Home

覧Wader Repair

Posted By: Aix sponsa

覧Wader Repair - 10/24/20 12:04 AM

Not so much patching but reinforcing and repairing wader seams....what are you using?

I use the breathable waders the most, and I find the seams tend to leak rather quickly. I was wondering if others reinforce the seams, and, if so, what do you use?
Posted By: btomlin

Re: 覧Wader Repair - 10/24/20 02:28 AM

Aquaseal.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: 覧Wader Repair - 10/24/20 02:45 AM

Aquaseal
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: 覧Wader Repair - 10/24/20 03:05 AM

3M 5200. Pretty much the go to sealant in my neck of the woods
Posted By: BvrRetriever

Re: 覧Wader Repair - 10/24/20 05:46 AM

My neoprenes leak in the crotch area and I got sick of going in the gas station after trapping looking like I壇 had an accident. I gave the area a liberal dose of flex seal. I知 going to give it a good chance to setup and I値l have to let you know how it turns out.
Posted By: keystone

Re: 覧Wader Repair - 10/24/20 05:49 AM

Another vote for aquaseal, if your ever patching a hole make sure you separate the waders on the inside or the leg or whatever area your patching will be mended together for life!!
Posted By: SnareLine

Re: 覧Wader Repair - 10/24/20 06:58 AM

Aquaseal UV is amazing stuff, but only where the light can get to it. A UV flashlight works really well for it...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 覧Wader Repair - 10/24/20 10:28 AM

Seams can be very problematic to seal properly from my experience. I believe sometimes the neoprene gets stretched near the seam and it痴 that area not the seam proper. I use aquaseal.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: 覧Wader Repair - 10/24/20 11:16 AM

Can one of you do a tutorial on how to properly complete a repair?

It would be a good one for the archives.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: 覧Wader Repair - 10/24/20 12:18 PM

marine Goop
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: 覧Wader Repair - 10/24/20 12:50 PM

Yup marine goop, aqua seal and 5200 have all worked for me. For the seam I cut a strip of cloth and lay it on the goop along the seam I make sure the strip looks wet and trim excess after drying. I feel like it helps prevent wear on the fix not sure its necessary but that's what I do.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums