Home

Picked up a new FB ban while already on one!

Posted By: warrior

Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 04:08 PM

It seems the Zuck is doubling down on silencing thought crime, retroactively. Note this new one is for something posted in August. It seems there is no statute of limitations for conservatives.

Ordinarily I'm all for private entities such as this very forum having total control of their forums as 1A does not apply to private forums. However, at what point have certain private entities taken over the public common? Are we looking at privatization of control of 1A?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 04:18 PM

That looks like my brothers...lol

Donnie

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 04:24 PM

I freely admit that I brought it on by posting Rittenhouse memes knowing FB objections. However my contention is that certain platforms have crossed into the area of monopolizing the public common.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 05:26 PM

I never use my Facebook, I've had it for years, never will use it.
I tried deleting my account once but was unsuccessful.
What do I need to post on there in order to get kicked off for life?
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 05:34 PM

Commies control all TV media
" all social media
" all newspapers
If they don't like what you say you're gone. They're really doubling down just before the election. It's still a free country though!
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
I freely admit that I brought it on by posting Rittenhouse memes knowing FB objections. However my contention is that certain platforms have crossed into the area of monopolizing the public common.

You're right and Congress is looking at breaking up some of these tech companies because of it.

Anti Trust Link
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 06:32 PM

Not all heros wear capes grin
Posted By: Starcraft_Dart

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 06:32 PM

There are some really good Trapping, Hunting and Fishing forums on Facebook.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 06:33 PM

They don't need broken up, they need to be able to be sued.

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson

Sued for what?
Posted By: corky

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 06:35 PM

This
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 06:40 PM

Why support these anti America communists ?
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 06:50 PM

This is akin to the BLM/NFL deal , most don't agree with their behavior, but will not give something up. A national boycott for a day by all conservatives of Twitter and Facebook would open some eyes but most wouldn't want to be deprived. Sad but true.
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 06:52 PM

The issue is that under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, content platforms are protected from liability for content written by a 3rd party. I.e you can't sue them (or at least your suit won't go anywhere). The intent of the provision was good, for example it would protect Paul from being sued for something a member wrote on T-man. However platforms like FB, YouTube and Twitter have taken great advantage of that protection to control content, while still technically protected because they're not creating the content.
There is growing momentum in the government to change Sec 230 and make platforms who censor content accountable. Even Biden and Pelosi have voiced support for it. Hopefully something will happen soon.
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River

Sued for what?

Sued for censorship. Simple enough.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by waggler
I never use my Facebook, I've had it for years, never will use it.
I tried deleting my account once but was unsuccessful.
What do I need to post on there in order to get kicked off for life?

Post something pro police. That's how/ why my buddy was banned from FB. Nobody reported to fb either. Fb just completely deleted him. He made another account for 2 reasons 1) To get all of his photos and 2) keep posting pro USA stuff

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by KenaiKid

Sued for what?

LOL that's not how it works.
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 08:10 PM

David
You are my hero. I quit FarceBook 4 years ago prior to the 2016 election

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
Why support these anti America communists?

Its not supporting as FB users do not pay for the service. It's as if a private entity built and created public parks. Good thing so far. In those parks they install soapboxes for anyone to climb up and speak.
Now fast forward and almost all other public parks are neglected, overgrown and more or less abandoned because the private entity bought out the other parks or otherwise caused their decline to the point that they control the public park market. Part of their success is due to the soapbox for public parks maker is part of the plan as well. Further the elected county parks board is all for it as that means they don't have to maintain county parks.

Now the private entity is controlling just who can use the soapbox but also who can use the so called public park while an election for the county park board is taking place.

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 08:31 PM

It's as if Walmart after moving in and shutting down mom and pop small business starts segregating just who can buy groceries.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 08:34 PM

It seems to me that use of social media has risen to the point they have about swerved into the realm of becoming public utilities, which are regulated out the wazoo. I can't imagine the stink if Ma Bell was caught listening to your phone conversations and cut you off they the didn't like what you were saying. Verizon either.

Don't know how it will be done, but I suspect social media's ability to censure what they don't like to hear is about to be taken from them.

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by KenaiKid

LOL that's not how it works.

No, its not but the question remains at what point have they monopolized the commons?
Its a tough question for me as I am quite libertarian when it comes to free markets however as a free press classic liberal I see a very real danger in the oligarchy that passes as a free press and social media today.
Posted By: DWC

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 08:50 PM

I guess i dont really agree with being able to sue or in any way punish FB or Twitter for “censorship”.. They are private entities that created empires and now are billionaires because of it. Good on them. They saw just how many people are sheep-most turns out. I havent had FB in almost 2 years and never had twitter. I still dont know what # is, looks like the symbol for a pound to me. The majority of People, at least Americans, are on one or both daily. Its no secret to conservatives that these are liberal ran, yet conservatives are just as addicted. Then they whine and complain when the stories that would hurt their opponent get taken down or theyre penalized for posting conservative content. Now if they receive one penny of free government money, i say fine them and shut them down, this im u aware of.
Posted By: shanemoss

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 09:21 PM

I was thinking of that the other day. They even suspended comments on most news sites. Everywhere I hear Biden is in the lead. How do I know? They just keep saying he’s in the lead and then say he won and the people have no choice. How do we know if they have no issue with flat out lying?
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 09:34 PM

Tyranny and oppression are fine as long as its a private company doing it...

A handful of tech companies have monopolized a huge amount of the internet and they work in cooperation to censor those with views they disapprove of. They need to be better regulated or broken up, I do not think breaking them up will be helpful, it will just cause further divides as people self segregate into political camps even further.

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Tyranny and oppression are fine as long as its a private company doing it...

A handful of tech companies have monopolized a huge amount of the internet and they work in cooperation to censor those with views they disapprove of. They need to be better regulated or broken up, I do not think breaking them up will be helpful, it will just cause further divides as people self segregate into political camps even further.

LOL how is FB a tyrant? No one is forcing anyone to use Facebook. My goodness this is starting to sound like a bunch of teenage girls.

As far monopoly sure but it would only mean that FB would have to devest from Instagram and any other social platforms.

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 10:11 PM

LOL how is FB a tyrant? No one is forcing anyone to use Facebook. My goodness this is starting to sound like a bunch of teenage girls.

As far monopoly sure but it would only mean that FB would have to devest from Instagram and any other social platforms.

The first paragraph was written with ill intentions and mockery, rewrite if you want a reply.

Devesting would be pointless if the companies are still headed by ideologs who work in cooperation to control the flow of information.

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 10:20 PM

The crux of the exemption they hold from suit is that they are not publishers of the content found on their sites. Yet at what point in moderating the content they allow to remain visible does it become editorial?
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Starcraft_Dart

Unfortunately Facebook is the sworn enemy of all the above activities,
and Zuckerburg is just using them as internet livestock and useful idiots
who willingly contribute private personal data that will eventually be used
against them as a demographic.

Someday down the road these tech companies will make all consumptive
users disappear kind of like the Nazis got rid of undesirables.

Different Era, same methodology.

walleyed

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 10:32 PM

The crux of the exemption they hold from suit is that they are not publishers of the content found on their sites. Yet at what point in moderating the content they allow to remain visible does it become editorial?

As you said before, it's the same rules as this site.

Can it be annoying? Sure. But ultimately it's the site's owner that gets to control it.

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

The first paragraph was written with ill intentions and mockery, rewrite if you want a reply.

Devesting would be pointless if the companies are still headed by ideologs who work in cooperation to control the flow of information.

The reason why FB is being looked at by the anti-Trust folks is because FB also owns insta and snap chat which means they control a significant majority of social media platforms.
Posted By: James

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 10:48 PM

Libertarian means means you'll let the strong steamroll the weak.

Now you complain as one of the steam-rolled. lol

No one makes you post on FB. I don't.

Jim

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 10:56 PM

I did mention my own internal philosophical conflict.

But I believe even the most myopic observer can see the issues with mass media controlling a narrative.

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 11:00 PM

KK, wouldn't a violation of Sec. 2 of the Sherman Act (prohibition on monopolies) provide a better basis for a lawsuit than "censorship"? Assuming the Communications Act you reference has been repealed?

By "censorship," are you referring to statutory rights or violation of First Amendment rights?

I'm not familiar with the Communications Act.

Jim

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 11:07 PM

I happen to agree with much of what you say, Warrior. I was mainly making fun of libertarian philosophy.

I used to be a libertarian. Or thought I was. Voted that way for years, election after election, commencing from Jimmy Carter.

Then I came in contact with some of the results of libertarian philosophy. This is one.

Jim

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 11:27 PM

I've never considered myself a libertarian as I consider it to be anarchist in nature and as much as I don't like rules I know we must have them in order to function. Hence, I'm a conservative.
I just recognize that my ideas on the free market are basically libertarian.

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/18/20 11:57 PM

Just hop on Twitter or even better.... Reddit. Leave Zuck alone
Posted By: Starcraft_Dart

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/19/20 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by walleyed
Originally Posted by Starcraft_Dart

Unfortunately Facebook is the sworn enemy of all the above activities,
and Zuckerburg is just using them as internet livestock and useful idiots
who willingly contribute private personal data that will eventually be used
against them as a demographic.

Someday down the road these tech companies will make all consumptive
users disappear kind of like the Nazis got rid of undesirables.

Different Era, same methodology.

walleyed

I am sure they are going to round up all the facebook users up and send them to FEMA camps and inject them with the Rona......lol

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/19/20 12:08 AM

Here's an example of big tech altering the narrative.

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/19/20 12:14 AM

Just hop on Twitter or even better.... Reddit. Leave Zuck alone

If you want the wild west of the interwebs 4chan /pol is where its at. Twitter and Reddit and for lefties.

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/19/20 12:18 AM

Twitter has gone so far as banning the White House Press Office as fake news.

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/19/20 12:19 AM

Reddit did a mass purge of Trump supporters at the beginning of campaign season.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/19/20 12:26 AM

Good post , warrior. Never knew the real meaning of '86ing' something. History is cool.

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/19/20 12:26 AM

Reddit did a mass purge of Trump supporters at the beginning of campaign season.

Really? Got a reference?

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/19/20 12:33 AM

https://www.axios.com/reddit-bans-t...bc8a185-0f81-402a-8629-08bec50be4f9.html
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/19/20 03:26 AM

I don't care who you are, the meme, "Kenosha mile challenge" is some funny stuff!!!
Posted By: Posco

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/19/20 03:51 AM

I insult leftists every chance I get, tell them I'm waiting for them to try and take my guns and question their patriotism. Nothing works, I seem to be unbannable.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/19/20 04:04 AM

Well if you ever want a job as Supreme court justice. They are going to stumble over this FB ban and grill you
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/19/20 04:09 AM

I have not been on Farce Book since 2016, but my friends talk about how FB allows any and all posts slamming Trump and Republicans but forbid any negative posts against the left wing dems.

Im considering the new social media site called “parler”. I have no plans to share my daily existence with the world like people do on FB though but l would like to contact a couple of old friends that l lost contact with.

I know FB has hammered people on 2A posts but parler is now being talked about by people on podcasts like Bongino.

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/19/20 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
Well if you ever want a job as Supreme court justice. They are going to stumble over this FB ban and grill you

No chance of that happening. LOL
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/19/20 07:47 PM

I realize people don't pay ( Many would though )

Using the service supports them

They would not exist without subscribers

I don't use public or private parks either

Life is not better because of a z book
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/20/20 01:33 AM

I was banned just now for a comment made Nov. 20 last year! Anti-muslim.

Re: Picked up a new FB ban while already on one! - 10/20/20 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
I was banned just now for a comment made Nov. 20 last year! Anti-muslim.

The fact they are willing to dig that far says something.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums