Home

NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA

Posted By: TOM MIRANDA

NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 11/17/20 12:28 AM

Hey Trapperman!

So you all know I don't post on here much..
However, That doesn't mean I don't come on here..

That said, I am assuming there will be some chat soon about my new book Master Trappers.
& I want to set the record straight.
I wrote the book as a tribute to the trappers who I look up to. The trappers who I read as a young boy and the trappers who
molded my life over so many years to be an outdoorsman, trapper and hunter.

Trappers I worked with, taught, taught me. Men well known and not so well known. Looked up to and maybe not so much.
But men and ideals that molded my life from a young age to be a trapper, woodsman & outdoorsman
and helped me grow as a student to an instructor. as a novice to a professional.

The book isn't a who's who of famous trappers- although famous trappers are in it.
Is every famous trapper in it? No.
Is everyone in it a Master Trapper? Yes.
Are there more Master Trappers than are in my book? Of course.

The book was a passion project. And in my opinion needed in our industry at a time when cancel culture wants to burn & ban everything.
This book is a tribute to trappers and our trapping heritage by a trapper. Nothing more... nothing less.
It's an accurate history of my life as a trapper and the trappers who so influenced my life.

Honestly, I don't think one trapper could read this book cover to cover and not close the book with a nod & smile on their face.
Master Trappers is the essence of why we all started trapping and continue to do it.

My hope is that everyone who pages thru this book, see's themself at some point in their life.
Yes, my life has been one in a million. And this book is a tribute to trapping and the trappers who helped make it so.

Thank you for listening & best wishes to all on Trapperman.

Kindest Regards,
Tom Miranda
tom@tommiranda.com
www.tommiranda.com

Attached picture 1984Trapper_FB.jpg
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 11/17/20 12:33 AM

Sounds like a good read. You definitely put a lot of work into this book and I wish you well on sales!

Chris
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 11/17/20 12:44 AM

Looking forward to it, already put the hint out there for a Christmas gift . My wife never knows what to get me.
She never know it till our trip to nevada convention a few years back that I took your trapping course back in the 80's.
It also worked out that you donated a signed trap, coyote book and hat to the auction and I now have it.
Thanks for what you have done for all in trapping.
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 11/17/20 12:49 AM

Tom has paid his dues, he’s legit

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 11/17/20 10:06 AM

Thank You Beartooth Trapr..
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 11/17/20 01:11 PM

Can't wait until mine gets here I am sure I'll stay up way too late reading it!
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 11/17/20 02:21 PM

Cant wait for mine also. Tom's coyote book really helped get a hold of the coyotes back when I started trapping in my early 20's
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 11/17/20 02:37 PM

Tom does nothing half way he’s all in, his work ethic is unreal when he’s working on a project he’s unstoppable. He has a great respect and knowledge of the trappers that made trapping what it is now. The dedication he had at such a early age to trapping really stood out to me it’s what people look for when seeking knowledge his life revolved around the sport of trapping.
Posted By: Maine man

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 11/18/20 05:43 PM

I received my book yesterday and all I can say is WOW. Tom did an outstanding. . Thanks Tom,
Posted By: Lazarus

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 11/19/20 10:10 PM

Wow! Just got the book. Thank you Tom!!! That was a huge surprise -- autographed and numbered. Thanks for being a class act.
Posted By: beezmador

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 11/20/20 01:44 AM

Got mine yesterday - fantastic! Quality through and through.
Posted By: MTNMAN71

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 11/20/20 10:02 PM

WOW! Is all I can say. Just received my book today and scanned through it. Tom you have gone beyond my expectations. The History on these pages are unbelievable. Through all your success you still remained TRUE to your roots. Thank you for ALL the hard work. And also to Joe Goodman. You Buckeye boys did Good!!!
Posted By: Newt

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 11/21/20 04:07 PM

Got mine GREAT BOOK
Posted By: MinkGuy

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 11/22/20 01:13 AM

Unmatched quality! Thank you.

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 11/24/20 12:10 AM

Thank You MTNMAN71
Posted By: billy

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 11/24/20 01:49 AM

just want to say thanks tom my book isnt showed yet and i know it will be a keeper. time sure flies,met you a few years ago at the u.p.trappers convention.

thanks again Billy
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 11/25/20 12:58 AM

how do I get an autographed copy?
Posted By: Arkiefur

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 11/25/20 02:07 PM

Got mine!! # 269 of 300. REALLY good book. Thanks, Tom!

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 11/27/20 03:52 PM

ILcooner I sign all books that leave my shop. www.tommiranda.com
Posted By: Wild_WI

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 12/10/20 01:13 AM

Tom, I don't have the book yet though I suspect based on the packages that arrived today it will be under the tree. My wife is inpatient thankfully and she had ordered 2 of the hooded vintage trapper sweatshirts, one for her one for me, best early Christmas present! Please pass along my thanks to Mr. Joe Goodman for the great art work!

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 12/12/20 11:14 PM

Wow! Just wow! Got my book today! Cant wait to read it.

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 12/21/20 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by the Blak Spot
Wow! Just wow! Got my book today! Cant wait to read it.

Well, i read it. Lots of good info in there, and some good reading about the master trappers.layout was great and easy to read. Excellent pictures. I was a little disappointed in some areas though.
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 12/25/20 04:38 AM

I just received this book as a Christmas present I look forward to reading it
Posted By: Pete in Frbks

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 12/25/20 04:14 PM

#2 son had one sent from Tom for a Christmas present, so now I have one too.

I have an Alaska Master Guide License, maybe I will be a Master Trapper in time for the next edition!

Pete
Posted By: Greg / MO

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 12/25/20 10:48 PM

This is an incredibly well put-together book; as a writer myself and former editor, I can't imagine how daunting a task this must have seemed at times in the midst of producing this... but the result is well worth the massive undertaking this surely must have been!

You have produced a book for the ages, and it does indeed come at a most-needed time in the history of our craft... thank you Tom for this incredible book! I guarantee you it will be passed down to future generations of Staggs men. By the way -- that's an outstanding picture on the top of page 367... wink
Posted By: jarentz

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 12/25/20 11:19 PM

I received Master Trappers as a Christmas gift ,from my wife. Looking forward to reading it!
Posted By: GWGjr

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 12/26/20 12:00 AM

I also received a signed copy of "Master Trappers" as a Christmas gift from my wife. Great looking book with lots of photos and the Joe Goodman illustrations are top notch - looking forward to reading. Had to be quite an undertaking by everyone involved putting this work together.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 12/26/20 12:38 PM

I got the book also , from my wife for Christmas
Posted By: Maddog47

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 12/26/20 03:53 PM

Tom is the real deal. I can go back to when he wrote "questions and answers" in a magazine. I wrote Tom a few questions and he had the integrity to personally send me and answer to said questions. I may be older than Tom and perhaps trapped longer but it goes to show that there are men like Tom who will take the time to answer question's to all trappers. Nothing but respect for Tom. Best of luck on your book.
Posted By: rick olson

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 12/26/20 03:57 PM

Yes it’s a GREAT book I got my copy about 3 weeks ago,well done Tom......
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 12/26/20 04:33 PM

I think Santa ran out of copies before he got to our place since I couldnt find my copy. He may have passed us up due to the stink around our place too. sick
Posted By: LDW

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 12/27/20 12:36 AM

Received my copy the other day. Looks to be an excellent read, just got started on it last night.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 12/27/20 12:51 AM

Why am I just seeing this?? About to see if I can still order a copy.
Posted By: DHH

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 12/27/20 12:52 AM

Have made it clear to my buddies they have to get there own . Not borrowing it out never to be seen again

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 12/27/20 12:57 AM

Just ordered...
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 12/27/20 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Why am I just seeing this?? About to see if I can still order a copy.

Because you don't pay any attention to the topics that are stuck to the top of the page. This one was tacked to the top of the page for over a month.
Posted By: Scooby

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 12/27/20 03:24 AM

Looks like Trapshed Supply still has some.

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 01/01/21 09:08 PM

Ordered on the 26th and received on the 30th through USPS...
Great read so far!!

Re: NEW MASTER TRAPPERS BOOK BY TOM MIRANDA - 01/01/21 10:15 PM

There is one for sale on the trap shed
© 2024 Trapperman Forums