Home

Deer UPDATED

Posted By: Ark Trapper

Deer UPDATED - 10/24/20 03:20 AM

[Linked Image]

Anyone know what this is? Most importantly is it safe to eat? And would you. Lol I believe I know what it is however I don't have any experience with this so I don't know.. i will skin tomorrow and if it goes deeper than just tide. I may have a coyote bait station. Lol
So your opinion safe or not
Posted By: warrior

Re: Deer WOW - 10/24/20 03:27 AM

Fibromas, common and harmless. Kind of like warts.

Re: Deer WOW - 10/24/20 03:36 AM

Thanks for the reply warrior that is also what I thought. I've had that deer on camera numerous times during the summer. She seems to be healthy just unsightly. Lol you know what they say ...looks ain't everything.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Deer WOW - 10/24/20 04:07 AM

The hard part is losing that image in your mind while eating it ...lol
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Deer WOW - 10/24/20 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Ark Trapper
[Linked Image]

is it safe to eat? And would you. So your opinion safe or not

No, I wouldn't eat them, cut them away and discard with the hide.

Re: Deer WOW - 10/24/20 04:59 AM

Thanks crd I know for a fact that I will pass on them. You can bet anything you that will stay with the hide
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Deer WOW - 10/24/20 12:43 PM

Gross

Re: Deer WOW - 10/24/20 01:01 PM

That all you have to say 330? Lol freezer or bait pile
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Deer WOW - 10/24/20 03:02 PM

If your concerned take it to a local butcher shop and ask the butcher to give his or her opinion and go with what they say.
If it's not fit for human consumption ask that they say so in writing then you can present that to your DNR or FWP and get a replacement tag. That's what they suggest we do here in Montana.
Allan

Re: Deer WOW - 10/24/20 05:55 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Nothing to see here move along. This is what the hide looks like below the two largest tumors. And the other is one of the smaller ones dissected. They are hard no puss or sign of infection, they are absolutely contained to the exterior of the hide. They in no way affect the underlying muscle. They are unsightly but you won't taste it in the gravy. Don't eat the looks anyway. I believe the meat is 100% safe. Thanks for the replies
© 2024 Trapperman Forums