Home

Seemed like a good idea at the time

Posted By: dkrug

Seemed like a good idea at the time - 10/29/20 09:50 PM

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=958146&mid=8574152#M8574152 crazy
Posted By: blankenship

Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time - 10/29/20 10:15 PM

Lol
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time - 10/29/20 11:07 PM

No matter how many times I read that I can’t help but believe it’s actually true!
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time - 10/30/20 12:01 AM

Even funnier than 'bambulance (youtube it) grin
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time - 10/30/20 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Even funnier than 'bambulance (youtube it) grin

I had forgotten all about this one! Funny stuff.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time - 10/30/20 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
No matter how many times I read that I can’t help but believe it’s actually true!

Ive got a friend that roped a deer and ive tried a couple times but do rope critters as part of my job and the story looks like something someone that doesn't rope would make up.

Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time - 10/30/20 12:50 AM

I do know that people do things without thinking it out.
A guy told me about a couple of half-dead kids he and his family rescued with their boat, off an island.
They thought it was a good idea to rope a swimming moose, while canoeing.

Was a good time until they reached shore.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time - 10/30/20 01:37 AM

I'm not gonna tell all I know but consider this- if you think roping is hard try getting your rope back. whistle
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time - 10/30/20 01:41 AM

I managed to cut deer out of snares twice unscathed. That was trippy enough.

Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time - 10/30/20 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
I'm not gonna tell all I know but consider this- if you think roping is hard try getting your rope back. whistle

You don't use a big enough tire Lefty.
I watched Marlin Perkins and Mutual of Omaha religiously, when I was young.
Every Sunday
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time - 10/30/20 02:26 AM

When I was younger and stronger and weighed about 140 lbs. I roped a couple of Holstein heifers to catch them as they were running free in the creek pasture. These were bred heifers that weighed about 1200 plus lbs. Boy that was a mistake. The neck strength of a large bovine is amazing and once frenzied things get out of control fast. It is amazing with a rope around their neck I could not stop them, but once caught and controlled and haltered with a rope halter one could get them where you wanted them to go. We used to rent a pasture about 3-4 miles from the farmstead. The farmer I worked with would catch and halter 6-8 open heifers and we would tie the halter ends together and each of us would take 3-4 up the road. With four tied together they would never all go the same direction at one time and after a 1/4 mile they were pooped and we could walk them pretty easy. It was at the end of the summer when they were bigger and had been pasturing them that catching them was an issue.

Bryce
© 2024 Trapperman Forums