Home

Good, Bad and Why??

Posted By: jeff karsten

Good, Bad and Why?? - 11/02/20 01:42 PM

Took the granddaughter to school this morning and noticed our school system is closed tomorrow I asked her and she said its Election Day ???? Now they had last Fri. off for "Inservice" and they'll have this Fri. off for PT conferences So why Nov. 3,
Is this New or just something to disrupt tomorrow even more
Posted By: Bob

Re: Good, Bad and Why?? - 11/02/20 01:58 PM

Interesting. I’ll have to see if my kids have it off, this is the first I’ve heard of it. I don’t think it’s a big deal either way. I mean with all the crazy we’ve had this year taking Election Day off from school doesn’t even register on the scale lol.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Good, Bad and Why?? - 11/02/20 02:01 PM

Are they using the school as a polling place? Some areas do.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Good, Bad and Why?? - 11/02/20 02:07 PM

Very possible SniperB Social distancing maybe
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Good, Bad and Why?? - 11/02/20 08:47 PM

Should be a universal day off, a national day off for voting, no excuses, get tired of hearing about how it's not possible to vote any more, its simply ridiculous.

No you don't get paid for it, you suffer what you cast your vote for, either its a good vote or its a bad one, do you due diligence and get educated before the day to vote !
Posted By: jk

Re: Good, Bad and Why?? - 11/02/20 08:52 PM

VOTE and I hope you sent a few dollars to your favorite choice. It is VERY expensive to run for office.....jk
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Good, Bad and Why?? - 11/02/20 08:59 PM

A lot of schools are polling places, that may be why they have the day off.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Good, Bad and Why?? - 11/02/20 09:01 PM

Just found out my kids are of tomorrow too
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Good, Bad and Why?? - 11/02/20 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by GritGuy
Should be a universal day off, a national day off for voting, no excuses, get tired of hearing about how it's not possible to vote any more, its simply ridiculous.

No you don't get paid for it, you suffer what you cast your vote for, either its a good vote or its a bad one, do you due diligence and get educated before the day to vote !

If they'd run just a few more political ads I'm sure folks would be well educated on who to vote for. frown
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Good, Bad and Why?? - 11/02/20 09:57 PM

should move to primarily in person or in person drop off only elections , with very limited absentee voting and make it a national holiday that Everyone has off

probably would have fewer people voting with absolutely no excuse , it would be interesting

should also make it easier to get poll workers who are not well past retirement age

a strong republic is build on participation in governance

the military vote should be staffed by volunteer poll workers from the base ,with forward operating bases and in field personnel being the only ones voting absentee and their ballots should be counted by the base they are deployed from poll workers the idea that service men and women votes are being trusted to show up on time through the mail is not right.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Good, Bad and Why?? - 11/02/20 10:10 PM

The inmates in prison cant be let out to vote-they have to vote by mail in.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Good, Bad and Why?? - 11/02/20 10:19 PM

Election day should be the FIRST holiday off, then fit in some of the others.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Good, Bad and Why?? - 11/02/20 10:36 PM

I do not have a problem with taking the day off as long and they make that day and the end of the year. Remember don't for get the snow days. JMO
Posted By: Bowwhitetail

Re: Good, Bad and Why?? - 11/03/20 12:12 AM

I never heard of this. Our grandkids are off school tomorrow.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums