Home

Anyone else have grouchy days?

Posted By: Providence Farm

Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/21/20 08:36 PM

I seem to be in a combative irritated completely hostile mental state today and I can't seem to shake it. It's an odd feeling for me and I don't like it. There is no determinable reason either. ( light bulb just came on) Well unless it's my October funk just running a bit behind. (16 month old son was killed Oct 7 several years back) Well hot dog thats probably it.

Anyone else have days like that.
Posted By: Bob

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/21/20 08:40 PM

I have that a lot, but I suffer from anxiety, that’s what does it for me. I’m sorry about your boy, I can’t imagine that pain. There aren’t any words that can make that better. I hope you get feeling better soon
Posted By: Ole

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/21/20 08:44 PM

Some people are affected by the shortening of days, but, Providence, few of us have your pain to deal with. Your strength is in sharing. Thank you.
Posted By: Ole

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/21/20 08:45 PM

Some people are affected by the shortening of days, but, Providence, few of us have your pain to deal with. Your strength is in sharing. Thank you.
Posted By: 30/06

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/21/20 08:48 PM

I'm having one right now, as a matter of fact. We lost a young son too, and it weighs more heavily on us around that time of year. Peace to you and your family.
Posted By: run

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/21/20 08:48 PM

I take SAMe. It helps boost your mood. You should try it.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/21/20 08:53 PM

Never.I'm always a Ray of Sunshine.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/21/20 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Never.I'm always a Ray of Sunshine.

Your a Ray of something for sure
Just don't think it's sunshine
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/21/20 08:58 PM

I am a a-hole most days i guess I always figured it was from all the swelling I had on my brain when I had a bad wreck at 17. People say I never was the same again. But I can't even imagine what I would be like if I was to lose my child. You are for sure a better man then me
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/21/20 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
I seem to be in a combative irritated completely hostile mental state today and I can't seem to shake it. It's an odd feeling for me and I don't like it. There is no determinable reason either. ( light bulb just came on) Well unless it's my October funk just running a bit behind. (16 month old son was killed Oct 7 several years back) Well hot dog thats probably it.

Harness it, set it aside and label it so you can recall it when you can make use of it.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/21/20 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Matt28
I am a a-hole most days i guess I always figured it was from all the swelling I had on my brain when I had a bad wreck at 17. People say I never was the same again. But I can't even imagine what I would be like if I was to lose my child. You are for sure a better man then me

O I had head injuries to from the same wreck my son was killed in head trauma is no joke.19 year old ran a red light at 65mps in a 3/4 ton and t boned us mainly hitting my sons door.. I had a Spinal fluid leak out of my ear fractured skull, concussion of course. ,Was on a walker 5 months.

Swelling in his skull is what killed my son ultimately. It ruptured/ blew out his spinal column from the pressure. I'm glad your was not as bad and your ok mostly.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/21/20 09:27 PM

of course I have.......for whatever reasons. Lost a son too and tboned and brain damage and coma 2010 but i dont blame it on all that. It just is.
Posted By: JD Hornet

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/21/20 09:48 PM

Get in the Word son.

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/21/20 09:49 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/21/20 09:57 PM

Yes PM sent
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/21/20 10:06 PM

I am most productive angry, if I had the energy to maintain a grouchy/angry state of mind everyday I would rule the world. If there was an anger pill I could pop every morning I would probably take it.

I guess what I am saying is try and channel your anger into a productive project... and stay away from bars and drunks during that time.

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/21/20 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
I am most productive angry, if I had the energy to maintain a grouchy/angry state of mind everyday I would rule the world. If there was an anger pill I could pop every morning I would probably take it.

I guess what I am saying is try and channel your anger into a productive project... and stay away from bars and drunks during that time.

life has ups and downs for us all,its life!
Posted By: akntrpr

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/21/20 10:27 PM

I lost a 12 year old daughter in 97" and it still causes me to have a bad day on occasion especially around the anniversary and I'm sure it always will. Lots of triggers like a song we used to sing together, her favorite songs, seeing her classmates and their kids etc. Just part of life after losing a child. Sorry for your loss only others that have had to deal with it know how terrible it really is. Nothing in life is as hard as that is!
Posted By: Ryan McLeod

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/21/20 10:29 PM

Some days when everything gets overwhelming I tend to get short tempered. Then I realize that being mad doesn't fix anything. I really NEED my time out on the land to combat that mood.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/21/20 10:35 PM

Yeah on occasion. I'm glad I recognize it now. I give the wife and kids a heads up and a preemptive apology and if I'm short with them it's not their fault.
Posted By: il.trapper

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/21/20 10:52 PM

I figure most everyone has an angry mood day now and then. I know I do. Some of it is around the time I lost a son. Some of it comes from nowhere. Persistent stupid people can get me in a bad mood real quick that may last a day or two.

Funny now, but it used to be my birthday. Every year I would wake up that morning mad and stay mad all day. Was like that for many years.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/21/20 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Matt28

O I had head injuries to from the same wreck my son was killed in head trauma is no joke.19 year old ran a red light at 65mps in a 3/4 ton and t boned us mainly hitting my sons door.. I had a Spinal fluid leak out of my ear fractured skull, concussion of course. ,Was on a walker 5 months.

Swelling in his skull is what killed my son ultimately. It ruptured/ blew out his spinal column from the pressure. I'm glad your was not as bad and your ok mostly.

I had a basal skull fracture and was in Icu 9 days. Thats would be a terrible thing to go through with your son. Lucky I had dropped off my buddy and my girlfriend before I had my wreck. It was my fault fell asleep ran into a creek went head first through the wind shield. They say when a guy fround me I was standing beside my truck that was upside-down and was saying it won't start. I didn't know my name or where I was till I got life flight and woke up in the icu. For the most part I am ok just get up set easily especially with family.
Posted By: grayfox54

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by west river rogue
[Linked Image]

Well I know that’s wrong! My bil is Italian he’s about 5’ tall and has the biggest mouth! He can’t talk with out yelling lol
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 12:10 AM

I honestly don't know how any parent could cope with the tragic loss of their child. Hard enough just trying to imagine it. Anyway, deepest condolences to you folks who are living with that pain.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 12:12 AM

Strong weather related changes, especially barometric changes can and do impact behavior in many ways. As the song goes "some days are diamonds and some days are stones"

Bryce
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 12:14 AM

Sooo sorry abt your Son.
Posted By: furstroker

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 12:15 AM

Been about every one lately. In a spot im having trouble
climbing out of, injury and work related. But, i had my head beat in by
football long ago, for a long time, which doesnt help.
Something's not right and no one can tell ya to "work it off."
It's good if you can talk to someone, and therein lies my problem.
Cant find anyone i can identify with, without airing my stuff on
the web, which i wont do. Old school like that. Ill talk to ya bud if ya want.
Im way to angry for what i have. People don't get it.
Holler if ya want. Aint got no other people to talk to.

Sorry about your son...no experience with that. Cant imagine.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 12:42 AM

May not help much, but I'm pullin' for you guys.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 12:47 AM

The question my wife would ask is not that I have an occasional grouchy day, but do I ever not have one?
Posted By: keystone

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 12:53 AM

A good reminder that no matter what, someone is having an even worse day than you. I try to remind myself of that and count my blessings but we all have bad days.

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by keystone
A good reminder that no matter what, someone is having an even worse day than you. I try to remind myself of that and count my blessings but we all have bad days.

This is truth, but sometimes its hard to care about anyone else,
when its hard to care about yourself.
Posted By: Actor

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 01:35 AM

Most of mine are any more and the older I get the more I have.

Garry-

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 01:41 AM

...and always remember, aint nobody gonna care about you
as much as you do. Dont matter what they say or how many
prayers they say they send. Gotta find it
within. I aint got there yet, but hopefully you do.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 01:42 AM

No, not really.
I wake up every morning and before my feet hit the deck, I tell myself “today is a great day!” No matter what, even when I know things might suck or have to deal with something I don’t want to deal with, I still tell myself today is a great day. I make sure I’m up every single day to watch the sunrise. If nothings planned (extremely rare) I’ll crawl my butt back in bed after watching it rise with the dogs. I believe I CONTROL MY DAY and I choose to have a great day!
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 02:00 AM

My heart goes out for all of you who have lost a child, I cannot fathom going through that, I will say a prayer for you all.

My wife claims I’m the happiest Person she knows. I’m truly happy most of the time, we all have our bad days though
Posted By: cbat

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 02:36 AM

My wife tells me that I used to be called that mean guy at the feed store. She finally had enough one day and told me straight out you are being a - Opened my eyes and she said that I am nicer now. Very sorry about your loss. No parent should have to outlive a child.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 10:56 AM

I can understand some of your pain , my parents loss a boy a 2 month old , 1964 , and a son of 13 in 1970 , dad was never the same he crawl in to the bottle and never came out , mom was tough she took care of us kids an dad , I don't know if I could handle loosing a child as far as a bad day I wake up an tell myself its a great day I'M alive , as some of you know I've been thru a lot , and I feel blessed to still be on this earth , there are a lot of people worse off than me ,
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 11:05 AM

From a medical perspective anxiety, depression, and more is: anger turned inward.
Everyone is unique in their life story but there are helps for anger turned inward situations.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 11:35 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you guys that have lost a child. I cannot imagine nor do I want to. I’m a grouchy guy this time of year and realize it. I try not to be but just am. There is a great book on being happy.”Happiness is A Serious Problem” by Dennis Prager. The main point of the book is that it’s our moral obligation to be happy and bring happiness to others. Act happy even when you’re not. I should read it once a month!!
Posted By: goatman

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 11:52 AM

Providence I'm in the same boat as you. Lost a son myself and you have no reason to not have a bad day around the bad time. Really sad leading up to the day and anger afterwards. Been 15 years now and ain't any easier. Just get off by yourself and loved ones. Sometimes I have to stay away from everyone for the day. Grandkids help. If you don't have any I hope you do in the future. Stay busy.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 12:13 PM

Isn't it intriguing that most in this country steeped in incredibly strong individualism are taught (urged) by culture to work it out by yourself: man up, sort it out, get over it, don't cry, stick with it, own it, push through, sort through it, beat this thing, and a 1,000 more isms just like these. We've all heard 'em because we were taught them our whole life.

Q: Is individualism the best way to deal with "stuff" and sort it all out?
Sometimes maybe. But if it is.....
Then why the deep chasm of grief over a loved one? Especially the loss of a child.
That's the opposite of "go it alone." That's missing someone else = the opposite of alone, true?
Maybe being with others we care about and care about us might work better,
but culture teaches us, once again, methods and ways that are backwards, not nourishing, to our mind, body, and soul. Shocker.

It was said by the only One who knows all this for 100% sure,
"it is not good for the man to be alone."
Wonder who does their best work in us when we remain alone?
Wishes the opposite of anything good for us and cheers on the misery and destructive ways?

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by keystone

Yes!^^^

I tell my Wife when a I do...even admitting the mood helps.
Posted By: Larry Bowden

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 01:22 PM

Providence,
I sympathize with you and hope you shake this. Sorry to hear about your son. I cannot imagine the pain. Wishing you the best my friend.
Found out 2 weeks ago that my cancer is detectable again. Been four and a half year battle so far.
I can't seem to get my mind in a good place.

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 02:22 PM

best wishes Larry!!!
Posted By: MoCat

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 03:31 PM

I used to call my wife "Sunshine" as she was always happy, smiling until we lost our adult son and only child in 2017. I wish I had the "old" wife back. They told her in therapy that she needs to let go of what's gone and be grateful for what remains. Wife says easy for someone to say that never experienced a loss. Mother's Day, his birthday and holidays are the worst. I have bad, sad days too but try not to let her know. Unless you've experienced the loss of a child no matter their age it leaves a huge hole in your heart.
Morris
Posted By: k snow

Re: Anyone else have grouchy days? - 10/22/20 03:33 PM

Seems like loss is a huge driver for "grouchy" days. I can't imagine losing a child. I have only lost older relations, but those days are huge triggers for me to be in a bad mood.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums