Home

Non-stop.......

Posted By: J.Morse

Non-stop....... - 10/21/20 03:47 PM

........have you ever followed your Bride around a store as she shops. It is the most mind numbing, and boring, activity an outdoorsman can engage in. If you've done that, you may well know how boring it must have been for a Bar Tailed Godwit that just set a bird migration record. It seems this medium small shorebird was outfitted with leg bands and a GPS tracker so the biologists could track it as it flew off from it's Alaskan breeding grounds in September.......and flew NON STOP to New Zealand. It took the bird 11 stinking days! Eleven days of never-ending wing flaps as it tooled along over the open Pacific Ocean. Another GPS'ed one flew it in "only" 9 days, but this latest one took 11 because it was, apparently, blown off course a bit. Holy crap. My arms are tired just thinking about it.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Non-stop....... - 10/21/20 03:53 PM

My wife says she needs to go into the store to grab one thing it will only take her five minutes. I sit in the truck while her five minutes takes a half hour. Once day she says it will only take her five minutes so I tell her I'm going to time her and see how long it takes so she is really hurrying. She comes back thinking she might have made it in and out in just five minutes. She couldn't believe it was actually 17 minutes on the stopwatch. Maybe now she understands a little better but I have learned to be patient and let her do her thing.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Non-stop....... - 10/21/20 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.
My wife says she needs to go into the store to grab one thing it will only take her five minutes. I sit in the truck while her five minutes takes a half hour. Once day she says it will only take her five minutes so I tell her I'm going to time her and see how long it takes so she is really hurrying. She comes back thinking she might have made it in and out in just five minutes. She couldn't believe it was actually 17 minutes on the stopwatch. Maybe now she understands a little better but I have learned to be patient and let her do her thing.

Faith builds patience.
So does being married.

grin
Posted By: Redknot

Re: Non-stop....... - 10/21/20 04:28 PM

Yup Morse, that is another of the long fliers..
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Non-stop....... - 10/21/20 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by J.Morse
........have you ever followed your Bride around a store as she shops. It is the most mind numbing, and boring, activity an outdoorsman can engage in.

You got that right!
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Non-stop....... - 10/21/20 05:44 PM

Show me a man that likes to shop till ya drop, and I'll show you a fairy!
Posted By: Boco

Re: Non-stop....... - 10/21/20 05:46 PM

Dont you guys have better,more manly things to do than go shopping with the women,lol.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Non-stop....... - 10/21/20 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.

My wife says the same thing. She just wants to pick up one certain item, like milk as an example. Except when I go into the store with her she goes up and down every aisle instead of to the dairy section. I found the way to stop that is when she starts doing that, I say, "I'll be in sporting goods."
Posted By: Killbuck

Re: Non-stop....... - 10/21/20 07:51 PM

My wife and I are the standing joke among are friends. We never travel together. We lived for years 80 miles from are farm where we now reside and we made weekly trips there. Cannot remember one time I waited for her to get work to go together. Worked though, been married 32 years.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Non-stop....... - 10/21/20 08:02 PM

When we were younger I would get stuck in a department store when she shopped some times. I had a rule if they didn't have chairs at the dressing room she wasn't shopping there.

Now that's over but she can't stay in the checkout . Every single time she has to run back and get one thing she forgot. I'm always worried I will end up holding up the line waiting on her.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums