Home

Took a leap of faith today

Posted By: adam m

Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 02:49 AM

Not for a house but something just as big and just as life changing.
It's something I've wanted for over a year and would only dream about because I couldn't afford it. Lately I'd say the last 1.5 months or so it's been really pressing on me to inquire and possibly offer. so today without missing a beat I made an offer.

The decision is ultimately Gods but the couple involved will think about it over the weekend. The man was shocked and impressed I made an offer. For over a year I've heard a lot of talk of 2 separate options for the sale of said item and yet nothing has happened. So I stepped up.

Please pray I can get this. It would be life changing for me and my family.
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 02:51 AM

Praying!
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 02:53 AM

I'm not religious so don't know much about praying but have to question if an individual can effectively pray for you to get something without knowing what that thing is.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 02:54 AM

Praying for your family. Let us know how it works out
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
I'm not religious so don't know much about praying but have to question if an individual can effectively pray for you to get something without knowing what that thing is.

Sure can, I'm praying it woks out with the best outcome for his family. Doesn't matter what we think is best.

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by robert.d12

Sure can, I'm praying it woks out with the best outcome for his family. Doesn't matter what we think is best.

I think if I were a Christian I wouldn't feel comfortable with it. Suppose it's a stupid sports car or something that's not in the best interest of his family, your prayers help with his success and now you have to accept responsibility for an undesirable outcome.

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 03:07 AM

Anyway, I hope the best thing happens for you and your family Adam.
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 03:11 AM

Prayed

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 03:16 AM

Thank you everyone. It means a lot.

Crit R, no worries, think of a vague prayer similar to a "hoping for the best" situation. I'm not ready to give details just yet. Besides the couple involved only 2 people know the details of said leap. Thanks I appreciate it

I will say, this is life changing in a very positive way for me and my family and isn't on something stupid.

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by adam m
Thank you everyone. It means a lot.

Crit R, no worries, think of a vague prayer similar to a "hoping for the best" situation. I'm not ready to give details just yet. Besides the couple involved only 2 people know the details of said leap.

I will say, this is life changing in a very positive way for me and my family and isn't on something stupid.

It's usually wise to keep such matters private until the deal is sealed.

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 03:35 AM

Yup. Thanks once a decision is made I'll post an update.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 03:40 AM

Polygamy is still illegal! eek
Posted By: Boco

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 03:43 AM

Ha Ha,I was going to ask if Adam turned Mormon,lol.
Hope you can swing it bud.
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 03:46 AM

Prayers continue here, Brother.

Charlie

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 05:01 AM

Lol I couldn't imagine being married to more than 1. Lol

Thanks
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 05:10 AM

Unspoken prayers Adam!!!
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 05:27 AM

I think if I were a Christian I wouldn't feel comfortable with it. Suppose it's a stupid sports car or something that's not in the best interest of his family, your prayers help with his success and now you have to accept responsibility for an undesirable outcome.

It's not THAT hard. Just acknowledge to God you heard his plea and pray for whatever benefits Adam, God's will be done. Leave it up to God to decide whether Adam needs a sports car or not.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 07:11 AM

So what are you buying? Apparently not a house, maybe a Harley? a classic car?
Is it something that really needs prayed over? If it makes sense, just buy it, if you are apprehensive about it there may be a good reason for the apprehension. God gives us a brain to use, use it.
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

"I think if I were, I wouldn't." grin grin laugh

That's quite a conjecture ya got there. I think if I were a Democrat, I still wouldn't vote for Joe Biden. But then again, I don't really have a clue what goes on in someone else's mind, do I?
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 08:07 AM

Adam, I'm praying for wisdom for you and favor in the deal.
Posted By: run

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 10:48 AM

I hope it works out in your favor.
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 11:06 AM

Sent with prayer GOD's will be done.
All prayers are answered.
Yes
No
later
Posted By: rex123

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 11:23 AM

God be with you.
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 11:50 AM

Polygamy huh Adam ???? Well maybe if she has a real hot sister or something like that :ha ha just messing with you all ha ha

I hope whatever it is work's out for you and your family !
Allan

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 02:06 PM

Thanks everyone I appreciate it.

Waggler, this is in addition to a house which I'm getting ready to look at 2 houses (at least) in a bit. There will be an offer made on a house today for sure.
No I wouldn't be asking for prayer on buying a vehicle unless I had absolutely no money and no vehicle. Yes it does need prayer because it's life changing in many ways. The offer has already been made I just need it to be accepted.

Lol Allan

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 02:29 PM

^^^^^^^^
Adam, I just asked God to find the right house for you, and that He gives you peace about it, and that he ultimately will receive praise and the thanks for what he provides.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 02:34 PM

Praying for all the best for you and your family!

Chris

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 02:36 PM

Adam, I'm sorry if I may have sounded a bit snarky in my first post on this thread. A little background. I guess some events recently have made me a little "touchy" on the subject. I have recently heard people asking for prayer ( not on this forum) for very trivial and foolish things. In my way of thinking it is almost using God's name vainly.

Re: Took a leap of faith today - 11/13/20 03:08 PM

Thank you everyone I appreciate it.
No worries waggler it's understandable. I've seen/ heard prayer requests for trivial things too.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums