Home

Shipping to Iraq

Posted By: Nittany Lion

Shipping to Iraq - 11/11/20 06:21 PM

What is the least expensive way to ship a package of cookies and other goodies to a soldier in Iraq? What is the cost?
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: Shipping to Iraq - 11/11/20 07:36 PM

priceless!! mom sent care packages to our hired man in vietnam... he got the ... homemade candy n cookies ... im sure he never forgot!!
Posted By: Nd native

Re: Shipping to Iraq - 11/11/20 07:46 PM

Ship it USPS in a flat rate box. The address is usually to an Army Post Office (APO) and the military takes it from there. That's how I received countless packages. I could only count on 1 of every 2 actually making it though, but that was in 2003 and 04 at the start.
Posted By: lestan101

Re: Shipping to Iraq - 11/11/20 07:49 PM

Nittany, the package usually goes through an APO address, that goes through New York. The shipping was always calculated to APO New York then the military postal system took over from there. So it's just like shipping to New York, at least that how it was when I was in.
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Shipping to Iraq - 11/11/20 09:39 PM

We ship a lot of packages to APOs, FPOs, DPOs, etc through our business. USPS has the same shipping methods and rates as shipping within the US to military bases. We always ship USPS flat rate box.

We usually throw in a handful of mixed candy into the box.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Shipping to Iraq - 11/11/20 09:41 PM

I do not recall how it was when I was in, heck that was 50 years ago, lol. My daughter wants to ship a care package to a friend in the service and when she went to the Post Office she was quoted it would cost around $120, I would like to think there is a less expensive way.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Shipping to Iraq - 11/11/20 09:44 PM

Whoever she talked to needs fired. Not a post office in the country that doesn't know about apo addresses.
Posted By: newtoga

Re: Shipping to Iraq - 11/11/20 10:30 PM

$21.05 large flat fate box to an APO state side.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Shipping to Iraq - 11/11/20 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Whoever she talked to needs fired. Not a post office in the country that doesn't know about apo addresses.

You are assuming the person has an APO address.

If she walked into her post office and said she wanted to ship a package to such and such country, $120.00 might have been the correct answer.

When shipping anything anywhere, you have to have your ducks in a row and ask the right questions.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums