The Stock Markets are speaking

Posted By: Anonymous

The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/04/20 12:56 PM

Even as they count votes.
grin

Waaaayyyyy up in pre-market.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/04/20 01:04 PM

They best not get too confident yet! They stopped counting votes at 11:00 last night for a good reason, and it's not because they were tired.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/04/20 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
They best not get too confident yet! They stopped counting votes at 11:00 last night for a good reason, and it's not because they were tired.

some did
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/04/20 01:54 PM

Covid cases are up and rising, even with a Trump win Democrat Governors can stall out many states economies by instituting lock downs again. Watching this one from the sidelines
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/04/20 03:45 PM

IMO, two things hurt Trump. The pandemic was disastrous. If not for Covid19, he would have had an easy win. He had accomplished a lot amid 4 years of never ending harassment from the left and main stream media.

The other thing that really hurt him was his tweeting. He refused to listen to his advisors who told him to stay off twitter.
Posted By: white17

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/04/20 03:52 PM

The market is just glad it is nearly over. Even better, they are glad that no matter who is president, overall government will be divided.

The best we can hope for is a government that can do little harm because it is not unified against us.
Posted By: Redknot

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/04/20 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
IMO, two things hurt Trump. The pandemic was disastrous. If not for Covid19, he would have had an easy win. He had accomplished a lot amid 4 years of never ending harassment from the left and main stream media.

The other thing that really hurt him was his tweeting. He refused to listen to his advisors who told him to stay off twitter.

***********Yup....
Posted By: Kre

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/04/20 04:08 PM

The market is glad the Senate is not controlled by the Dems. Rather, there are checks in place that will prevent extreme stupid.

It makes the president a moot point, in many respects
Posted By: yukon254

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/04/20 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by white17
The market is just glad it is nearly over. Even better, they are glad that no matter who is president, overall government will be divided.

The best we can hope for is a government that can do little harm because it is not unified against us.

This ^ is indeed true. The next few years will be a tough go though.
Posted By: Boco

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/04/20 04:23 PM

I'd say the writing is on the wall which way the demographic is creeping and what lies ahead a few years down the road..
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/04/20 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
I'd say the writing is on the wall which way the demographic is creeping and what lies ahead a few years down the road..

Right and it's not good.
Posted By: Lazarus

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/04/20 04:36 PM

Unfortunately, the stock market is not counting the votes in NV, MI and WI. If Biden wins those three (as he's looking like he will), then its over.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/04/20 04:37 PM

I agree , no silver lining here.

We were already on a road to disaster before Trump .

Trump was a nice pitstop , a time to prepare

If he pulls this out it will be another good 4 yrs

If Biden wins it's full speed ahead towards the cliff
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/04/20 05:14 PM

People say volumes when they spend or invest their money- good point Mark

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/04/20 05:25 PM

Jerome Powell is far more important to the market than either Trump or Biden
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/04/20 05:43 PM

I'm much more concerned about how the Supreme Court has failed to protect the Constitution and therefore the American people, especially rural Americans than what the stock market is doing today. All the money in the world won't make me happy if I can't live like I want.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/04/20 07:40 PM

Jerome Powell is far more important to the market than either Trump or Biden

Going to have to raise interest rates to slow down this booming economy. 33% is ten times the target of 3%. smile
Posted By: newhouse114

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/04/20 08:25 PM

Fox is calling (almost) Wisconsin for Biden
Posted By: bjansma

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/04/20 10:01 PM

Gun stocks(ruger and smith and wesson) and Sportsman warehouse down over 10% today.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/05/20 06:28 PM

[Linked Image]

Up nearly 2000 this week...
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/05/20 06:31 PM

True about the tweeting
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/05/20 06:47 PM

Tweeting didn’t hurt anything. The stupid people of these united states hurt themselves.
Posted By: proratman

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/05/20 06:47 PM

And the third thing that hurt him was not reponding to the advice of Dr Burke and Dr Fauci. A lot of republicans wrote in Mitt Romney because of Trump turning his back on this pandemic. If he would have acted in a reponsible manner, he would have already had his victory celebration.

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/05/20 06:52 PM

Coming from New York. Go figure.
Faucci was an expert puppet that changed his mind once a week.

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/05/20 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by proratman

And the third thing that hurt him was not reponding to the advice of Dr Burke and Dr Fauci. A lot of republicans wrote in Mitt Romney because of Trump turning his back on this pandemic. If he would have acted in a reponsible manner, he would have already had his victory celebration.

Just further proof that a lot of Americans are morons.
Posted By: TC1

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/05/20 09:32 PM

I still can not wrap my head around the fact that so many on this site choose chains over freedom. Outdoorsmen that choose to vote for some "write in" nominee may just as well have voted for the team that openly have stated they want to take away our 2nd amendment freedoms. When you are GROWING UP, you learn that a unified team is stronger than a divided one. Sure things may not always go the way you want, but you are all working together for the collective good. Being butt hurt and undercutting the team has always seemed childish to me. There, rant over...

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/05/20 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by TC1
I still can not wrap my head around the fact that so many on this site choose chains over freedom. Outdoorsmen that choose to vote for some "write in" nominee may just as well have voted for the team that openly have stated they want to take away our 2nd amendment freedoms. When you are GROWING UP, you learn that a unified team is stronger than a divided one. Sure things may not always go the way you want, but you are all working together for the collective good. Being butt hurt and undercutting the team has always seemed childish to me. There, rant over...

Yup........it's like watching a dog fight a coon, and putting your money on the cat that's watching from the tree.

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/05/20 10:15 PM

The Trump tweet is the only unedited words from his mouth

He just says what we all think

It's straight up truth , no PC , no wondering what he really thinks

Thank God for the tweet ...

I guess some want a prez full of _hit
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 12:04 AM

the stock market along with 72M+ americans glad to see trump about to lose

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 12:05 AM

You are dreaming !
Posted By: Nd native

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
[Linked Image]

Bitcoin is booming because Biden is about to super dilute the dollar. Bitcoin is a hedge against inflation. Many wealthy investors have been legitimizing bitcoin lately and are starting to warm to it as well. Now they have more motivation.
Posted By: Dana I

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by ILcooner

No the stock market is glad that the senate is remaining republican controlled, it all but guarantees governmental gridlock for at least 2 years if Biden wins. The stock market likes gridlock.
Posted By: Fatheroftwo

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 12:30 AM

Trump led us through the longest bull market in history, I don’t think Biden will top that. Though the dems will come up with excuses as to why the stock market tanks, blame trump more than likely. The media will agree and kiss the lefts tush for the next 4 years like they did Obama and Clinton.

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Dana I

No the stock market is glad that the senate is remaining republican controlled, it all but guarantees governmental gridlock for at least 2 years if Biden wins. The stock market likes gridlock.

Exactly !

Only a juvenile would believe that the market favors higher taxes and more regulation ! Ridiculous !
Posted By: Posco

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 12:55 AM

Only a juvenile would believe that the market favors higher taxes and more regulation ! Ridiculous !

I admire that. You're being kind and show great restraint.
Posted By: James

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 01:01 AM

What the market hates is uncertainty. Once the winner is certain, whichever man it is, the market will go up.

Jim

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 01:06 AM

I agree Jim !! At least for a while. Then, if it's Biden you will see a sell off because of the tax issues, and regulations.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 01:12 AM

crazy

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 01:29 AM

I'm beginning to think that every now and then the boss releases a sheep into the Lions den just for the fun of it

[Linked Image]
Posted By: James

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 02:46 AM

I agree Jim !! At least for a while. Then, if it's Biden you will see a sell off because of the tax issues, and regulations.

I agree with you too!

See, there are things we can agree on.

Jim
Posted By: waggler

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by TC1

x2
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Nd native
[Linked Image]

Bitcoin is booming because Biden is about to super dilute the dollar. Bitcoin is a hedge against inflation. Many wealthy investors have been legitimizing bitcoin lately and are starting to warm to it as well. Now they have more motivation.

Wont matter who wins the dollar will be super diluted, it's been happening for over a year.

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 12:30 PM

Except that Trump won. That's why the swing states quit counting the votes at 11:00. Now they're trying to pull cards out of their sleeves for Biden. This will be decided in the Supreme Court.

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 01:39 PM

Bitcoin nearly hit 16000 last night. Back to 15500 atm
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by proratman

Wow. I bet you also sided with the Democrats way back when this first started and went against Trump when he talked about blocking visitors from Chinia.

You also have a short memory than can't remember what someone said a week to the next.Facui changed his recomendations ever few weeks, often recommending the opposite of his recomendations from a few weeks before.

You also must have no personal experience with covid and buy into what the media tells you. My mother in her 60s with cancer and on radiation and chemotherapy got covid. So did my mother-in-law in her 60s with heart and lung problems. I was exposed for days of close contact as was my father in law.

If you believe the media my mother and mother-in-law should be dead and I should have easily contracted it. But they are both fine got over it like a cold in a week or 2. I never got it nor did my FATHER-IN-LAW. I was tested 2 times.

Now I got 100% conflicting instructions between the Dr and health departments during my quarantines. The health department told me different things daily contradicting the day before.

But somehow you seem to believed someone else would handle it better? It's easy to arm chair quarterback and complane. Getting solutions and a plan is much harder especially when the recomendations change repetitively. Ther is no magic wand and saying do something is not a plan.

Edit: I agree tweeting hurt and covid is the only reason Democrats were even in the running.
Posted By: Actor

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 02:41 PM

Well said Providence Farm... The only thing I have to add is for as long as I can remember, Republicans have been asking why Republicans in ALL offices wouldn't stand up to the loud-mouthed, obnoxious Democrats. Only once in my memory have we ever had anyone that came close and that was Reagan. Now when we finally get someone in office that has the guts to stand up to the whinny-butts, they say it is too much. Maybe Trump got carried away a few times, but when he did... I cheered him on.

Garry-
Posted By: nate

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 05:36 PM

You can have your fauci burke kanela and basement boy what a JOKE I'LL never have any redpect.for them.

Trump is for American and American's
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
I'm beginning to think that every now and then the boss releases a sheep into the Lions den just for the fun of it

[Linked Image]

Sheep? How bout a whole flock of them! Where are they all coming from? How can a trapper or outdoorsman be happy about this election?

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 08:09 PM

They likely see the fur market coming back when the Trump trade war with the biggest consumer of our fur ends,

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 08:18 PM

They likely see the fur market coming back when the Trump trade war with the biggest consumer of our fur ends,

The sheep we're talking about don't trap

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 08:20 PM

Pretty sure even Biden can't make oil prices go to 200 a barrel that would be required to seriously help fur prices

*This assumes relatively stable USD strength.

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 10:01 PM

Pretty sure even Biden can't make oil prices go to 200 a barrel that would be required to seriously help fur prices

I'm not sure any President controls the price of Oil. I know prices were good under the last one.
Posted By: rex123

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 10:31 PM

Bit coin went up because the feds took a million dollars worth out of circulation. It had been sitting in an account since they shut down the silk road.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by rex123
Bit coin went up because the feds took a million dollars worth out of circulation. It had been sitting in an account since they shut down the silk road.

Bitcoin has a total combined value of 160 Billion, a million taken out of circulation is not even news worthy.

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 10:44 PM

Sorry to upset you but it did make the news .It was on market watch and they said it drove the price of bit coin up. But what do they know?

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 11:00 PM

It wasn't a million, it was a billion. Those coins had been sitting idle for some time. Once the Feds finish the confiscation process they will be sold back into circulation.

Marktwatch doesnt have a clue, gold and silver went up this week as well. I don't think any was taken out of circulation.

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 11:14 PM

Sorry about the amount. Market watch doesn't have a clue and you no more than them because you get your investing advice from?

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 11:26 PM

I don't get my bitcoin "advice" from market watch.

Those coins haven't been in circulation since at least 2015, once the Feds seizure process is complete they will be auctioned back to the public.

In essence the feds will be putting them back into circulation.

Bitcoin is up over 400 percent from it's low in March. See the trend?

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 11:32 PM

If you look at all the other cryptos, they are all surging this week.

There are several dedicated news sites related to cryptos that have better info.

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 11:47 PM

Could you post one? I would really like to find out more information.

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt

I'm not sure any President controls the price of Oil. I know prices were good under the last one.

You know what I meant. Certain policies and wild spending, not that Trump spent like a drunken sailor like everybody else, could send oil soaring.

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/06/20 11:57 PM

Could you post one? I would really like to find out more information.

coindesk.com
decrypt.co <<not a typo
theblockcrypto.com

those are the main ones

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/07/20 12:24 AM

The last one (meaning Obama) $100/ barrel

Trump spent like a drunken sailor like the last guy ( meaning Obama). Deficit spending, they both excelled at. The next one will too. The one after him also. We are on a path.

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/07/20 12:34 AM

Thanks.
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/07/20 12:41 AM

I agree with Dirt. The mob will settle for nothing less.

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/07/20 12:41 AM

Could someone post a pic of a bitcoin? I might start a bitcoin bank on my counter.

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/07/20 12:43 AM

Same people that have been killing us off with the virus they released.

Screw ‘em.

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/07/20 12:48 AM

Screw'em.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/07/20 01:08 AM

With a very big screw!
Posted By: white marlin

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/07/20 01:17 AM

you're delusional.

the wild fur market was in the tank long before Trump took office.

read: ranched fur.
Posted By: Andy27

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/07/20 01:21 AM

^^Was the fur market not good then in say 2013-2015ish. Quite sure it was with my own experience. Many of our furs were being purchased from China. That’s a fact.

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/07/20 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Andy27
^^Was the fur market not good then in say 2013-2015ish. Quite sure it was with my own experience. Many of our furs were being purchased from China. That’s a fact.

We were also 80-100 dollar a barrel in oil and the Russian Ruble was twice as strong than it is now

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/07/20 01:59 AM

And the chinese fur buyers were cheating the chinese import tarriffs on the fur they were bringing in till they got caught and then things crashed.

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/07/20 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by white marlin

you're delusional.

the wild fur market was in the tank long before Trump took office.

read: ranched fur.

No, you're delusional.
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/07/20 02:09 AM

To borrow a phrase from White17, " Andy is inexperienced. "

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/07/20 11:16 AM

That's putting it nicely. Pretty sure Andy would like for Biden to sniff his hair.
Posted By: Andy27

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/07/20 11:26 AM

That's putting it nicely. Pretty sure Andy would like for Biden to sniff his hair.

Take a hike Gary. Your guy lost, and he knew he was going to. Take your ball and go home. He and you have been whimpering for months about a possible loss, and luckily it came true. Have a great day..
Posted By: woodtick

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/07/20 11:46 AM

You 'mericans are funny and amusing as heck to watch..lol
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/07/20 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Andy27

Take a hike Gary. Your guy lost, and he knew he was going to. Take your ball and go home. He and you have been whimpering for months about a possible loss, and luckily it came true. Have a great day..

An actual biden supporter, folks. Sad, but true.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/07/20 11:51 AM

It’s not going to be good 4 years. Wait till Kamala takes over when Biden gets put out to pasture

Re: The Stock Markets are speaking - 11/07/20 12:14 PM

Apparently Andy's mommy doesn't let him play with guns.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums