Home

Fill up !!

Posted By: 2020

Fill up !! - 10/26/20 01:22 AM

Was talking to one of the Daughters and she brings up me teaching her how to put gas in the car some time ago. She started laughing because she remembers me telling her to pull down the lisence plate to find the gas cap. Anyone still doing it that way ???? Ahhh. The good ol days !!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Fill up !! - 10/26/20 01:39 AM

My first three cars were that way
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: Fill up !! - 10/26/20 01:42 AM

I must be too young...
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Fill up !! - 10/26/20 01:46 AM

I remember the old filler cap behind the plate. Not really sure why it had to go away?
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Fill up !! - 10/26/20 02:09 AM

[Linked Image]

Bending ovah just hurts a little more......lol
Posted By: headache73

Re: Fill up !! - 10/26/20 02:16 AM

My Chevelle is that way. I worked at a full service station in high school. Guy pulls in with a 56 Chevy, tells me if I can find the cap myself he'd give me 5 bucks. I didn't get the money, he finally had to show me lol. He got a good laugh out of it. That was the late 80's, caps behind license plates were everywhere back then, but behind the tail light was a new one on me

Re: Fill up !! - 10/26/20 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by headache73
My Chevelle is that way. I worked at a full service station in high school. Guy pulls in with a 56 Chevy, tells me if I can find the cap myself he'd give me 5 bucks. I didn't get the money, he finally had to show me lol. He got a good laugh out of it. That was the late 80's, caps behind license plates were everywhere back then, but behind the tail light was a new one on me

I agree...the best hidden gas cap...I had a 56 Nomad....
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Fill up !! - 10/26/20 02:21 AM

60 Chebby for sure.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Fill up !! - 10/26/20 02:24 AM

I filled up my first VW by lifting what is the hood in most cars today.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Fill up !! - 10/26/20 02:40 AM

Add a stick shift and millenials would all be walking lol
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Fill up !! - 10/26/20 02:48 AM

The Chevelles are nice to take to Sams Club for gas ( they have one way lanes o the the pumps ). Doesn’t matter what lane you get in....gas cap is behind sprig loaded license plate in the center of the back bumper.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Fill up !! - 10/26/20 04:03 AM

Yup those were awesome. What about the dual tanks?

Why did these features have to go away?
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Fill up !! - 10/26/20 09:06 AM

yes work at a gas station in the early 70s smile
Posted By: concrete man

Re: Fill up !! - 10/26/20 09:30 AM

I also worked at a gas station in the early 70s the 56 through me to hahaha
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Fill up !! - 10/26/20 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by concrete man
I also worked at a gas station in the early 70s the 56 through me to hahaha

grin

Re: Fill up !! - 10/26/20 01:03 PM

Yup...pumped gas in 71-72...16 years old
Posted By: il.trapper

Re: Fill up !! - 10/26/20 08:59 PM

A friend of mines wife took his 56 chev to the store one day while he was working on her car. After awhile he got worried she wasn't back yet. He finally called her and she was tears asking him
how the ???? Do you put gas in this ?????? thing"?

She had stopped to get gas, couldn't figure it out so tried to get home. Didn't make it, Then to not make the old man mad she called a tow service to bring her some gas. They couldn't figure it out either.

We tease her to this day about that episode. She says if she outlives him she will give that car away the day he dies......before his body even gets cold.....LOL
© 2024 Trapperman Forums