Home

weather , this fall

Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

weather , this fall - 10/21/20 10:19 AM

well its been bad wet cold , hard to get fire up about coyote trapping ,in these conditions we had 10+ hours of rain last night , an more coming this week , temps in there 30s during the day an 20s at night , frown how is it where you are
Posted By: white marlin

Re: weather , this fall - 10/21/20 10:27 AM

still too dry.
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: weather , this fall - 10/21/20 10:47 AM

29 degrees here, got about 4 inches of snow last night. Next week looks like it will be colder, and water trapping starts this Saturday. Looks like my rat traps will hang another year without being used.
Posted By: Hutchy

Re: weather , this fall - 10/21/20 10:52 AM

Rain, rain, rain, rain.

Oh and some rain
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: weather , this fall - 10/21/20 11:00 AM

I was pondering getting going on a few fields that will be full of cattle soon. They're talking rain on and off this week. Then down below 10 degrees by the start of the next week. If it rains like they're predicting will make some nice concrete. It's making it really hard to get motivated. Freeze thaw will be a mess and I'm not going to tear up a truck just to do it.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: weather , this fall - 10/21/20 11:17 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: weather , this fall - 10/21/20 11:30 AM

Send it this way we are bone dry. I’ll take any form of moisture you send no complaints I promise.

Was on a ranch in NM for a few days. The owner has had 7” of moisture in the last 12 months. You better send it there first they are in bad shape.
Posted By: Yotegiter

Re: weather , this fall - 10/21/20 11:40 AM

80s and dry. What’s that white stuff in them pics? Lol
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: weather , this fall - 10/21/20 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren
well its been bad wet cold , hard to get fire up about coyote trapping ,in these conditions we had 10+ hours of rain last night , an more coming this week , temps in there 30s during the day an 20s at night , frown how is it where you are

Same down here in Ohio Roy,huge rains there I am.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: weather , this fall - 10/21/20 12:37 PM

[Linked Image]
Nasty cold ...would rather the rain
Posted By: The Beav

Re: weather , this fall - 10/21/20 12:41 PM

My buddy Is out In ND duck hunting and he said most of all the small sloughs are froze up. And It was snowing yesterday. So much for rat trapping this fall.
Posted By: Bob

Re: weather , this fall - 10/21/20 04:00 PM

It’s 48 degrees right now, high of 69 today and a low of 26. Next ten days looks like the highs are gonna cool of into the 40s and 50s, lows in the teens.

You could measure the rain we’ve had in the last 180 days with a teaspoon, and there’s no sign that’s gonna change anytime soon.

It’s time to get some coyote sets out I think
Posted By: bblwi

Re: weather , this fall - 10/21/20 04:28 PM

Mid to late November in mid to late October in northern WI. A lot of $2.50 muskrats are cheering in their huts now. If you get a lot of snow on thin ice there won't be any through the ice trapping either.

Bryce
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: weather , this fall - 10/21/20 04:40 PM

Monday I pulled my boat out of the lake channel. I had to break an inch of ice. The landing was froze in. I busted one of my tail lights from the ice on my trailer.
Yesterday we got around 7" of snow. It's gonna be a long winter........... eek
Posted By: Boco

Re: weather , this fall - 10/21/20 05:42 PM

If you want to trap early,that snowy weather will really get the fur moving-I'd have all my sets out now if you want to rack up the early fur.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: weather , this fall - 10/22/20 12:30 AM

Great conditions here for trapping, it just not Twapping Season..
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: weather , this fall - 10/22/20 01:33 AM

The weather sucks!

Chris
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: weather , this fall - 10/22/20 01:34 AM

Needs to warm up just a tick.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: weather , this fall - 10/22/20 09:22 AM

just watch weather , going to rain for the next two day , with temps in the 30 , most of my trapping is in clay !!! frown
Posted By: Co�s

Re: weather , this fall - 10/22/20 09:32 AM

Long term forecasts I’ve seen are calling for winter-like polar vortex situation for the upper Great Lakes starting early November similar to last year.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: weather , this fall - 10/22/20 09:38 AM

Biggest drought this year ever. Every farm pond bone dry. Now it's been raining on and off for three days. Land season opens Sunday. Figure I'll be trapping in mud that'll freeze then thaw then rain or snow. Changing conditions are the norm here till lake effect snows bury us, but I'm still itching to set some steel
© 2024 Trapperman Forums