Home

Anyone tried Klein tools head lamps ?

Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Anyone tried Klein tools head lamps ? - 11/02/20 07:09 PM

they have a few rechargeable by usb https://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-...mp;psc=1&refRID=M0GXH50MQJXH46SMSKYE

looking at those and Streamlight
https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-51064-Twin-Task-Headlamp-Black/dp/B077BT2XFV/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=TWIN-TASK%C2%AE+USB+HEADLAMP&qid=1604343933&sr=8-1

the Klein's look like they have a little more run time and are more suited to a hard hat which I find the most comfortable way to wear a head lamp Klein makes hard hats with mounts for their lights

Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Anyone tried Klein tools head lamps ? - 11/02/20 07:16 PM

Love mine

Re: Anyone tried Klein tools head lamps ? - 12/23/20 07:12 PM

I have had it a month now.

very nice light , clips right into the hard hat puts the light where every I am looking but it is out far enough with the brim that the light doesn't catch my glasses .

3 settings and 3 run times

1 is a bright high spot light 215 lumen they claim 9 hours on a full charge

2 is a flood bright but uses less power longer run time , doesn't have the distance but anything in about 20 feet is fairly well lit up. 100 lumen 14 hours on full charge

3 is boost both flood and spot high power , less run time 300 lumen 4 hours on full charge

these are the claims I got close to a week on a charge it has a nice feature when you are running and it is nearing done with the power it flashes the light about 4-5 times then drops to the 100 lumen lowest power consumption I don't know how much longer it will run that way but so far more than 15 minutes.

I probably look strange walking around with a hard hat on but there are few tasks I can't do in the dark while wearing it , it is that bright. I probably look a little odd splitting kindling in the dark or shoveling and other tasks but it gets light as I get to work and dark as I get out of work this time of year it's nice to get some things done outside.

my children do complain I am blinding them when I carry in a load of firewood and I still have it on , I remind them if they carried in the firewood during the day when the sun was out I would not have to.

the light also has a magnet on it so when I charge I just stick it on the side of the file cabinet where my USB charging station is , I could also charge it in the truck it could be charging off the truck if I was using it away from home.

the hard hat is ok , a little small for me but it said it only fit to a size 8 head

the hard hat makes it comfortable to wear it has a front and back molded in socket to attach the light. you could easily carry a spare and change them out when it starts to flash.

my old light was a streamlight it was small and light but it was about 100 lumen flood on high and it had only an hour run time like that.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Anyone tried Klein tools head lamps ? - 12/23/20 07:19 PM

Pete are you wearing the hardhat while you're trapping?

Mike

Re: Anyone tried Klein tools head lamps ? - 12/23/20 07:25 PM

haven't done much trapping this year but yes so much more comfortable to have the light on a hard hat than a tight strap that rides up on my head.

if I do any trapping in the dark this year yes I will be that guy wandering around in a hard hat with the light on the front.

I mounted the stream light to my old forestry helmet a few years ago and have used it many times splitting , stacking or hauling wood in the dark.

this is a lot more light and a very handy mount , I may get a second light so that I have a spare.

I don't need the hard hat obviously but it holds the light nice and is comfortable

years ago I had to wear a hard hat all day , they are comfortable enough it isn't an issue.

it's so functional I can get over looking stupid
Posted By: iaduckhntr

Re: Anyone tried Klein tools head lamps ? - 12/23/20 09:40 PM

Is your hard hat pink or blue? LOL
Dennis

Re: Anyone tried Klein tools head lamps ? - 12/23/20 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by iaduckhntr
Is your hard hat pink or blue? LOL
Dennis

white , I am an electrical engineer and it was the only color they sold them in being an electricians tool company

go ahead and laugh at wearing a hard hat when you aren't required. go ahead and strap that elastic around your head for a few hours
© 2024 Trapperman Forums