Home

Price to have a deer processed

Posted By: MJM

Price to have a deer processed - 11/16/20 04:22 PM

What do they charge in your area to process a deer? I have never taken one in to have it done so I have no idea. I did have 232 lbs of moose ground in AK one year. He charged me ten cents a pound and did it while I stood there.
Edit I just called a guy I know that processes deer and he said $125 to skin and bone. Then it goes up from there. If you want jerky or sausage that's were the real cost starts to add up. You are talking $200 plus for a deer. So it is $6-8 dollars a pound depending on what you want. He has take in over 100 so far. He works alone.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Price to have a deer processed - 11/16/20 04:41 PM

100 bucks dbl wrapped
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Price to have a deer processed - 11/16/20 04:45 PM

just looked online at a place 94.99 if they keep the hide

99.99 if you keep the hide

this is a place in central WI https://www.wisconsinrivermeats.com/gameprocessing.php#Deer%20Processing%20Prices

oh and everything beyond steaks and ground is a couple dollars a pound more

last deer I took in was 19 years ago it was 50 dollars then and it was a warm day
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Price to have a deer processed - 11/16/20 04:58 PM

The one popular processer near me is at $125 for basic job. Sausage, jerky, etc. is extra.
Posted By: 080808

Re: Price to have a deer processed - 11/16/20 05:11 PM

No jerky, sausage, but cut and vacuum wrapped individual cuts. $25. Ask for the name I’ll tell ya he’s too busy. lol
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Price to have a deer processed - 11/16/20 05:15 PM

$100 here if you can get one in to be processed.
Posted By: kabguy

Re: Price to have a deer processed - 11/16/20 06:00 PM

Two local guys here; one charges $100 and the other $150.
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Price to have a deer processed - 11/16/20 06:08 PM

.69 lb hanging weight. to cut and wrap. Sausage additional .39lb
$10 to skin
$50 to cape.
Posted By: KYtrapper2005

Re: Price to have a deer processed - 11/16/20 06:25 PM

$95 but we just got back strap tenderloin and hamburger
Posted By: yote_trapper20

Re: Price to have a deer processed - 11/16/20 08:06 PM

Typically do my own but took one in last year as I simply didn’t have the time. It was right around $95. That included skinning, deboning and packaging of steaks/burger. Anything above that was extra. I’ve talked to people that has spent upwards of $400-$500 on one single deer by the time it was said and done.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Price to have a deer processed - 11/16/20 08:37 PM

There is a guy near us who will skin and bone, take out the loin and back straps and grind the rest and put in tubes as hamburger. He quoted $75 for that.

Bryce
Posted By: shanemoss

Re: Price to have a deer processed - 11/16/20 09:06 PM

I had to take one last week for the first time in WI because it was 75 degrees out and couldn’t wait. Ask my wife to find one and I dropped it off. Don’t know how she had it cut but told them to bag trimmings. (We make our own sausage) Cost me 112$ Our beef locker don’t do deer.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Price to have a deer processed - 11/16/20 09:28 PM

With prices like that I know why I've always done mine myself. Everyone should learn to process their own. So much satisfaction in a job well done for you and the family. Couple of people down the road do it for $75 a deer basic cut and wrap. Don't think any processor is going out of their way to get as much meat as possible as you would yourself. Always wondered if these people actually got their own burger back or a token amount of meat from the collective till. Take care and good eating
Posted By: gcs

Re: Price to have a deer processed - 11/16/20 09:54 PM

There's not all that much to doing your own, I can't believe people pay those prices...
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Price to have a deer processed - 11/16/20 09:56 PM

I’m in western Pa., the local processor charges $80....that’s skinning, cutting and wrapping. Jerky is $15 a dry pound, baloney is $4 a pound, hot stick $5 a pound.

I cut my own but I take deer there to donate to HSH .

Interesting thing....that fellow is paying $12,000 a year for getting rid of waste. ( heads, unfit hides, bones etc ) Years ago, rendering plants would pay a few cents a pound for the stuff. Then they quit paying, but would haul it away. Now, with CWD in Pa., it’s difficult to find a home for the waste. He does about 1000 deer a year, so that works out to about $12 a deer in the dumpster.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Price to have a deer processed - 11/16/20 10:06 PM

Might as well say around $100 around here also.Then,,good luck getting your own deer meat back.Glad Ive always done my own.
Posted By: shanemoss

Re: Price to have a deer processed - 11/17/20 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
With prices like that I know why I've always done mine myself. Everyone should learn to process their own. So much satisfaction in a job well done for you and the family. Couple of people down the road do it for $75 a deer basic cut and wrap. Don't think any processor is going out of their way to get as much meat as possible as you would yourself. Always wondered if these people actually got their own burger back or a token amount of meat from the collective till. Take care and good eating

I’ve always done my own as well. The deer I shot last week was .8 miles from my truck, and it was 73 degrees out. I shot around seven, gutted about 7:30, filled the chest cavity with ice about 10 at nearest gas station and had to be at a meeting at 11:30 that would last till 2. I didn’t have much choice this time but I sure hope I never have to again.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums