Home

Alternate sites to FB

Posted By: warrior

Alternate sites to FB - 11/06/20 11:40 PM

Since I seem to have drawn the ire of the FB algorithm with rolling bans popping up every few days for something said or posted months ago I figure I might regain the ability to post sometime during the second Harris administration.
Unfortunately I've grown accustomed to using that platform for local communications with like minded groups and individuals. I also used it to communicate with the members of associations I am an officer of as well as several pages for my business.
I'm looking for an alternative for the same use without having the commissars of SJW tossing free thinking individuals into the gulag.

I'm already on parler but parler appears to be modeled on Twitter of which I'm also on but I've never mastered or fully understood just how to twit.
I've also recently discovered discord and it seems quite discordant to me.
I'm also aware of something called 4chan but my reading up on it seems to indicate it might not be for me either.

Any suggestions?
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Alternate sites to FB - 11/06/20 11:42 PM

There's mewe.

Discord is more private
Posted By: timbremn

Re: Alternate sites to FB - 11/06/20 11:42 PM

I like Trapperman
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Alternate sites to FB - 11/06/20 11:45 PM

4Chan is the wild west of free thinkers and Autistic nutcases. You'll find everything there from brilliant political analysis to live streams of shootings. I'll PM you the link to the section you would be interested in.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Alternate sites to FB - 11/06/20 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by timbremn
I like Trapperman

I do to but I'm already trying the boss' patience with my penchant for discussing current events. I'd rather not get on his bad side.
Posted By: run

Re: Alternate sites to FB - 11/06/20 11:53 PM

Snap chat. Garage journal.com whatsapp. The list goes on.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Alternate sites to FB - 11/07/20 12:05 AM

Parlor is the best that Ive found.
Posted By: pappy t

Re: Alternate sites to FB - 11/07/20 12:11 AM

I left Facebook a couple years ago. Went to MeWe.com. You can post what you want and they don't care. No adds and it's free.

Re: Alternate sites to FB - 11/07/20 12:15 AM

MeWe you can do your normal groups like you do on Facebook and it has a chatroom on the other side of the group so you can have some of the offtopic discussions off to the side a bit.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Alternate sites to FB - 11/07/20 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by yukon254
Parlor is the best that Ive found.

Levin has been encouraging this parlor

Due to censorship from a z book

Re: Alternate sites to FB - 11/07/20 12:23 AM

I think everyone having issues with Twitter are advocating for Parler. Problem is that then leads to the complaints of parler only being populated by those on the right so they dont pay attention to it. Nasty circle.

Re: Alternate sites to FB - 11/07/20 12:33 AM

Made a test trapping discord channel if anyone's interested

https://discord.gg/yJaGwsA5NF
Posted By: virgil1972

Re: Alternate sites to FB - 11/07/20 01:42 AM

I joined the discord.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Alternate sites to FB - 11/07/20 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by warrior
Originally Posted by timbremn
I like Trapperman

I do to but I'm already trying the boss' patience with my penchant for discussing current events. I'd rather not get on his bad side.

I share your sentiments, it would be nice to have a category here for controversial topics.
Iron sharpens iron you know.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums