Home

Terrible Gas pains

Posted By: ZAC

Terrible Gas pains - 10/21/20 10:53 PM

Anyone else get painful gas or bloating. Yes I know the title will open up a lot of jokes. But in all seriousness I occasionally have gas/bloat attacks (right now for example) that are borderline unbearable. It hurts so bad at times I almost feel “popping a hole in my stomach” would give relief.

Any home remedies or OTC meds you recommend? I haven’t been able to link my attacks to any specific foods it just seems random what triggers it but almost always after supper or at bedtime.
Posted By: Garryowen

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/21/20 10:56 PM

A teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of cold water.

Garryowen
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/21/20 10:59 PM

Does it make a difference if your meal was "fatty" or not? My gall bladder attacks came after I ate ice cream at local later night news time and then woke by butt up 6 hours later. But I didn't have bloating, just gut pain. If a couple home remedy or diet fixes don't solve it, you should get checked out. Something like that could be masking a more serious problem.
Posted By: cohunt

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/21/20 11:00 PM

Make up 16 oz bottles of old fashioned switchel and take a drink about 4 times a day. Mrs Braggs Apple Cider vinegar(available in most decent grocery stores) and local honey. Dump or drink about 1/4 of the 16 oz water and fill with vinegar and honey. Shake a bunch and good to go. Best thing I have ever found for digestive problems, MUCH better than drugs that all have serious side effects if taken over time.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/21/20 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Garryowen

Garryowen

This works pretty well.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/21/20 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by cohunt
Make up 16 oz bottles of old fashioned switchel and take a drink about 4 times a day. Mrs Braggs Apple Cider vinegar(available in most decent grocery stores) and local honey. Dump or drink about 1/4 of the 16 oz water and fill with vinegar and honey. Shake a bunch and good to go. Best thing I have ever found for digestive problems, MUCH better than drugs that all have serious side effects if taken over time.

Does that help with explosive diarrhea? Asking for a friend. He starts the day with 16 oz of power coffee on an empty stomach...what could possibly be the problem?????
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/21/20 11:08 PM

I've had it so bad I've passed out from the pain.

I now have gas x pills always handy.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/21/20 11:24 PM

Usually there are underlying symptoms. I had gas pains bad, with diarrhea, and it turned out to be celiac desease. My wife had some of the same symptoms, and her's was irratable bowel syndrome. Neither needed meds, just have to eat the right foods. In my case, no gluten, the wife has a list of foods she can't eat.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/21/20 11:33 PM

does driving myself 45 minutes to the ER at 4am count , though maybe I was having a heart attack just could not get comfortable , I was in such pain at the last light to turn into the hospital I seriously though about running it no one was coming , light turned green something let loose and gas made it's way past the blockage and I was still a bit sore but felt so much better , waited 30 minutes int he ER waiting room thinking about if I wanted to pay the copay or if I was ok now , felt better went home

was my wife ever mad at me for driving home without getting checked out.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/21/20 11:36 PM

not sure what or how you eat

no pop/soda

try changing your diet , eat small a little all day , lots of water

a good broth based soup breakfast lunch and dinner for 3-4 days see if any of that makes it better.
Posted By: Bob

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/21/20 11:50 PM

Once in a while I do. To the point it doubles me over, and I gotta grit my teeth through it till it passes. The doc says I’m good though. Don’t know what causes it but I know it’s downright excruciating.
Posted By: grayfox54

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/21/20 11:55 PM

Try this it’s OTC I get it at the grocery store it works wonders for my bloating

Attached picture B1FA9D95-7074-486A-8013-C0AD54AA52AA.jpeg
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/22/20 12:07 AM

So you're saying its from Patrices cooking?

I'd keep her around for "her cooking" but try some Citrocell .
Posted By: Savell

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/22/20 12:08 AM

[Linked Image]

... put so many bad things in your body that it’s stays too confused to conspire against you
Posted By: Bison88

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/22/20 12:14 AM

Take gas- ex after eating and before you have the problem
Posted By: il.trapper

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/22/20 12:19 AM

I would be getting my gall bladder checked. I have a problem now and then and I know it is my gall bladder. Feels like a heart attack at times.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/22/20 01:02 AM

I've gotten it as bad as some of these other guys. By process of elimination I narrowed the cause down to fried onions. It only happens occasionally, not every time, but every time I have a pile of fried onions I know I'm flirting with disaster.

I get this excruciating pocket of gas that takes about a day to work it's way through my intestines. After about twenty-four hours a long, loud fart brings much anticipated relief.

My wife and kids think it's funny, they refer to me as GBM (Gas Ball Man) and seem to enjoy my suffering.

I've always just toughed it out but, if it happens again, I'm going to try some of the remedies posted here
Posted By: adam m

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/22/20 01:09 AM

Taco bell, gas ex, bean o, should work
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/22/20 01:09 AM

I get attacks maybe 3 4 times a year.
Can not pinpoint it to any food or drink.
Gas x takes it away quick but has explosive aftermath
whistle
Posted By: Posco

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/22/20 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Pike River
Originally Posted by Garryowen

Garryowen

This works pretty well.

Yep.
Posted By: Actor

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/22/20 01:29 AM

I eat a big bowl of popcorn with a lot of salt...

Garry-
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/22/20 01:32 AM

What you SHOULDN'T do is eat a jar of peanuts Anda bag of cheesy popcorn washed down with Canadian Hunter "whiskey"

Made that mistake in camp last year.
Posted By: old243

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/22/20 02:00 AM

Try to do a lot of burping, after a big meal. Releases the pressure in your stomach, also impresses everyone..Works for me, just like deflating a balloon. old 243
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/22/20 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Usually there are underlying symptoms. I had gas pains bad, with diarrhea, and it turned out to be celiac desease. My wife had some of the same symptoms, and her's was irratable bowel syndrome. Neither needed meds, just have to eat the right foods. In my case, no gluten, the wife has a list of foods she can't eat.

I have the IBS as well and there’s just certain foods that don’t set well with me at all. When I start having the pain there’s times it doubles me over and nearly puts me to the ground
Posted By: charles

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/22/20 02:43 AM

Had a bad episode last New Years night. Had some temp as well. Mine PASSED in the morning but I was about as uncomfortable as I have ever been. I thought about food poison. Never returned.
Posted By: BBarnes

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/22/20 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
does driving myself 45 minutes to the ER at 4am count , though maybe I was having a heart attack just could not get comfortable , I was in such pain at the last light to turn into the hospital I seriously though about running it no one was coming , light turned green something let loose and gas made it's way past the blockage and I was still a bit sore but felt so much better , waited 30 minutes int he ER waiting room thinking about if I wanted to pay the copay or if I was ok now , felt better went home

was my wife ever mad at me for driving home without getting checked out.

It's called Gerd, you have to take medicine for it. I take two different kinds, one over the counter and the other is a script. You need to talk to your doctor before it cause serious injury. Speaking from my own experience.

B
Posted By: yoteguts

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/22/20 03:32 AM

I had my gall bladder out about 16 years ago. Your symptoms sound just like mine. Felt like poking a vent hole in my belly. Would bloat so bad I had a hard time breathing. Especially if I ate fatty foods. Gall bladder out all good every since.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/22/20 10:08 AM

baking soda
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/22/20 02:24 PM

I was like that till my allergist said I was allergic to wheat, quit eating it for a few weeks and noticed a great improvement. You'd be surprised how many foods contain it. Maybe try some probiotics.
Posted By: Dean Chapel

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/22/20 02:59 PM

what makes you think it is gas pain?
Posted By: concrete man

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/22/20 04:32 PM

Did you consider going to a doctor.
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Terrible Gas pains - 10/22/20 07:33 PM

Go get scoped for a colonoscopy and your throat scoped, I had all kinds of chronic inflammation they found and polyps. Diet plays a big part in your success on getting rid of it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums