Home

See ya FaceBook

Posted By: Anonymous

See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 03:36 AM

The Mrs. called me today and that's it. Done. Off the Facebook.
I'm not really ever on it anyway. The ladies are uniting.
Called our investment dude today and sold the position they had us in for FB also.
He asked why and I told him we're getting real tight as we are and who we are not supporting here on out. Like animal rights people have done for years and years.
Se ya Faciebook.

Posted By: Scout1

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 03:38 AM

Great on you!
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 03:41 AM

Respect that wisdom...I never signed up.
Posted By: furstroker

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 03:45 AM

Good on ya! We never subscribed to fascistbook.
I was scared of the exes and what pain they could have tried to bring
to my marriage.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 03:45 AM

Good for you -- I have never been on Faceplant and never will be - other family members are however. I have also decided to start learning the political leanings of the companies and people that i do business with -- if you are liberal do not expect to see any of my money or use any of my services.

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by H2ORat
Good for you -- I have never been on Faceplant and never will be - other family members are however. I have also decided to start learning the political leanings of the companies and people that i do business with -- if you are liberal do not expect to see any of my money or use any of my services.

I agree with you on all. Make another post quick! You are caught
on a post number, and im goofy.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 03:49 AM

Real close to closing mine too....just talked to the wife about it tonight ....lol

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Real close to closing mine too....just talked to the wife about it tonight too....lol

My wife went from 0 > 100 this week thinking about her kids and grandkids. DO NOT off a Polish gal who is a mom and gmom.
Trust me, been on that bus. Not a good stop.

cry

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 03:52 AM

It's not just Zburg. He has 55,000 employees that need a lesson in economics as they restrict those who know the real world.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 03:52 AM

Other than ads, how is Facebook so different than Trapperman?

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park

JP. IC you're from Canda, but that Q is from another planet.

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 03:54 AM

the morals and values of the ownership. Plain to see .
Posted By: warrior

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 03:55 AM

As soon as they quit giving me a new 30 day sentence every few days I'm going in salvage what I can and pulling up stakes. Got to figure out what to do with my business pages and club pages but will probably be shutting those down as well.

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 03:55 AM

Well and they have 52,388 more employees than BossMan has.
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 03:57 AM

Mark
I quit Farcebook 4 years ago and deleted my account completely but still get spam emails that someone has signed on to my account from a different device.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mark June

JP. IC you're from Canda, but that Q is from another planet.

Let’s go on Trapperman and talk about Facebook lol.

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by Leary Sink
Mark
I quit Farcebook 4 years ago and deleted my account completely but still get spam emails that someone has signed on to my account from a different device.

Interesting. Careful of your gmail if you have that as we do. Backdoor crooks hack in and watch your emails. I check my log every day and make sure the recognized devices are the only ones in my account. They go into your email and insert a "forwarding address" to read your mail and then resend it back to you.
Posted By: Dale Verts

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 04:03 AM

I have an account. As much as I hate technology (I don't own a cell phone) Facebook (I call it "Fecesbook" 'cuz everyone goes there to poop) is our best outlet for advertising for our restaurant. Other than that I have very little participation with them. In fact, the only reason I have the laptop that I'm typing on is because of my restaurant. So, someday, when I'm finished with feeding folks, it'll all go away. I don't need any of it.

It will be a glorious day.

Dale
Posted By: yukon254

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 04:05 AM

November 13th is the date set by thousands of patriots to leave FB. They are moving to Parler, and or Mewe. Mewe has the best security of them all. They wont sell or give your info to anyone.

Facebook has been good for our business, but we're leaving too. You have to take a stand somewhere. The censorship has been unreal the last few weeks.

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 04:14 AM

I officially have the most boring fb account on planet earth. I've been trying for 6 months to delete it but it won't go away. How does one complete this complex feat that befuddles me?

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by furstroker
Originally Posted by H2ORat

on a post number, and im goofy.

?????

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by bleeohio
I officially have the most boring fb account on planet earth. I've been trying for 6 months to delete it but it won't go away. How does one complete this complex feat that befuddles me?

Ive heard its impossible. Guess I will be finding out.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 04:27 AM

Is this a real question ?
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 04:34 AM

I've been off FB for a year- pee in their libtard ways
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by yukon254
Originally Posted by bleeohio

Ive heard its impossible. Guess I will be finding out.

I couldn't figure it out. So 5 years ago I eased all my friends and picture and changed my user name to something stupid like John brown. I also quit using the email that was connect to it. I couldn't log in now if I wanted to no idea of any passwords or even the old email address.

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 04:45 AM

November 13th is the date set by thousands of patriots to leave FB. They are moving to Parler, and or Mewe. Mewe has the best security of them all. They wont sell or give your info to anyone.

Facebook has been good for our business, but we're leaving too. You have to take a stand somewhere. The censorship has been unreal the last few weeks.

November 13 it will be.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 04:49 AM

A lot of my Facebook friends just set up Parler accounts. I set up a Parler account a few months ago, when Ken told me about it, but have not looked at Parler since. I think the Facebook exodus will be shortlived, unless someone creates a very well thought out, easy to use, conservative, social media platform.

A lot of my Facebook friends say they are switching from Fox News to OAN News too. OAN is good but very small still online. I don't know if their station is better.

Keith
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 05:43 AM

sorry to say but facebook & ALL big tech are not our friends
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 05:47 AM

And fox news
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 09:38 AM

i never signed up. irritates my kids but you dont miss what you never had. i do have a cell phone.

phone number here at the house is the same number i got in 87. the same number they grew up with. so its not like they cant get a hold of me. i probably should set up the answering machine i guess.
Posted By: James

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 09:58 AM

So what has FB done to offend?

Jim
Posted By: Fatheroftwo

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 10:04 AM

What did Facebook do now? I’ve been on there since 2005. I’d love to delete my account but to get 25 years of photos off of there would be a lot of work. Need to just do the work and delete my account.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by James
So what has FB done to offend?

Jim

Did tow the line of exactly what some people want.

There's plenty of very conservative FB group. This is just more whining.... Just like the snowflakes did in 2016.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 10:55 AM

Now we're being preached to about acceptance and unity and accepting the results........... by the same people who refused acceptance and unity and results for 4 years.
Lying dogfaced pony soldiers.

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 11:03 AM

Seriously, can someone post here, if it doesn't violate the rules, some of these posts that FB didn't want on their site? Warrior?

Is FB really censoring opinions, or are they just getting rid of phony facts and junk conspiracy theories?

Mark? What has FB done to get you so riled?

Jim
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 11:35 AM

It's not just Zburg. He has 55,000 employees that need a lesson in economics as they restrict those who know the real world.

Yep im on about day 20 of a 30 day stint in the FB jail, lol. They dug way back to find a post to restrict my account since i don't ' meet their community standards', lol.

Did same thing to several people i know who were big Trump supporter's a month before the election, was obvious to see what they were doing. Communism at it's finest.
Posted By: hippie

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 11:40 AM

Never had it and glad I don't.

It was fun watching them act stupid when asked by Senators why they allow leaders from communist countries to post without scrutiny but attack conservatives posts. Taking down the N.Y. posts article about Biden's laptop should be all ya need to know as to how crooked they are.
Posted By: hippie

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 11:42 AM

Seriously, can someone post here, if it doesn't violate the rules, some of these posts that FB didn't want on their site? Warrior?

Is FB really censoring opinions, or are they just getting rid of phony facts and junk conspiracy theories?

Jim

Have you been in a coma for the last 6 months?

Just type in ...Facebook censorship... You'll have more info than we'll look up for ya.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 11:51 AM

Been a holdout from day one. Was never sure how I would face folks that asked to be friend me if I did sign up...and what if I didn't want them to be my Facebook friends. How do you gracefully deny relatives? Tman is about as social as I want to get, ever. I'd be tman friends with any one of you before I'd be a Facebook friend with most folks. I'll call you or text you if I like you, and the conversation stays in our small circle not out there for the whole world to hunt me down and find ways to make connections.
Ive always taken a great deal of pride in fact that if I Google my own name it takes me over 40 pages in the search results before I found anything about me specifically. I like it that way and work hard to keep it that way. I have a ton of friends...but I call or stop by to see them, I love to stay connected the old fashioned way I guess.

One of my all time favorite quotes was from Charles Dickens.
"Electric communication will never be a substitute for the face of someone who with their soul encourages another person to be brave and true."

The man was way ahead of his time.

Jim

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 11:59 AM

on a post number, and im goofy. [/quote]
?????[/quote]

You were on the devil's number for your post count.
I just happened to notice. Told ya im goofy!
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 12:08 PM

Jim

No just the opposite actually. And it's not just what they "get rid of" it's a lot more complicated than that. They censor hunting and trapping stuff, they give traction to liberal opinions and do not allow conservative opinions to be seen by many people. They have algorithms which simply increase the reach what they want people to see and reduce the reach of what they do not. It's all basically done by algorithms so there's no way to say that's it's actually a violation of free speech, but it certainly is the suppression of speech they do not agree with. Youtube - same thing. It's even true if you are paying them to boost a post. It's unbelievable that they get away with it, but there's nothing that can be done that I can see. I will no longer give them a dime. I have only spent maybe $2000 advertising with facebook over the last few years, but it's impossible to get your money's worth on anything hunting or trapping related anymore.

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 12:15 PM

Jim

Answer: Get me wife upset.

Question: James, do you support PETA? They love puppies you know.

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 12:26 PM

People for the Eating of Tasty Animals? I'm a big fan.

Jim
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 12:33 PM

I got rid of it a year ago. I was tired of people getting a new possession (like a dishwasher) and doing the #blessed crap. Also people self promoting themselves, kids, dressed up pets, etc. was highly annoying.

Oh yeah, its an echo chamber of ideas. It tells you how to think and makes people intellectually lazy. Another conservative site will likely have the same result.

Eliminate all social media from your life. You won't miss it.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 12:34 PM

Don’t have Facebook but Neal Cuvato made me so mad yesterday that I deleted my Fox News app!! I never figured I’d do that. Hello News Max TV and web here I come. We also called and canceled Dish network.
Posted By: rvsask

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 12:44 PM

Facebook has long been using algorithms to keep you on their page. That’s the reason you see so much anti Trump stuff if you’re left, anti Biden if you’re on the right. You make them money. I don’t do Facebook but my wife does, she shows me a lot of right leaning stuff simply bc we are in a more conservative part of Canada.

You can find a lot of info about Facebook censorship with a google search. I enjoyed “The Real News About Fake News” from Nieman lab, a Center media group. It quotes Senator Mike Lee as saying fact checking is a form of sensorship. eek
It also suggest a couple hundred thousand more right leaning pages than left.

I say anyone getting rid of Facebook is wise but if you think taking yourself to another platform isn’t about padding their pockets more than anything about you, I’d say you’re dreaming.

The article from Nieman is a good read, however I suspect it’d be labelled fake news by so many who want it to be so.
Posted By: goatman

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 01:24 PM

Dumped Facebook when Barry was reelected. Dumped Instagram just the other day. They are a part of Facebook. I did enjoy the hunting and fishing pics without the crap.
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 01:40 PM

dropped it a few years ago, you won't miss it Mark.

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 01:51 PM

I go on it about three times a year because the Mrs. say we have messages piled up on our markjuneslures page. She uses it some. I'm a Tman'er as my onlining.
I always feel bad anyway on FB when someone asks me a Q and I answer them 5 month later grin
Posted By: MySide 🦝

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June
I go on it about three times a year because the Mrs. say we have messages piled up on our markjuneslures page. She uses it some. I'm a Tman'er as my onlining.
I always feel bad anyway on FB when someone asks me a Q and I answer them 5 month later grin

lol
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 02:05 PM

I wish i had a FB account to cancel on the 13 th
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 02:17 PM

I deactivated the other day. I will delete on the 13th.
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 03:13 PM

I turned mine off Sunday. Its tough. I really miss looking at stuff for sale.
Posted By: Michael Morris

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 03:19 PM

Remember, there is a difference in deactivating and deleting. Deactivated mine for years, deleted it this past year. Good Riddance.
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by OhioBoy
I turned mine off Sunday. Its tough. I really miss looking at stuff for sale.

I can only remember buying things twice from adds on Facebook. The weather stripping stuff took 6 months to arrive and the very special Dewalt package that I ordered got substituted with a real nice Finger fidget spinner. I won’t miss it at all! Lol
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Morris
Remember, there is a difference in deactivating and deleting. Deactivated mine for years, deleted it this past year. Good Riddance.

How come your not twapping, boyson?
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 04:43 PM

My wife signed me up for Facebook about 10 years ago. I have never logged on, if that's what you do. I kept getting these emails from Facebook saying, "A lot has happened since you were last on Facebook." That's funny since I've never been on Facebook. Now, I just added it to my junk mail to stop from getting this message.

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 04:52 PM

Facebook adds worked really well for those of us in the outfitting business so it will be hard to leave that behind, but were going too.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 04:55 PM

Facebook adds worked really well for those of us in the outfitting business so it will be hard to leave that behind, but were going too.

I'm curious what you have done that has been succesful, because it's become really tough for me to justify the ROI for facebook ads and it just keeps getting worse. 5 years ago, I could get pretty good traction by boosting posts, now it's a joke. What kinds of ads have you been using?
Posted By: Michael Morris

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/10/20 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Originally Posted by Michael Morris

How come your not twapping, boyson?

I can't legally start until the 15th. Then it is on like donkey kong!

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/12/20 02:47 PM

The momentum of the people grows....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/12/20 02:56 PM

I keep in touch with people I have gotten to know from all over the place as I have been around the block once or twice. Yet I am still contemplating to leave that place the important ones have my e mail if they need to get ahold of me I guess.
Posted By: rex123

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/12/20 03:01 PM

Left awhile back.

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/12/20 03:06 PM

We believe in the opportunity to choose.

Shoe on the other foot, progressives wouldn't been able to wait to leave for days like this.
They'd have left in 10 seconds.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/13/20 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper

Yep im on about day 20 of a 30 day stint in the FB jail, lol. They dug way back to find a post to restrict my account since i don't ' meet their community standards', lol.

Did same thing to several people i know who were big Trump supporter's a month before the election, was obvious to see what they were doing. Communism at it's finest.

I was banned on Election Eve for 24 hours over a completely mundane post. No denying the agenda there.
Posted By: BraskaYoter

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/13/20 05:38 AM

Left FB over two years ago, they actually have to approve the deletion of your account and it takes awhile. It was the best day of my life not to be on there. Now this forum is the reading material for toilet time and down time.
Posted By: Mike Cope

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/13/20 11:49 AM

I would like some contact names for parler.

PM if you would prefer.

Mine is @mikecope

It is not like Facebook but it can be used in a similar way.

Post your pictures and make and share comments ect...
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/13/20 12:06 PM

Deactivating may be their end goal, so what if a million conservative american's leave, their crap is world wide, doubt they'll miss anyone.

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/13/20 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Horn
I would like some contact names for parler.

PM if you would prefer.

Mine is @mikecope

It is not like Facebook but it can be used in a similar way.

Post your pictures and make and share comments ect...

I found you. Mine is @OfarrellDr
Posted By: Pike River

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/13/20 12:54 PM

Parler is a trap. Casting a wide net and maintaining a written record of who is planning murder, kidnapping, hate crime, etc. all in the name of “free speech”. The website algorithm “calls home” when keywords are entered and alerts are sent to the FBI, DOD and CIA who receive automated reports that hone in on the offenders location based on GPS data. With enough cause, warrants are served and the perps are apprehended before they know it. Reach the Terms of Service very carefully.....
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/13/20 12:57 PM

I never saw the purpose of it or had any interest in it. Still don.t. Glad some folks are waking up to the facts of who these people are that are pushing so hard against our rights and liberties.

I hope millions more wake up and see the writing on the wall.
Posted By: Fishdog One

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/13/20 01:12 PM

Just got out of my facebook account, for my wife and I shared account. Go to your account upper right, get into settings, and you can leave, I had to find a new password, could not remember old one.
Posted By: Mike Cope

Re: See ya FaceBook - 11/13/20 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River
Parler is a trap. Casting a wide net and maintaining a written record of who is planning murder, kidnapping, hate crime, etc. all in the name of “free speech”. The website algorithm “calls home” when keywords are entered and alerts are sent to the FBI, DOD and CIA who receive automated reports that hone in on the offenders location based on GPS data. With enough cause, warrants are served and the perps are apprehended before they know it. Reach the Terms of Service very carefully.....

Pretty Sure that I am safe from the above...
© 2024 Trapperman Forums