Home

Three shots

Posted By: MJM

Three shots - 10/18/20 07:21 PM

And got a pair. The 15 year old dog can count I think. He was looking at me like what's up with the miss. I walked from the house. and was chasing a flock of snows and wasn't going to get up on them. So when the Canada's gave me the chance I shot. Saw a 4x4 buck too. Not supper wide, but tall and decant mass. He got up about 5 yards from me. About 5 minutes after I shot and about 50 yards from where I was when I shot. I would guess he won't bed there again.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Three shots - 10/18/20 07:25 PM

Some nice fatties!
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Three shots - 10/18/20 09:23 PM

Looks like a good day to me!

Re: Three shots - 10/18/20 09:49 PM

The old dog knows it is hunting season and wants to go. Since I just had to put on a coat and load the shotgun I figured it was a good time to take him for a walk. He is napping now. He got to run the one down, so he thought he was doing something. He will want to go again tomorrow.
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Three shots - 10/18/20 09:59 PM

Save me the wings.

Re: Three shots - 10/18/20 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Marty B
Save me the wings.

For soup? I wish I would have know, you wanted them I would have tried to keep them blood free. I take it fly tying or arrow fletching. Do you want other geese wings? Other feathers? Let me know.
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Three shots - 10/19/20 03:19 AM

Yeah, arrow fletches.

I'll use whatever you can shoot in the goose and turkey department.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Three shots - 10/19/20 04:07 AM

Good Deal!!
Posted By: swift4me

Re: Three shots - 10/19/20 05:14 AM

Those look like the jumbo variety.

Pete
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Three shots - 10/19/20 09:43 AM

real nice ,I have not shot yet this year ,

Re: Three shots - 10/19/20 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by swift4me
Those look like the jumbo variety.

Pete

They were the big geese. They are on the bottom of the list as far as eating geese go to me. The smaller geese are much better eating I think. These were both over a year old to help with size. I did not weigh them, but I didn't feel like carrying them back to the house, so I stashed them and went back with the PU. I would say it was a goose and gander without checking.
Marty, I will save some up for you.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Three shots - 10/19/20 03:13 PM

No half bad for an old geezer (and no! I wasn't picking on the dog) grin
© 2024 Trapperman Forums