Home

Determining fur sale lot numbers

Posted By: kytrapper

Determining fur sale lot numbers - 10/24/20 12:12 AM

Can some of you tell me how your order of sale is conducted at your local fur sale? Do you arrive and everyone draw a number or what? I know of one organization that draws numbers at the fall meet for the fur sale. We are trying to put one together and am looking for a way to make it fair. I don’t know how everyone’s sales go but very early numbers or just after lunch on the ones I’ve seen don’t go as high as other times. Need to get the ball rolling on our first UTK fur sale. Thanks
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Determining fur sale lot numbers - 10/24/20 12:26 AM

Ohio you could of signed up early for lot numbers at our region meets. After that we call in to get what's available or you just show up day of auction and go to the back of the line
Posted By: SundanceMtnMan

Re: Determining fur sale lot numbers - 10/24/20 12:53 AM

First come gets first lot
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Determining fur sale lot numbers - 10/24/20 01:50 AM

We limit the number of sellers to 60, knowing from experience thats about how many we can run through in a day. Starting a month before the sale date sellers call me to reserve a spot. When people arrive the morning of the sale they are given a number when they walk in the door. Fur is lotted in and sold in that order.
Posted By: SundanceMtnMan

Re: Determining fur sale lot numbers - 10/24/20 02:45 AM

Everyone's fur is laid out on tables. Buyers grade and submit sealed bid, if bid meets asking price high bid wins.
Posted By: lcd

Re: Determining fur sale lot numbers - 10/24/20 11:34 AM

In Tennessee we have a call in period starting about a month before the sale. You call in and get a table number (some people just don't want the first 2 or 3 tables) and when you arrive the fur is lined up on a long set of tables and it moves along down the tables with volunteers helping move it along as it is auctioned off. If you do not call in for a number you will go to the back of the line on a first come first serve basis. The buyers as a group grade the fur as it come up for bid. Works pretty well.
Posted By: kytrapper

Re: Determining fur sale lot numbers - 10/25/20 11:18 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. The two above mentioned seems like our best option since numbers weren’t drawn at fall meet. We’re just trying to keep it going and getting everyone together through this. I’ve been trapping 45 years and have never gotten rich. It just is what it is right now.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums