Home

Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid

Posted By: H5Farm

Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 02:26 PM

Sadly I recently lost my best bud Mike to covid. He was an avid Gun Rights and Trump supporter. Mike was 47 years old, decent shape a little over weight and no real underlying health conditions. He worked two jobs as he work for the State and wired houses at nights and on the weekends. He got "the vid" as he called it last week. He had a sore throat and fever one day and got tested within two hours they told him he was positive. He went home and complained about being quarantined for 10 days.

I called him every day and joked with him the way friends do. The first day he shot his new Xbow and cleaned some guns, the next he shot his Xbow again but said he was winded when walking to pull the arrows. All along he said his Covid was mild and no worse than the common cold.

On day three, he vomited and lost his sense of smell and taste. On day 4 he had trouble breathing. He almost passed out in the bathroom and his wife who was quarantined with him called the ambulance because he could not get up. They took him to the hospital, he got fluids, steroids and a breathing treatment. They released him 6 hours later told him he had pneumonia. I talked to him when he got home our last conversation. He said this vid is kicking my arse. He complained about being behind on wiring houses and missing out on bow hunting.

The next morning day 5, he was back at the hospital having breathing issues 02 low in his blood. They ordered plasma and the Trump steroid. We joke via text his plasma came from a democrat.

The morning of day 6 Mike was at 0800 he was moved to the ICU. Then at 10:00 put on a ventilator due to his 02 level being so. By 10:00 that night he would be dead due to complete organ failure and no longer being able to keep his blood pressure up.

We are all in shock. Mike never wore a mask, he didnt believe in them. Not sure if they help or not but he is dead. Not sure if going to his funeral tomorrow is even safe. I know that I will never get to hunt with my old buddy again. People die, we loose friend in my world he will never be replaced. Use your time wisely , you never know when its your time to leave this earth.

I will depart with this Covid is real it killed my friend, there is no cure, protect yourself as best you can 99.95% of people live. I hope you never have a loss to Covid but it is possible. Where I live 11 people have died in 3 days from it. You never know when someone you love could be next. I still whip out my phone to text or call but he is gone.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 02:30 PM

RIP

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Osky
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 02:46 PM

Very sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 02:50 PM

Sorry for y’alls loss!! May, God bless him and his family and friends!!!
Posted By: corky

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 02:54 PM

Sad story to hear about someone so young being susceptible. Prayers sent.
Posted By: PineDoggin

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 03:01 PM

Sorry for the Loss
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 03:01 PM

RIP Mike & may you see him again someday
Posted By: Yotegiter

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 03:04 PM

Man don’t know what to say other than I’m sorry and thank you for sharing your story. The virus is very real
I’m sorry it got your good bud. RIP
Posted By: fishnhunts

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 03:05 PM

That is terrible, sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 03:19 PM

Sorry for your loss, thank you for you day to day account. Maybe now people will not think this virus is a joke. So sad.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 03:27 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 03:29 PM

Very sorry for you.
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 03:30 PM

Sorry for your loss! I wish there was more knowledge about why it hits some people like a feather and some people like a sledgehammer. That was a nice heartfelt eulogy to your friend.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 03:37 PM

Sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Mark Steck

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 03:39 PM

You write from your heart. Peace to you and his family.

Mark
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 03:49 PM

Rip Mike , sad to hear this story ......
Posted By: River Birch

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 03:52 PM

Sorry for your loss...Prayers sent to you
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 03:54 PM

I feel bad for your loss
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 03:55 PM

Sorry to hear
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 03:55 PM

Sorry for your loss !
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 03:56 PM

My condolences to you and all his family and friends.
Posted By: imissed

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 04:01 PM

Man thats too bad! Sorry for your loss.

And people still think that the virus is a joke, hoax and a political scam!

I wish they would wake up.
Posted By: danvee

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 04:02 PM

Sorry for ya not fun loosing someone close that you shared a lot with.
Posted By: Actor

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 04:26 PM

Sorry for the loss.. My prayers go out to you and his other friends and family...

Garry-
Posted By: rex123

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 04:43 PM

God be with you all.
Posted By: 30/06

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 05:34 PM

Sorry for your loss. Your buddy's experience sounds very much like my fishing buddy's experience, except that my buddy slowly recovered after 10 days hospitalization. 3 months later he's mostly resumed his activities, but he's not back to where he was at the start.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 05:43 PM

Sorry about Your Friend!!!
Posted By: k9-hunter

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 06:09 PM

sorry to hear if anything hopefully someone else reading this who doesnt believe its real will think twice before not wearing a mask or social distance
Posted By: imissed

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by k9-hunter
sorry to hear if anything hopefully someone else reading this who doesnt believe its real will think twice before not wearing a mask or social distance

Amen to that!!!
Posted By: rudydog

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by k9-hunter

Sorry for you lose, we lost an Aunt to this virus also, it's real,
Why more people don't do the simplest thing, and the only thing that even might work such as wearing a mask when around other people is nothing but ignorance and selfishness.
Posted By: Whopper Stopper

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 08:29 PM

Sorry for your loss.

WS
Posted By: Huntall76

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 08:35 PM

Sorry for the loss of you friend. About 10 years ago I lost my best hunting friend to a massive heart attack. He just had a stress test and what not and heart doctor said everything looks good and 2 weeks later he's dead. Bothered me so much I quit hunting for 2 years now my new hunting buddy is about 65 and has had 2 ticker attacks and who knows when his time will come but I know I'm not going to take it well. I'm 44 , I started hunting when I was 11 and most of the guys I hunted with at deer camp were in there 30s and up very few kids and most didn't last and no longer hunt so I'm still looked at as the kid of the group. The youngest hunting know is 19 and the oldest is 88. I'm getting to the point in my life where I know I'm going to start loosing friends I've been around most my life. Sorry so long winded but I know what you're going through and I'm truly sorry. I just became a grandpa last night at 12:30 so atleast I have some youngsters to look forward to getting into the sport of trapping and hunting.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 10:21 PM

sorry for your loss , believe me it real ,its hit hard in our area , me my wife an now my daughter , lots of friends , have all had it ,some like me real bad , to have die ,older people , frown some only like a cold ,
Posted By: charles

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 11:27 PM

Some on here believe Covid will disappear on Nov. 4th.

Sorry for your loss. I wear my mask.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 11:41 PM

Condolences from Kansas...yes, it's real, sad your friend was taken from you.
Posted By: Gene Dziza

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 11:46 PM

So sorry for your loss and thank you for posting this I can afford to take it more seriously.
Posted By: Gene Dziza

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 11:47 PM

So sorry for your loss and thank you for posting this, I can afford to take it more seriously.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 11:56 PM

Prayers that you see each other again.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/25/20 11:58 PM

Sorry for your loss, my brother who has cancer among other health issue's has just got over it. He wore his N95 mask religiously and still caught it. I wish mask worked
but sadly they don't, just something for some to grab onto with false hope they are safe while wearing them which i imagine is why it has spread like it has. I wish we could
stop a virus from spreading but sadly we can't. Flu season is coming like it always does and we can't stop that either.

Prayer's for his family and friends, i hope the President makes China pay for all this misery they have released upon us all.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/26/20 12:25 AM

Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your friends entire family. Sounds to me he was and is a great friend to have.
Posted By: bandy

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/26/20 12:37 AM

Sorry for your loss the people we love die and no matter how many we lose it never gets easier. I still find myself looking back to friends I have lost prays for you and the family.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/26/20 12:37 AM

Sorry for your loss. Praying for you
Posted By: J Staton

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/26/20 01:00 AM

That's tough. Sorry for your loss.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/26/20 02:56 AM

I'm curious why the hospital released a person with both Covid and Pneumonia. Do you know if he was at least given medicine for the pneumonia?
Very sorry for your loss.
Posted By: sotired

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/26/20 10:35 AM

Very sorry to hear of your friend. I have recovered from Covid, and I was lucky and only had mild symptoms. Every day, and worse at night, I waited for the hammer to drop, and my breathing to become compromised. It never did, but I have friends in the area who wasn't as lucky as me. Covid is an evil thing.
Posted By: grayfox54

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/26/20 10:58 AM

Sorry for your loss
Posted By: swampmaster

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/26/20 11:55 AM

prayers sent
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/26/20 12:25 PM

Prayers for you brother. Too fast a death sounds like the walking pneumonia. before common use of antibiotics out door people here would get sick and dead inside of a week. again Prayers for you and his family.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/26/20 12:41 PM

After reading this post, I feel your pain in the loss of a friend
not going to a funeral may seem against the grain, but again it seems they have all been super spreaders of this virus everywhere else.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/26/20 12:47 PM

Sorry for your loss. Where did Mike live?
Posted By: run

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/26/20 02:46 PM

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/26/20 02:58 PM

I'm sorry to hear you lost your friend; tragic.
I wonder why it has such mild effect on the vast majority of people, yet the virus has devastating effects on a few?
Is it due to genetics? Or?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/26/20 03:02 PM

10's of millions infected and over a million dead worldwide from covid in a few months doesnt sound like a "few".
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/26/20 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
10's of millions dead worldwide from covid in a few months doesnt sound like a "few".

From what I’ve read, most reporting organizations have the death toll as of late October 2020 at a little under 1.2 million worldwide.

Most news agencies are reporting that same number.

Do you have a source for the “tens of millions” figure?
Posted By: MJM

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/26/20 04:51 PM

10's of millions dead worldwide from covid in a few months doesnt sound like a "few".
In ND they are crying it is getting worse. They post higher positive test numbers all the time. But the death rates have stayed about the same. It also shows that more people in their 90's are dieing of it than any other age. Second most is eighties, and the two combined are more than all other ages combined. I guess I figure when it is time, it is time. I will not try to live in a bubble. The biggest part is control and making money. Do you think this would be a pandemic if they charged the states for people getting it, rather than paying them? People die all the time. It is part of life.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/26/20 09:16 PM

boco the numbers are greatly exaggerated

Homeless are still begging and prisons are still over crowded. So long as those things stay the same its more dangerous to drive to work, than fail to wash your hands after visiting a grocery store.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/26/20 10:34 PM

Time and place. If you guys can't keep your played out opinions to yourself, can you out of respect for the OP take them to another thread?
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/26/20 11:02 PM

Agreed

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/26/20 11:15 PM

Should be some holiday time for those people with no respect

Actually I could not read half of the post because I have already pushed the IGNOR button on a lot of people that don't know what this virus does
Posted By: Tom cat

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/26/20 11:24 PM

Prayers sent.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/26/20 11:33 PM

So sorry for you and your loss. God bless and keep us all safe from harm

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/27/20 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by H5Farm
Sadly I recently lost my best bud Mike to covid. He was an avid Gun Rights and Trump supporter. Mike was 47 years old, decent shape a little over weight and no real underlying health conditions. He worked two jobs as he work for the State and wired houses at nights and on the weekends. He got "the vid" as he called it last week. He had a sore throat and fever one day and got tested within two hours they told him he was positive. He went home and complained about being quarantined for 10 days.

I called him every day and joked with him the way friends do. The first day he shot his new Xbow and cleaned some guns, the next he shot his Xbow again but said he was winded when walking to pull the arrows. All along he said his Covid was mild and no worse than the common cold.

On day three, he vomited and lost his sense of smell and taste. On day 4 he had trouble breathing. He almost passed out in the bathroom and his wife who was quarantined with him called the ambulance because he could not get up. They took him to the hospital, he got fluids, steroids and a breathing treatment. They released him 6 hours later told him he had pneumonia. I talked to him when he got home our last conversation. He said this vid is kicking my arse. He complained about being behind on wiring houses and missing out on bow hunting.

The next morning day 5, he was back at the hospital having breathing issues 02 low in his blood. They ordered plasma and the Trump steroid. We joke via text his plasma came from a democrat.

The morning of day 6 Mike was at 0800 he was moved to the ICU. Then at 10:00 put on a ventilator due to his 02 level being so. By 10:00 that night he would be dead due to complete organ failure and no longer being able to keep his blood pressure up.

We are all in shock. Mike never wore a mask, he didnt believe in them. Not sure if they help or not but he is dead. Not sure if going to his funeral tomorrow is even safe. I know that I will never get to hunt with my old buddy again. People die, we loose friend in my world he will never be replaced. Use your time wisely , you never know when its your time to leave this earth.

I will depart with this Covid is real it killed my friend, there is no cure, protect yourself as best you can 99.95% of people live. I hope you never have a loss to Covid but it is possible. Where I live 11 people have died in 3 days from it. You never know when someone you love could be next. I still whip out my phone to text or call but he is gone.

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/27/20 12:27 AM

Just re-read his post nay sayers
Posted By: trappermac NY

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/27/20 01:01 AM

I'm 64 years old, I don't know anyone in my lifetime that died from all these other viruses that certain folks claim is just as bad. I know three that died from covid in the past 7 months, another 4 that barely got past it.

Condolences to the loss of your friend.
Posted By: WHSKR

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/27/20 01:11 AM

Thank you for sharing this with everyone here. I have worked in Public Health 30 plus years. It’s sad how we have divided this nation to the point that a virus as contagious as this is can’t be considered real and how many lost years of life will occur and many will die simply over stupid political division. One nation under God United we stand divided we fall.
I too lost a friend a man who had retired and went back to work doing electrical inspections his fate was drawn out over 4-5 weeks. Very similar story. This is real and more will die for sure but it’s sad that because it’s been molded into a political issue some will die over the use or non use of a Mask.
Two persons meeting and both wearing masks reduces only the chance of passing and contracting the virus. Separating ourselves more is very effective yet we still gather. We will have some vaccines in time that will be effective along with some other therapeutics I pray most of us on Trapperman have enough wits to pass along sound advice to those who choose to live unconcerned. Many persons will die never knowing the person who passed the virus to them.
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/27/20 02:15 AM

Sorry for your loss. He sounded like a guy you would want to sit around and enjoy a beer with.

Ol'dad
Posted By: micheal

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/27/20 09:24 AM

Prayers sent
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Lost my Best Hunting Partner and Friend to Covid - 10/28/20 07:57 PM

sorry to hear this. Several folks around here very sick and some died from this
© 2024 Trapperman Forums