primers - 10/18/20 12:04 AM

Had both small and large rifle Remington 7 1/2 & 9 1/2
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Price gouging on primers - 10/18/20 12:13 AM

How many will buy them all when they see some and put them with the toilet paper????

Re: Price gouging on primers - 10/18/20 12:15 AM

You can only buy 200 per day
© 2024 Trapperman Forums