Home

ATV LED Headlamp Bulbs

Posted By: Eagleye

ATV LED Headlamp Bulbs - 10/17/20 11:26 AM

Has anyone replaced ATV headlamp bulbs with LEDS ( just the bulb not the entire headlamp). I thought it would be the way to go but the reviews are less than stellar.
Posted By: illinideer

Re: ATV LED Headlamp Bulbs - 10/17/20 03:33 PM

I did a lot of reading on light and bulb reviews and ended up putting a aux beam brand light bar on my arctic cat 250 4x4. Fairly cheap and really bright has spot in the middle and floods on the ends. Going to do the same to my AC 400 4x4 the headlights on it suck compared to the light bar.
J
Posted By: AJE

Re: ATV LED Headlamp Bulbs - 10/18/20 04:11 AM

I thought about trying it on a snowmobile but figure oncoming traffic might not like it

I'm not sure how it'd work on an atv. Good question.
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: ATV LED Headlamp Bulbs - 10/18/20 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by illinideer
I did a lot of reading on light and bulb reviews and ended up putting a aux beam brand light bar on my arctic cat 250 4x4. Fairly cheap and really bright has spot in the middle and floods on the ends. Going to do the same to my AC 400 4x4 the headlights on it suck compared to the light bar.
J

I like the idea of a light bar, did you wire it into the headlight harness or wire it as stand alone? I would prefer to have it come on with my headlight switch but also have the capability to turn-it off when on the road, is there an on off switch on it?
Posted By: illinideer

Re: ATV LED Headlamp Bulbs - 10/18/20 12:46 PM

I tied it in to the headlight harnness.
J
© 2024 Trapperman Forums