Home

.410 shells anywhere?

Posted By: wvboy10

.410 shells anywhere? - 10/19/20 01:52 PM

Took my 9 year old out chasin tree rats the other day with my old .410/22 over under. Had a great time and he went thru several rounds. With only half a box of shells left i figured i should order up another box or two. Wow! Do they not make .410 hunting loads anymore? Hard to believe folks have bought them all up?
Posted By: Jonnytrapper

Re: .410 shells anywhere? - 10/19/20 02:00 PM

I called half the state of Maine and nobody had any. I have a couple boxes left but I'll be sure to pick up some more next time they are available.
Posted By: 160user

Re: .410 shells anywhere? - 10/19/20 02:03 PM

Yes, I am down to probably a case or case and a half left. Hard to find and expensive when you do.
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: .410 shells anywhere? - 10/19/20 02:06 PM

Not seen 2 1/2" hunting loads in awhile.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: .410 shells anywhere? - 10/19/20 02:08 PM

massive ammunition shortage with everyone buying every box they can get ahold of

good thing you only want 410 and not 9mm.

no kidding at the gun show a few weeks ago 20 rounds of bulk fmj 9mm in a sandwich baggie for 18 dollars

I was chatting with a retired cop friend , told him the new dime bag was 10 rounds 9mm in a baggie for 10 bucks

it started with anything you could consider self defense and now it is just about everything that is sparse or gone from the shelves

go figure when American cities start burning and the police tell people your on your own no one has enough ammunition or guns both selling faster than ever before. setting new records for most guns sold every month.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: .410 shells anywhere? - 10/19/20 02:09 PM

The high price and limited loads and availability is why I have never bought one. Everything is scarce now so ammo companies will be concentrating capacity to the high demand items.

Always buy it when its available and cheap and stack it deep. Prices always rise so you will save money in the long run. Plus your never short, if things get tight you can sell it for a hansom profit to those that didn't prepare.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: .410 shells anywhere? - 10/19/20 02:23 PM

They had stacks of .410 & .223, and even some 9mm FMJ at Scheels Saturday in Iowa City about $1-2 a box more than a year ago. Won't help you guys on the right coast much. I didn't buy any, maybe I should have but I'm hoping this will pass eventually like the .22's did. Shelves will start filling soon as Trump wins in November.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: .410 shells anywhere? - 10/19/20 02:33 PM

Hard to understand what is going on. Ammo shortages everywhere except Chicago.......which remains an active shooting gallery. You would think they would eventually run out too.
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: .410 shells anywhere? - 10/19/20 02:36 PM

Mack’s prairie wings farm supply has a lot. They ship
Posted By: KB64

Re: .410 shells anywhere? - 10/19/20 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
They had stacks of .410 & .223, and even some 9mm FMJ at Scheels Saturday in Iowa City about $1-2 a box more than a year ago. Won't help you guys on the right coast much. I didn't buy any, maybe I should have but I'm hoping this will pass eventually like the .22's did. Shelves will start filling soon as Trump wins in November.

Found 6.5 Grendel brass for $35/50 at Scheel's, which is almost unheard of right now. Wish we had a store close by so I didn't have to order online.
Posted By: adam m

Re: .410 shells anywhere? - 10/19/20 02:47 PM

I've been seeing .410 at most stores here including Walmart
Posted By: adam m

Re: .410 shells anywhere? - 10/19/20 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by KB64
Originally Posted by ~ADC~

Found 6.5 Grendel brass for $35/50 at Scheel's, which is almost unheard of right now. Wish we had a store close by so I didn't have to order online.

Shelves are loaded with grendel here

Re: .410 shells anywhere? - 10/19/20 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by HayDay
Hard to understand what is going on. Ammo shortages everywhere except Chicago.......which remains an active shooting gallery. You would think they would eventually run out too.

i checked the numbers today to see if the ammo shortage had started impacting them yet.

it apparently had not 50 shot in the last 14 days

I wonder how much ammo they have on hand ?

Re: .410 shells anywhere? - 10/19/20 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by adam m

in rural WI most of the shot shells have a few in stock

buck shot , slugs and #4 #5 lead are a little harder to find
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: .410 shells anywhere? - 10/19/20 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

in rural WI most of the shot shells have a few in stock

buck shot , slugs and #4 #5 lead are a little harder to find

Same here in Co where I am working. I can find 8 and 9 but nothing bigger.
Posted By: iaduckhntr

Re: .410 shells anywhere? - 10/19/20 04:09 PM

Blame Tauris and their judge for .410 shortages !
Dennis
Posted By: Killbuck

Re: .410 shells anywhere? - 10/19/20 04:22 PM

Federal has 2 1/2 & 3'' game loads available on their website.
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: .410 shells anywhere? - 10/19/20 08:48 PM

Same here, walmart has had some with an option or 2 under $10 a box
Posted By: KB64

Re: .410 shells anywhere? - 10/19/20 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by KB64

Shelves are loaded with grendel here

Online all I can find is Wolf Steel Case for around $1/rd. There is none on the shelves in SW Alabama.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums