Home

Trapping rig tires

Posted By: Arkansas87

Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 01:21 AM

Been needing a new set of tires for my trapping truck.I only drive it during hunting and trapping season so figured I could get a little picky with the tires I want to run. There is a tire I used to have a set of on a truck I drove back in high school. I really wanted another set to run on my trapping truck a few years back but couldn't find any and was told they didn't make em anymore so gave up and settled for some sub par tires.well got to needing tires again and did alot of looking and found some! Best tire I had ever ran for off road.

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 01:32 AM

Remember these!

Attached picture images (9).jpeg
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 01:50 AM

Who makes those -- back in hs we used to run super swampers.
Posted By: headache73

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 01:51 AM

Look like buckshot mudders

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 02:07 AM

Yep gateway buckshot mudders!Co-op grip spurs had the same tread pattern also. Lots of people used to run em back in the day they where awsome. They got to where you couldn't find em anymore for a long time. Excited to be able to find a set. They started makeing them again in limited runs.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by Arkansas87
Been needing a new set of tires for my trapping truck.I only drive it during hunting and trapping season so figured I could get a little picky with the tires I want to run. There is a tire I used to have a set of on a truck I drove back in high school. I really wanted another set to run on my trapping truck a few years back but couldn't find any and was told they didn't make em anymore so gave up and settled for some sub par tires.well got to needing tires again and did alot of looking and found some! Best tire I had ever ran for off road.

What size? I just put a set of these on my truck, I don't plan to get stuck...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-LT28...p;hash=item4896b4f498:g:DcgAAOSwFp5eZogE
Posted By: Bob

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 02:25 AM

I run wranglers. Never been stuck yet

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 02:31 AM

31×9.50-15 they are going on a stock 1992 toyota pickup. Those tires u got look awsome! I'm just partial to the old bias plys. Nestalgia I guess. But they will still go as good today as they did back then

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 02:39 AM

I like wranglers but I haven't seen any with tread this deep!

Attached picture images (10).jpeg

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 02:42 AM

31×9.50-15 they are going on a stock 1992 toyota pickup. Those tires u got look awsome! I'm just partial to the old bias plys. Nestalgia I guess. But they will still go as good today as they did back then

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-New-Tire...4?hash=item36649451a6:g:7CgAAOSwhrFZy7ND

If you'd go 10.50 instead of 9.50 you'd find a lot more options.

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 02:47 AM

Yea the tires I'm running right now are 10.50 the buckshots I Baught that I'm fixin to put on are 9.50

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 02:54 AM

Yea the tires I'm running right now are 10.50 the buckshots I Baught that I'm fixin to put on are 9.50

You should be very happy with them. Not cheap tires!

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 03:02 AM

Yes i hope so. I loved em on my old truck. Lasted forever seemed like.If I remember right they are a booger to ballance. We will se
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 03:48 AM

Yes Grip Spur tires are tough to balance if I remember correctly a bubble balancer worked best on them , some friends ran them on many of there off road hunting pickups I also thought they were discontinued but was pleasantly surprised to see them offered again . Having to chain up is pretty much a thing of the past with them ha ha !

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 04:01 AM

You can stud them also
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 04:14 AM

I used to run them on a 3/4 ton 4x4. People would call me to go pull them out!! I like them. Supper swampers are good too!

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 04:30 AM

Oh yea I like swampers too but they are pricey
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 04:49 AM

My son bought some crosswind mud tires to try this year, bout $120 a tire
Posted By: BraskaYoter

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 05:01 AM

Kenda Klevers RT
Posted By: ETexTrapper

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 05:11 AM

I run Buckshots on my Tacoma. Love them.

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by BraskaYoter
Kenda Klevers RT

Cheap, but the worst tires I ever ran for miles. They were worn out very quickly and even with rotation every 5K they formed lugs and made the ride terrible. They were good as far not getting flats but bad if you want them to last. Coopers AT3's were the worst tires I ever used for getting flats. I always buy LT tires (10ply) but the Coopers had a dozen flats in the first year, pure junk IMO. If you are ok with the Kendas, buy Thunderers and you'll really be impressed for about the same money.
Posted By: BraskaYoter

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 05:32 AM

Might give them a try, we just run Kendas on the ranch pickups. They see very little highway and dont seem to wear to bad here, my good pickups all are sporting Duratracs that I really like besides the price.
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 05:54 AM

I tried Ironman 10 ply AT's this season. At @ $125 a piece I can afford to buy some more. However, they've performed flawlessly. Down the highway and in the field.
Posted By: Albert Burns

Re: Trapping rig tires - 11/12/20 12:46 PM

We switched over to Cooper STT Pro's on our Tacoma's for all around use. They are a great tire and one of the few made in U.S.A
© 2024 Trapperman Forums