Home

Coyote Time #2

Posted By: Marten Ted

Coyote Time #2 - 11/01/20 11:24 PM

Hey guys. Figured I’d share some more catch pics while I have some time. Coyote camp is wrapped up and I’m in the process of relocating my traps. Gonna go after some marten and fox next week as the weather is supposed to cool down. Hope you all like the pics. Also share some if you got em! I love seeing them.
[Linked Image]

Im pretty sure these next two were brothers. Same age same look caught within 50 feet of each other about a week apart. Both very old and stinky but boy they were big and furred up heavy.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

First one on the new line today. Kinda interesting his leg had been broken and healed up not set correctly, so he had been functioning as a triped for quite a while it looked like. He was still eating pretty good it seemed like though.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Coyote Time #2 - 11/01/20 11:28 PM

Great pics, thanks for sharing!!
Posted By: trapperjdb

Re: Coyote Time #2 - 11/01/20 11:45 PM

Cool pics, well done
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Coyote Time #2 - 11/02/20 12:20 AM

Good pics!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Coyote Time #2 - 11/02/20 12:23 AM

Look at that gorgeous country!
Sweet. Sweet. Sweet.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Birdman382

Re: Coyote Time #2 - 11/02/20 12:31 AM

This year I am trying steel pan covers and lawn clippings. Just started yesterday and low and behold screens pulled off. I just lay them over the pan and inside the jaws not under the jaws. Also they are not hooked to the dog as some of my traps a dogless and some have a dog. Tomorrow I might go back to wax paper and waxed dirt. We are going to have a great week but I am still pulling before the MN deer opener.
Posted By: Bison88

Re: Coyote Time #2 - 11/02/20 01:20 AM

Thanks for sharing your giving me the fever!
Posted By: black and tan

Re: Coyote Time #2 - 11/02/20 01:21 AM

Try rubber bands on the steel pan covers
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Coyote Time #2 - 11/02/20 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Birdman382
This year I am trying steel pan covers and lawn clippings. Just started yesterday and low and behold screens pulled off. I just lay them over the pan and inside the jaws not under the jaws. Also they are not hooked to the dog as some of my traps a dogless and some have a dog. Tomorrow I might go back to wax paper and waxed dirt. We are going to have a great week but I am still pulling before the MN deer opener.

Same here. More problems than I care to deal with. Might work great in wet weather but not wet/freezing weather. Going back to wax dirt as well.
Posted By: Bob

Re: Coyote Time #2 - 11/02/20 03:40 AM

Good looking coyotes! I’ll be setting this week, finally got everything else taken care of and all my traps prepped and ready. I do have to cut some shingles for bobcat sets but I got 14 days till that opens.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Coyote Time #2 - 11/02/20 04:59 AM

100 dollar coyotes last year! Keep em coming.
Posted By: weaselnut

Re: Coyote Time #2 - 11/02/20 05:52 AM

Looking good, congrats on your coyotes.
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Coyote Time #2 - 11/02/20 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by 20scout
Originally Posted by Birdman382

Same here. More problems than I care to deal with. Might work great in wet weather but not wet/freezing weather. Going back to wax dirt as well.

I ran the pipe method with screen and grass as well. Went right at a week and caught 10-1 on standard dirtholes with them as close as 10 feet. I try it every year and they just get out produced. We don't get piles of rain but even when we went through drizzle/sleet/snow and a hard freeze they still weren't worth the headaches. I gave them a solid week and back to being boring.

Marten Ted those are some beautifully furred dogs! Good going!
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Coyote Time #2 - 11/02/20 10:20 AM

looks great thanks for sharing
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Coyote Time #2 - 11/02/20 10:37 AM

Very nice pics thanks for sharing those!
Jim
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Coyote Time #2 - 11/02/20 12:02 PM

I love the pictures
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Coyote Time #2 - 11/02/20 01:42 PM

Nice catches
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Coyote Time #2 - 11/02/20 02:44 PM

You caught some nice coyotes and I hope you average $100 or more again this year
Posted By: Boco

Re: Coyote Time #2 - 11/02/20 03:01 PM

Hey Ted,dont forget to post pics of the pelts when they're all put up before you sell.
Love to look at Nice fur put up.
Posted By: Marten Ted

Re: Coyote Time #2 - 11/02/20 03:58 PM

Thanks all you guys! And will do Boco.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Coyote Time #2 - 11/02/20 07:11 PM

Nice looking country
© 2024 Trapperman Forums