Home

Kids in the deer blind

Posted By: Blaine County

Kids in the deer blind - 11/08/20 01:13 PM

Someone should do a study on the average time it takes for a kid to fall asleep in a hunting blind.

Sitting here with my son hog hunting. He is crashed, head back, mouth open and snoring. I guess he knows dad will wake him up if something good happens.

It does give me a chance to check T Man.

Re: Kids in the deer blind - 11/08/20 01:25 PM

Update. Woke him up and we now have 2 less hogs.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Kids in the deer blind - 11/08/20 01:30 PM

Good job. Mine normally stay awake but loose focus. I have taped them to get there attention and asked if they were going to shoot that deer or not.

Re: Kids in the deer blind - 11/08/20 01:36 PM

That would be my 7 year old. He announced after a hunt earlier this fall that he's not ready to sit still or stop talking and that we should try again next year.
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: Kids in the deer blind - 11/08/20 02:58 PM

I have had to wake a couple kids up. Most seem to be out in the first 5-10 minutes.

That being said I have also woken up in the middle of the woods when it was dark out and struggled to remember if I was out for the morning hunt or the evening hunt lol.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Kids in the deer blind - 11/08/20 03:31 PM

Most kids are on there devices until 3 in the morning playing some sort of video game or on social media. Most kids are operating on a huge sleep deficit, I don't know how they do it.
Not saying that yours is, just a general observation.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Kids in the deer blind - 11/08/20 04:28 PM

Daddy brought me coloring books or even books to read to help keep me still and quiet.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Kids in the deer blind - 11/08/20 04:32 PM

Most kids about 30 seconds grin
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: Kids in the deer blind - 11/08/20 04:43 PM

I have pictures of The Boy asleep on a knoll with his head on a stump last year. During a still hunt lol. I think if they stop moving their body shuts down immediately. I think I have pictures from every hunt we've ever been on sleeping. In goose blinds, in tree stands, in the truck before the hunt, on the stump, and leaned against trees. I could probably write a Dr. Seuss type book Oh the places you've slept
Posted By: charles

Re: Kids in the deer blind - 11/08/20 04:50 PM

Used to take my dog into box blinds. Instantly went to sleep, but wide awake if I moved. Her goal in life was to find a deer.p
Posted By: charles

Re: Kids in the deer blind - 11/08/20 04:58 PM

Worst I have ever been lost was when I fell asleep and a low flying fighter jet awoke me. I was turned around and walked the wrong way for a hour. Found a path and didn’t know which way to go. Then found a large field in the woods, then another path with tractor tire marks. Came to a highway and did not know what to do. A log truck rescued me. Missed lunch that day.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Kids in the deer blind - 11/08/20 06:35 PM

Congrats on the hogs!
Posted By: Trapper Bo

Re: Kids in the deer blind - 11/08/20 10:13 PM

Oh man! I love that update! Had me laughing out loud
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Kids in the deer blind - 11/08/20 11:37 PM

Been there myself
Posted By: doug2000

Re: Kids in the deer blind - 11/08/20 11:50 PM

our son could not keep him awake for nothing in the blind 3rd yr a big ten point came along tried to get him up he just grunted and continued to sleep he was13 so I shot it that woke him up he has never went to sleep in the blind since
Posted By: JTfromWV

Re: Kids in the deer blind - 11/09/20 12:02 AM

Usually by their mid-teens you can get them to stay awake while you sleep and wake you when they see something. wink
Posted By: Posco

Re: Kids in the deer blind - 11/09/20 12:13 AM

I took my nieces boy out a few years back. We got on stand well before daylight and it didn't take him long to fall asleep. I let him lay until it was light enough to see. Just after daybreak he woke, stood up, stretched, yawned, looked this way and that and said "Well, it looks like we got burned."
© 2024 Trapperman Forums