Home

Biden Gun Tax proposal

Posted By: adam m

Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 02:04 PM

This is nuts he's proposing these taxes on top of all the other crazy gun laws he wants to do.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 02:05 PM

Pry them from my cold hands!
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 02:50 PM

How they going to prove you own guns or clips? lol
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 02:54 PM

NY about 5% cmpliance

CALI , about 5% compliance

ILL 85% of counties went sanctuary status

Mass non compliance with unconstitutional orders and acts
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 02:56 PM

Unjust taxation memes!
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

They are going to tax clips they only hold 8 rounds. They want to tax magazines that have standard capacity instead of reduced 10 round capacity.

How they will do it is adding them to the NFA registry m.aking them just like silencers, machine guns, spring, abs and, Aow. The $200 is the cost of the tax stamp. Its currently a year wait to get your stamp back. This would create a 10 year back log.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 03:16 PM

One reason this country was founded. Taxation without representation !!!! That bunch gets in they won't represent anything we love !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 03:28 PM

Where and who is this from from? No way Biden releases this before the election. Do I doubt it no, this items legitimacy yes.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 03:31 PM

If it weren't for losing all mine in a boating accident I would have had to sell my house just to pay my gun taxes.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 03:35 PM

" The NFA was originally enacted in 1934. Similar to the current NFA, the original Act imposed a tax on the making and transfer of firearms defined by the Act, as well as a special (occupational) tax on persons and entities engaged in the business of importing, manufacturing, and dealing in NFA firearms. The law also required the registration of all NFA firearms with the Secretary of the Treasury. Firearms subject to the 1934 Act included shotguns and rifles having barrels less than 18 inches in length, certain firearms described as “any other weapons,” machine guns, and firearm mufflers and silencers.

While the NFA was enacted by Congress as an exercise of its authority to tax, the NFA had an underlying purpose unrelated to revenue collection. As the legislative history of the law discloses, its underlying purpose was to curtail, if not prohibit, transactions in NFA firearms. Congress found these firearms to pose a significant crime problem because of their frequent use in crime, particularly the gangland crimes of that era such as the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre. The $200 making and transfer taxes on most NFA firearms were considered quite severe and adequate to carry out Congress’ purpose to discourage or eliminate transactions in these firearms. The $200 tax has not changed since 1934.

As structured in 1934, the NFA imposed a duty on persons transferring NFA firearms, as well as mere possessors of unregistered firearms, to register them with the Secretary of the Treasury. If the possessor of an unregistered firearm applied to register the firearm as required by the NFA, the Treasury Department could supply information to State authorities about the registrant’s possession of the firearm. State authorities could then use the information to prosecute the person whose possession violated State laws. For these reasons, the Supreme Court in 1968 held in the Haynes case that a person prosecuted for possessing an unregistered NFA firearm had a valid defense to the prosecution — the registration requirement imposed on the possessor of an unregistered firearm violated the possessor’s privilege from self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. The Haynes decision made the 1934 Act virtually unenforceable.
Title II of the Gun Control Act (GCA) of 1968

Title II amended the NFA to cure the constitutional flaw pointed out in Haynes. First, the requirement for possessors of unregistered firearms to register was removed. Indeed, under the amended law, there is no mechanism for a possessor to register an unregistered NFA firearm already possessed by the person. Second, a provision was added to the law prohibiting the use of any information from an NFA application or registration as evidence against the person in a criminal proceeding with respect to a violation of law occurring prior to or concurrently with the filing of the application or registration. In 1971, the Supreme Court reexamined the NFA in the Freed case and found that the 1968 amendments cured the constitutional defect in the original NFA.

Title II also amended the NFA definitions of “firearm” by adding “destructive devices” and expanding the definition of “machine gun.”

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bear Tracker
Where and who is this from from? No way Biden releases this before the election. Do I doubt it no, this items legitimacy yes.
numerous articles and sources are saying this. Here's a couple
https://www.lawofficer.com/bidens-g...n-in-taxes-on-firearms-they-already-own/

https://www.nraila.org/articles/202...ur-second-amendment-rights-into-oblivion
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 03:57 PM

I don't believe those figures because Biden/Harris will move to ban semi-automatics and high capacity magazines. That's their silent agenda among other things.

If Biden wins the presidency, after he's sworn in, the left will say, "OK Joe, we'll take it from here."

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
I don't believe those figures because Biden/Harris will move to ban semi-automatics and high capacity magazines. That's their silent agenda among other things.

If Biden wins the presidency, after he's sworn in, the left will say, "OK Joe, we'll take it from here."

You're right on the pushing Biden to the wayside.
The gun options will be both. Per his website he will implement gun buy back or register under NFA.

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/
"Regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act. Currently, the National Firearms Act requires individuals possessing machine-guns, silencers, and short-barreled rifles to undergo a background check and register those weapons with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Due to these requirements, such weapons are rarely used in crimes. As president, Biden will pursue legislation to regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act. Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act."
Posted By: danvee

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 04:35 PM

Where is the bill your referring to this stuff goes on every time there is an election. Did Clinton get your guns, did Obama get your guns?
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 04:38 PM

They cant if you never use them ,Not gonna work for me
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by danvee
Where is the bill your referring to this stuff goes on every time there is an election. Did Clinton get your guns, did Obama get your guns?

Dont be a fool ,They said and more than once they are coming for our guns
Posted By: warrior

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 04:42 PM

Because the right has successfully blocked what the left is on record saying they want to do we aren't to give credit to what they say they will do if given the chance?

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 04:44 PM

BTW, Clinton did enact the assault weapon ban. Only the right's sunset provision is why it never became permanent.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 04:47 PM

Danvee, would defend the rapist dead at his feet that was shot by the police while arguing that the cop used excessive force.
Who cares that the rapist was shot with his drawers down.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 04:47 PM

It's by far the first time a candidate has a list for gun safety like Biden dose on his web sight. Ir one would not side step questions about gun control but openly supporting restrictions.

When have you seen a kid (mimor)obviously being chased and attacked by adult convicted felons with plenty of video evidence defend himself and be put on trial for murder. But the felons dont get charged with assault.

The world has changed dont blow it off.
Posted By: mimusp

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 04:52 PM

In Ohio, if you have a concealed carry permit, your name is, naturally, on a list.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by mimusp

In Ohio, if you have a concealed carry permit, your name is, naturally, on a list.

Same with NM and other states. Name plus finger prints.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by adam m
Originally Posted by mimusp

Same with NM and other states. Name plus finger prints.

Do you have to own a gun to get the permit?

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Snowpa

Dont be a fool ,They said and more than once they are coming for our guns

Both Biden and Harris have said it openly its on their website too. From what's circulating Beto will be in the admin too.
Thankfully and surprisingly obama didn't take EO. Clinton had a 10 yr ban.

laugh warrior.

It's amazing that many anti gun people are now 1st time gun owners because of the unrest that has occurred during this "pandemic".

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 05:09 PM

The nuts that continue to show up at the capitols, and pretend they are protecting properties during a protest or even yeah the riots will cost us our guns. Maybe the lefties should see their cities burned and something would be done by their mayor or governor.
Posted By: Starcraft_Dart

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 05:10 PM

The first assault rifle ban was enacted by Bush senior (R).

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 05:10 PM

Hobbies, no but that's like saying you have a DL but never intend to get a vehicle

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 05:14 PM

Hobbies, no but that's like saying you have a DL but never intend to get a vehicle

Actually I have a DL just in case I need to get behind the wheel. Same could be said for the permit.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 05:19 PM

Just curious. How do you guy's conceal carry your AR's?

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 05:19 PM

The gun rights and abortion issues are always used to get votes, both have been to the supreme court and will go back and forth as long as their are politicians. When voters get upset enough to change something it will happen and it will not matter what PARTY is in. Bottom line they want to keep their seats. Keep pushing the buttons shoving the guns in peoples faces it will change and not for the better. They need to do something about the mass shooting killers weed them out. Every time their is a riot with people running to the next town to show off their gun collection it upsets more voters. I have nothing wrong with packing concealed and never bothered to get a permit but the wackos that are shoving it in peoples faces is going to cost us.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 05:25 PM

The Feds have a pretty good idea of who has what through backround checks.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
The Feds have a pretty good idea of who has what through backround checks.

Except for those that have never bought one.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 05:34 PM

Actually I have a DL just in case I need to get behind the wheel. Same could be said for the permit.

Here in N.Y.,,any pistols you own are listed on your carry permit.If they aren't listed on your permit,,they are not legal.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 05:50 PM

Nice.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Starcraft_Dart

Bush senior was not president in 1994. Clinton signed it.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 06:03 PM

No, but he sure gave it his best shot. He lost the house and senate in his second term. If the democrats would have controlled them, he would have been more successful. His position on gun control was no secret.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 06:17 PM

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 06:40 PM

Yeah and we are going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it. They the politicians will say what ever they need to for a vote. What they get done is another story.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Bush senior was not president in 1994. Clinton signed it.

Bush did one by executive order in 1989. 1989 is before 1994, so he would be first. Bush wins!

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt

Bush did one by executive order in 1989. 1989 is before 1994, so he would be first. Bush wins!

That would be the one that ended import of military style weapons. We lost the Chinese SKS, AK, and the various Norinco copies (1911, 870, M37, M1897, Browning Auto 22, JW-15).

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 07:06 PM

Your right thanks for the education. I guess that looks small compared to the hues ammendment so has been over looked and over shadowed.
Likely also conveniently overlooked becuse Republicans like to pretend to be pro gun and the pro gun guys support them blindly and make excuses. Just like Trump baning bump stocks.

I'm always up for more education thanks for the correction.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 07:09 PM

Which, BTW, are still imported into antigun Canada.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 07:37 PM

lol

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 08:44 PM

Yeah and we are going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it. They the politicians will say what ever they need to for a vote. What they get done is another story.

He did build the wall.The media just wont say so.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 08:49 PM

Yep, large sections of it have been built.

Libs ignore the facts.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 08:50 PM

Doesn't matter he can't beat Trump.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by upstateNY

He did build the wall.The media just wont say so.

And Mexico is paying for it and securing their northern and southern borders too

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
Yep, large sections of it have been built.

Libs ignore the facts.

I think 420 miles have been built so far. I think they are building at a rate of 10 miles a week

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 09:23 PM

Yeah but I can’t have a bump stock.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 09:38 PM

Well as long as he is only treating accessories that meet the letter of the law as machine guns he is still 100% pro gun. He is just anti gun accessory. Now that is all cleared up I feel so much better. But the other guy is going to get my guns.

So far I have lost more gun rights under Republican presidents in my life than Democrats
I'm sad to say.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 09:39 PM

[Linked Image]

Liberals on a trapping forum

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 09:42 PM

Well as long as he is only treating accessories that meet the letter of the law as machine guns he is still 100% pro gun. He is just anti gun accessory. Now that is all cleared up I feel so much better. But the other guy is going to get my guns.

So far I have lost more gun rights under Republican presidents in my life than Democrats
I'm sad to say.

This is the truth.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
[Linked Image]

No I'm a Republican with a love of the constitution. I'm also not blind and call out the failures of my party.

Reagan. 1986 hues amendment. Republican
Bush. Ban on adult wepon imports. New one for me today. Republican
Clinton 94 adult weapon ban. Democrat
Trump ban on bump stock.

I don't use common core math but it looks like 3 to 1 with Republicans passing more restrictions
. Dont be like the Democrats and let facts get in the way.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 10:01 PM

If the 4% of us gun owners upset over bump stocks vote libertarian then they’ll get 4.3% of the vote. That’ll show everybody that in 12 more elections we will have a chance at undoing all the unconstitutional things.

I’m excited!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 10:07 PM

If the 4% of us gun owners upset over bump stocks vote libertarian then they’ll get 4.3% of the vote. That’ll show everybody that in 12 more elections we will have a chance at undoing all the unconstitutional things.

I’m excited!!!!

The libertarian party is to confused to get my vote. That don't seem to understand what "securing the blessings of liberty to our Posterity" means.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton

I’m excited!!!!

The libertarian party is to confused to get my vote. That don't seem to understand what "securing the blessings of liberty to our Posterity" means.

They may be the best chance we have at getting our pretend machine guns back. lol
Posted By: James

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 10:11 PM

We didn't lose gun rights under Obama. We regained some. when Obama allowed us to carry firearms in national parks.

Jim
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by James
We didn't lose gun rights under Obama. We regained some. when Obama allowed us to carry firearms in national parks. Jim

what about the Dem's gun plank right NOW?

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 10:21 PM

I’m excited!!!!

I find it amazing that 96% of gun owners dont care about bump stock restrictions. I never owned one or liked the . But just becuse they are not my thing should I not protect others rights?
That 96% dosen't care unless it something they like. History shows they chip away a piece at a time. Next it will be semi autos and standard capacity mags. Then pumps, and those bolt action sniper rifles

Hang together or separate. When it gets down to the guns you use how many will be left to stand on your right and left?

I always thought of myself as a Republican and I voted for Trump and will again with the short sided things I'm reading I'm thinking it may no longer be a party for me. Gun bans are ok if it's my guy taking my rights seems to be the mentality.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 10:22 PM

It sucks, Keith. We'll have to fight them on gun control after they win the election.

Jim
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
[Linked Image]

No I'm a Republican with a love of the constitution. I'm also not blind and call out the failures of my party.

Reagan. 1986 hues amendment. Republican
Bush. Ban on adult wepon imports. New one for me today. Republican
Clinton 94 adult weapon ban. Democrat
Trump ban on bump stock.

I don't use common core math but it looks like 3 to 1 with Republicans passing more restrictions
. Dont be like the Democrats and let facts get in the way.

i agree we have liberals .. and less liberals...i gotta go with the less liberals to keep my guns !!
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 10:24 PM

We didn't lose gun rights under Obama. We regained some. when Obama allowed us to carry firearms in national parks.

Jim

Wasn't that a court decision?

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 10:26 PM

no.

Jim

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 10:26 PM

"Bingo! They're right"
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Pry them from my cold hands!

Exactly
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 10:32 PM

no.

Jim

You sure? Seems like it was a result of heller

https://www.nrpa.org/parks-recreati...ights-tested-in-parks-and-public-spaces/

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 10:34 PM

OUCH!

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 10:39 PM

Biden is on videotape saying he'll ban/come for "assault rifles"...whatever THAT means.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by white marlin
Biden is on videotape saying he'll ban/come for "assault rifles"...whatever THAT means.

Unfortunately he won't he will send people to do it. You know the "it's the law" and "I'm just doing my job type".

Did Hittler ever do anything Illegal or did he just change the laws?

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 10:49 PM

more making the point that Biden will ban guns.

and James will still vote for him.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 10:57 PM

more making the point that Biden will ban guns.

and James will still vote for him.

I agree on Biden and hope your wrong about James yet that his choice.. Actions do have consequences though.

Myself although I find a lot of faults in Trump and hate what he did ( bump stocks) and what he didn't do( push the Hearing protection act) I will be enthusiastically voting for him becuse I do like a lot of the things he has done and Feel he is not only the best choice but the only choice if I want the country I love to have a chance of survival and outside of going into full socialism.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 11:05 PM

I’m excited!!!!

I find it amazing that 96% of gun owners dont care about bump stock restrictions. I never owned one or liked the . But just becuse they are not my thing should I not protect others rights?
That 96% dosen't care unless it something they like. History shows they chip away a piece at a time. Next it will be semi autos and standard capacity mags. Then pumps, and those bolt action sniper rifles

Hang together or separate. When it gets down to the guns you use how many will be left to stand on your right and left?

I always thought of myself as a Republican and I voted for Trump and will again with the short sided things I'm reading I'm thinking it may no longer be a party for me. Gun bans are ok if it's my guy taking my rights seems to be the mentality.

Not really. I'm 2A concealed carry tactical nuke by any citizen absolutist.
I'm also a realist that practices realpolitick. Until the day we win it all we must choose our skirmishes carefully.
Little known fact, General Washington won our independence running from more fights than he actually won. In the end he won the ones that mattered and even then he could only do so with the help of others.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 11:08 PM

he can vote for someone who is on record as being excited about banning an entire class of very popular firearms, or he can vote for Freedom.

pretty simple, really.

Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/20/20 11:43 PM

The nuts that continue to show up at the capitols, and pretend they are protecting properties during a protest or even yeah the riots will cost us our guns. Maybe the lefties should see their cities burned and something would be done by their mayor or governor.

The Lefties including yourself have already seen cities burned. Did the Lefties or you do anything to stop it? Some of mayors and governors you could say encouraged it.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 12:01 AM

Why did Trump ban bump stocks, did he just pull that out of thin air.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 12:10 AM

If he did it was because of a frightened public that were demanding their safe feeling back not realizing they Most likely could be killed by a lunatic with a number two pencil before they would be killed by a gun attached to a bump stock.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 12:13 AM

What has Trump done to increase our gun rights even when he had the congress and senate majority. Im still waiting for his new health plan and look on how much money we spent building the wall we have US money not Mexico's money. They all promise lots but deliver not so much. I am still waiting for one to open up be honest, get bills signed that stop full benefits for 2 years of service. Take a drug test including their taxes 5 years prior to running and every year in office. Increase our gun rights and keep on an even keel with spending and taxes.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 12:14 AM

the Nevada mass murderer used one.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 12:15 AM

What has Trump done to increase our gun rights even when he had the congress and senate majority. Im still waiting for his new health plan and look on how much money we spent building the wall we have US money not Mexico's money. They all promise lots but deliver not so much. I am still waiting for one to open up be honest, get bills signed that stop full benefits for 2 years of service. Take a drug test including their taxes 5 years prior to running and every year in office. Increase our gun rights and keep on an even keel with spending and taxes.

let me know when you find that candidate.

better yet...run for office YOURSELF on that very platform.
Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 12:16 AM

One of them mass shooting idiots used a bump stock and the media played heck out of it until the stocks got banned.
I never liked the things and personally find them useless for anything other than burning ammo, but I hate to see anything gun related get the ban as it is just another piece of their final goal of total disarmament. More folks should stand together and demand gun reform, as in do away with all restrictions for free citizens. The only restriction I agree with is that a dangerous felon should not be allowed to own a gun, On the other hand if that felon is a danger to society they should be locked up or put down therefore making them unable to own a gun. IMO

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 12:24 AM

Well if we can wish for stuff mine would be if you don't pay Federal income tax you don't get to vote in Federal elections, unles s your retired.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 12:28 AM

Well if we can wish for stuff mine would be if you don't pay Federal income tax you don't get to vote in Federal elections, unles s your retired.

Now you want to take away somebody's God given right.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 12:31 AM

No pay no play.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 12:37 AM

What has Trump done to increase our gun rights even when he had the congress and senate majority. Im still waiting for his new health plan s.

To answer your question, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy CohenBarret.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 12:38 AM

Yup. God says you can't vote until you're 18, or if you're a felon. That God fella is pretty strict.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 12:40 AM

Go forth and vote, often.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
What has Trump done to increase our gun rights even when he had the congress and senate majority. Im still waiting for his new health plan s.

To answer your question, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy CohenBarret.

WRONG! Mitch McConnell. Any suit with an R would have appointed conservative judges if they had a R senate and the nuke. Bork would be there now if ...........

P.S. IMHO

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 12:45 AM

Voting is a God given right?

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 12:48 AM

You forget that Trump is not a republican, he ran as a republican. That doesn't sit well with the country club we call the Senate republicans. He did get some things done that the country club guys liked such as the tax cut, he had to fight and divert some funding to get the wall he could get built.
You want health care and gun law reform you've got to get the right kind of folks elected to replace the country club or otherwise put the fear of God into them. Here's hoping a Trump landslide with coat tails is going to happen. If that does it'll come closer to getting the rinos in line.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 12:55 AM

While Trump got UE to historic lows and the market to historic highs, shored up the military slapped around the UN, Iran, ISIS and many other things lets focus on bump stocks.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 01:03 AM

the phrase "cutting off your nose, to spite your face" comes to mind...
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 01:04 AM

Orange man bad.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 01:09 AM

Let's not forget Peace in the Middle East and nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize or the over 200 constitutional federal judges and three supremes.

And without even trying exposed the left as what it really is.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 01:10 AM

I'll vote for Trump for the simple reason that he drives the Left NUTS!

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 01:13 AM

Rat Masterson mentioned wishes...

if I had one wish related to Freedom, it would be to repeal federal tax withholding...everybody cuts a quarterly check to .gov to pay for the level of government they voted for...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 01:23 AM

Rat Masterson mentioned wishes...

if I had one wish related to Freedom, it would be to repeal federal tax withholding...everybody cuts a quarterly check to .gov to pay for the level of government they voted for...

Repeal of the 17th Amendment would be mine.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 01:24 AM

I’m excited!!!!

smile

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 01:24 AM

If i had a wish related to freedom it would be to back to a gold standard.

Dirt, don't take my comment as a rabid fan of trump.

Scary part is Biden/Harris will try to pack the courts.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 01:26 AM

Jim

Go vote for Biden with a pulse Troll. JIMMY

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 02:10 AM

Steven, not sure that's possible.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 02:31 AM

Jim

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/bush-oks-guns-in-national-parks-refuges/
The great pharaoh Obama just didn't fight what Jr. started.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
If i had a wish related to freedom it would be to back to a gold standard.

Dirt, don't take my comment as a rabid fan of trump.

Scary part is Biden/Harris will try to pack the courts.

I didn't.

IMO court packing will not occur. If Presidents start court packing it will pretty much make the Supreme court moot. If a Dem packs the court now, a Rep will pack the court when he is in. Basically the court will reflect the view of the current president and there will no longer be three branches of government and the checks and balances will be gone.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 03:42 AM

The Dems will do ANYTHING to achieve their objective, they have proven it over and over. Court packing to them is a blip on the radar.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by nvwrangler
no.

Jim

You sure? Seems like it was a result of heller

https://www.nrpa.org/parks-recreati...ights-tested-in-parks-and-public-spaces/

"Park visitors are able to openly carry legal handguns, rifles, shotguns and other firearms per a federal law approved by Congress and signed by President Barack Obama in February 2010. Concealed weapons are allowed by state statute."

https://www.yellowstonepark.com/park/guns-in-yellowstone

Jim

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 03:50 AM

Obama was the best ever, him and Carter.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 03:53 AM

HEY JIMMY,,you can carry a gun,,but its against the law to pull the trigger on it? Hahahaaaa,,,nice law yer Messiah Obamy passed there.He was the greatest.Hahaha Typical Liberal B.S...Just like they have trouble passing gun laws,,so they try to make ammo hard to get..
Posted By: hippie

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 11:19 AM

Y'all have short, selective memories.
Obama banned lead bullets,,,,Trump reversed it.
Obama wrote a red-flag law to take guns from anyone that has someone else handling their finances....Trump reversed it.

And you can thank your lucky stars Trump was president and not Hillary after the Vegas shooting or bump stocks would be the least of your problems.

Try as you might,its just showing ignorance to try and say a democrat is a good choice to rely on to preserve the second.

Just look at the laws where demorats have had charge and then get back to me.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
Obama wrote a red-flag law to take guns from anyone that has someone else handling their finances....Trump reversed it.

And you can thank your lucky stars Trump was president and not Hillary after the Vegas shooting or bump stocks would be the least of your problems.

Try as you might,its just showing ignorance to try and say a democrat is a good choice to rely on to preserve the second.

Don't confuse discontent over poor reserpentstion and choices Republicans have made made with saying Democrats would be better. Just the same just becuse Republicans talk a better pro rights game dose not negate all the gun control they are responsible for.

Just becuse they appear to be better than the other guy dosen't mean the get a free pass and shouldn't be held accountable or criticized.

At least the Democrats are being honest and open about their push. Probably the only positive thing I can say about that sick party.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

Don't confuse discontent over poor reserpentstion and choices Republicans have made made with saying Democrats would be better. Just the same just becuse Republicans talk a better pro rights game dose not negate all the gun control they are responsible for.

Just becuse they appear to be better than the other guy dosen't mean the get a free pass and shouldn't be held accountable or criticized.

At least the Democrats are being honest and open about their push. Probably the only positive thing I can say about that sick party.

And how about the hundreds of democrat gun control bills that the republicans never let see daylight???

There's no comparison as I've noted.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 08:53 PM

Well they only like their own gun control control bills answers that.

Always giving them a pass. But but just look at what the other guys want see makes my team better. No wonder they keep doing it. They know they will always get a pass.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 08:57 PM

There's only two to choose from no matter how hard ya dream about a third.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 09:04 PM

You guys still arguing over pretend machine guns?

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 09:07 PM

You guys still arguing over pretend machine guns?

Nope Republican passed gun restrictions and people always giving them a pass and not calling them on it.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 09:37 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 10:36 PM

to the nose-cutters-offers-to-spite-their-facers...

name ONE major Democrat-ruled city with even half-decent Second Amendment rights still intact...

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 10:57 PM

name ONE major Democrat-ruled city with even half-decent Second Amendment rights still intact...

Anchorage , Alaska. Glad I could help. Probably better than most of your States.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 11:05 PM

Well they only like their own gun control control bills answers that.

Always giving them a pass. But but just look at what the other guys want see makes my team better. No wonder they keep doing it. They know they will always get a pass.

Well,,go vote for Biden then.That should make you happy.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 11:09 PM

Could it be like Atlanta, GA?

If given free rein guns would be forbidden, except its actually a state issue. Up until recently any knife with a blade over three inches, having a second edge or having locking or assisted opening mechanism was illegal in Atlanta. Other democrat controlled cities had similar local laws until the state stepped in with a state wide proscription saying anything goes as long as the blade is under five inches. With a weapons permit carry whatever you want.

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/21/20 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt

Anchorage , Alaska. Glad I could help. Probably better than most of your States.

290,000 population? well, I GUESS that could qualify...

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/22/20 12:28 PM

You'd have to define more of what your interpretation of "half decent" 2A rights are and I suppose what constitutes a major city. I would qualify Minneapolis/St Paul as major metro cities.

As of now in MN we have pretty good 2A laws or should I say lack of anti 2A regulations. Only one I can think of iswould be better is if we had constitutional carry. As it is we have SHALL issue. Pretty easy to get a permit.

Well two, we have to either have a permit to carry it permit to purchase to buy a handgun and must be 21. Those permits are shall issue as well.

Don't get me wrong the liberals are trying like heck to change it.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Biden Gun Tax proposal - 10/22/20 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
[Linked Image]

True! It is sad so many cannot see past their own nose
© 2024 Trapperman Forums