Home

Optics Planet

Posted By: Steven 49er

Optics Planet - 10/25/20 02:05 AM

Anybody order from them and have troubles?

I ordered a trigger from them in September, received it in 6 days.

I ordered a thermal scope from them October 1, still hasn't been shipped.
Posted By: didit

Re: Optics Planet - 10/25/20 02:08 AM

I just ordered a thermal from them a couple days ago, got an email saying I had to fill out a form that basically said I wasn’t buying this item for international sale? I just want to whack some coyotes.....
Posted By: James

Re: Optics Planet - 10/25/20 02:20 AM

I think they're just an internet re-seller. I ordered something from them once, and two weeks later they told me it was out of stock.

Jim

Re: Optics Planet - 10/25/20 02:35 AM

I have a feeling I'm going to get screwed. I just tried to cancel the order and it wouldn't let me. I'll have to get my CC company involved.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Optics Planet - 10/25/20 02:35 AM

I've heard similar stories...

personally, I'd steer clear.
Posted By: headache73

Re: Optics Planet - 10/25/20 03:57 AM

They sell things and then tell you they're not in stock, but they'll ship them soon as possible lol. I've ordered a few AR triggers from them, will probably look elsewhere from now on
Posted By: bbasher

Re: Optics Planet - 10/25/20 04:00 AM

That company is a joke. They are happy to take your money for a product they likely don't have
Posted By: adam m

Re: Optics Planet - 10/25/20 04:16 AM

Last I used them was in April at the start of this plandemic. Shipping was delayed because of covid
Posted By: JoeGoodman

Re: Optics Planet - 10/25/20 04:19 AM

I've ordered dozens of items from them over the years, never had one single problem. Usually offer the best rates going on products with free shipping.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Optics Planet - 10/25/20 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by JoeGoodman
I've ordered dozens of items from them over the years, never had one single problem. Usually offer the best rates going on products with free shipping.

x2 one of the best places I have bought from.
Posted By: keystone

Re: Optics Planet - 10/25/20 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Originally Posted by JoeGoodman

x2 one of the best places I have bought from.

X3 i’ve never had a single problem and have ordered from them for several years now!
Posted By: FL cracker in AK

Re: Optics Planet - 10/25/20 06:19 AM

Bought many things over the years, never had a problem.
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: Optics Planet - 10/25/20 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by bbasher
That company is a joke. They are happy to take your money for a product they likely don't have

Almost guaranteed they don't have it. Many online retailers don't keep inventory, or very little. They sell you the product and THEN they buy it and ship it to you. Unless supply falls behind demand and they can't get it. Then they owe you a refund or you're screwed.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Optics Planet - 10/25/20 06:45 AM

Apparently the thermal and NV rigs seem to have a few extra hoops too jump through due to pricing and availability. Even buying used . I know when I bought my little ANT Xsite 'll used it took close too three days for the guy to even get it mailed because the post office kept doing a and b and c . One thing was packaging then insurance then somthing about the batteries. Not saying thats whats going on buying from them but seems buyi g thermal and NV optics comes with extra hoops regardless
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Optics Planet - 10/25/20 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Apparently the thermal and NV rigs seem to have a few extra hoops too jump through due to pricing and availability. Even buying used . I know when I bought my little ANT Xsite 'll used it took close too three days for the guy to even get it mailed because the post office kept doing a and b and c . One thing was packaging then insurance then somthing about the batteries. Not saying thats whats going on buying from them but seems buyi g thermal and NV optics comes with extra hoops regardless

Not to mention this covid crap has most every gun related company's shipping time going nuts. I had to wait close two three weeks for a order from midsouth to even be pulled so it could be shipped ( great company btw their customer service is on point very polite folks )
Posted By: hdwolfer

Re: Optics Planet - 10/25/20 10:28 AM

Used them this spring to order a new scope. No problems with shipping or the merchandise.
Friend just ordered a scope from them with no problems.
Had another friend this spring order from them with no problems.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Optics Planet - 10/25/20 10:59 AM

I have never ordered from them because I’m paranoid about buying stuff online.
Posted By: Paul D. Heppner

Re: Optics Planet - 10/25/20 11:02 AM

Night vision and thermal scopes fall under ITAR. International Trade in Arms Regulations.

Re: Optics Planet - 10/27/20 02:20 AM

I got the Credit card company involved.

Three weeks is enough, they've said all along it's in stock and waiting to be shipped, well then ship it.
Posted By: headache73

Re: Optics Planet - 10/27/20 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
I got the Credit card company involved.

Three weeks is enough, they've said all along it's in stock and waiting to be shipped, well then ship it.

Yep.... Don't blame ya one bit
Posted By: EdP

Re: Optics Planet - 10/27/20 11:43 AM

Ordered a set of Talley mounts/rings on the 19th. Got them yesterday, the 26th.

Re: Optics Planet - 10/29/20 01:51 AM

Well it seems getting the CC company involved and asking to cancel the order woke them up. Item is in the mail. Only took 27 days.
Posted By: Boy Named Sue

Re: Optics Planet - 10/29/20 02:20 AM

Anybody order from them and have troubles?

I ordered a trigger from them in September, received it in 6 days.

I ordered a thermal scope from them October 1, still hasn't been shipped.

YES!
I ordered a thermal from them one time also. They emailed me a couple of weeks after I ordered it and said it was back ordered for six weeks. I waited and six weeks later I got another email saying it was still on back order. I canceled my order and ordered from Midway USA. My scope arrived three days later from Midway.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Optics Planet - 10/29/20 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by bbasher

They probably are. Re sellers just order for you when you order from them.

No inventory that way
Posted By: chicken

Re: Optics Planet - 10/29/20 01:04 PM

YES!!!! I have ordered from them..... AND NO- NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Order took 4 months......
Posted By: wildflights

Re: Optics Planet - 10/29/20 01:27 PM

x2 I have ordered from them. Now when looking for a place to buy, I won't look at an Optic Planet link.

Buying something like Thermal, I would go to a reputable Thermal dealer that will stand behind their product. I would not risk a delicate, high end electronics product to a reseller that is as likely to move reconditioned and seconds as new/unused.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Optics Planet - 10/29/20 04:13 PM

Well it seems getting the CC company involved and asking to cancel the order woke them up. Item is in the mail. Only took 27 days.

Good deal.

Crazy all these people who have had trouble with them and I have ordered over a dozen times without any trouble at all. In fact this is the first I've heard of people having problems with orders.
Posted By: andrews1958

Re: Optics Planet - 10/29/20 05:34 PM

Never used them but have great luck with SWFA and Euro Optics

Re: Optics Planet - 10/29/20 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by wildflights
x2 I have ordered from them. Now when looking for a place to buy, I won't look at an Optic Planet link.

Buying something like Thermal, I would go to a reputable Thermal dealer that will stand behind their product. I would not risk a delicate, high end electronics product to a reseller that is as likely to move reconditioned and seconds as new/unused.

Yep, I learned a lesson, should have purchased it local. I'm a little concerned I may get a second or someother.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums