Home

Meth Heads... Why?

Posted By: Savell

Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 01:39 AM

What makes kids end up stripping stolen copper wire in the government woods in the middle of the night ...even though they were raised by otherwise decent hard working country folk

.. asking because I see it quite a bit these days ... almost has me hoping my kids just turn into regular ol alcoholics lol

... the bar is being set pretty low in the thicket these days

Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 01:44 AM

druggies don't/can't think straight
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 01:45 AM

Probably cause coon hides ain't worth nuthin'
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 01:45 AM

To many protectionist laws for criminals .....A few years back, a six pack and an axe handle cured a lot of societal woes.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 01:46 AM

Always some lowlife scum out there. Always has been, always will be.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 01:47 AM

Not going to buy a toothbrush with the payout you can bet on that.

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1

... I’m not talking about the regular trash that was bred from trash... asking about those from decent stock turning into trash these days

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 01:52 AM

Probably cause fox hides are not worth nuthin' either.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 01:53 AM

Ah, that. I bet we all can think of an example of someone that falls into that category. I don't know why it happens, but it sure does.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 02:14 AM

[Linked Image]

Bacon what were you thinking?
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 02:15 AM

Dang you had me for a minute
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 02:20 AM

laugh

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper

.... I could destroy the entire fox, coon, coyote and cat population in a month if I sniffed on some high grade meth Jtrap lol
Posted By: Choo

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 02:21 AM

That meth attracts them to the copper. Heard a story once that an olboy cooked up a batch of meth. Guess he went on a three or 4 day high and when he finaly came to he found his basement was filled up with copper wire. Had no idea where he got it. Guess it was such a mess only way he figure to clean it up was to cook up another batch this time he came to after a couple days and instead of cleaning up the mess he had stripped all the wire and polished it with tooth brushes. Not uncommon to here of them getting fried trying to steal it out of the mines down here
Posted By: concrete man

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 02:31 AM

LD that is some crazy bacon lol had me going to .
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 02:33 AM

My son is an apprentice carpenter and got addicted to stripping and selling copper wire scrap from job sites. It was driving me nuts trying to keep up to the mess in my shop. One day I went searching for my role of 14/2 for a small project, couldn't find it anywhere. Yup, you guessed it! And he's not even a meth head! Just an example of one of the times I wanted to call my dad and apologize.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Savell

... I’m not talking about the regular trash that was bred from trash... asking about those from decent stock turning into trash these days

Perhaps they were undercover trash? Some families are good at hiding it and some just encourage it by not condemning it.
Posted By: cowboy2005

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 02:55 AM

Idk what attracts a meth head to copper but there's a million different reasons kids try meth
Posted By: cotton

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by cowboy2005
Idk what attracts a meth head to copper but there's a million different reasons kids try meth

i'll never get my mind wraped around "let's mix all this stuff that will kill you and smoke it"

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by cotton

i'll never get my mind wraped around "let's mix all this stuff that will kill you and smoke it"

Just boggles my mind too. I get why youth want to experiment with pot and booze, maybe even cocaine. But I can't imagine why any human being would feel a desire or lack of fear to experiment with meth for the first time. Everybody knows what it does.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 03:09 AM

I've too never understood why someone would want to put those chemicals in their bodies. I also don't understand someone huffing paint.

People should stick with marijuana and mushrooms. Natural and you won't get hooked (or steal copper wire).
Posted By: ou812

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 03:12 AM

Copper is the easiest metal to steal. It's in new home, old home, old barns. Highest price metal per pound that's accessible. I know a guy that got off meth that could go around and tell you ever place he stole copper out of.

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by cotton

I haven't quite either but I've heard stories of why people have tried it
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 03:29 AM

depression is getting worse and worse. teenage suicide rates have been soaring the last few years, the covid panic isnt making things better.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 03:54 AM

Escape life same as a hard core alcoholic. It was easy to grow up poor when I was a kid. Lots of pressure today for kids to own shiny objects and have somebody else's name on their clothes.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 04:01 AM

Find an old log in the thicket and make one of the coon traps like Billy Coleman made in the book "Where the Red Ferns Grow". Put you a nice shiny copper penny down in the hole. When you walk up and check the set and have a meth head that wont let go, just set there and pester them all day until their high wears off. Sort of like poking a monkey at the zoo with a stick? Make sure you have your kids with you so they can have fun as well.
Posted By: KYtrapper2005

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 04:03 AM

You speak from experience Casper?
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 04:04 AM

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...articularly-girls-are-facing-depression/
Teens express concern about anxiety and depression among peers, feel day-to-day pressures

Seven-in-ten U.S. teens said anxiety and depression is a major problem among people their age in the community where they live, according to a Pew Research Center survey of teenagers ages 13 to 17 conducted in fall 2018. An additional 26% cited anxiety and depression as a minor problem.

About three-in-ten teens (29%) said they felt tense or nervous about their day every or almost every day, and 45% said they felt tense or nervous sometimes. About a third of teen girls (36%) reported feeling this way every day or almost every day, compared with 23% of teen boys.

Academic and social pressures are among the reasons cited by experts who have studied teen depression. The Center’s survey asked about some of those pressures teens face in their daily lives. About six-in-ten teens (61%) said they personally felt a lot of pressure to get good grades, while roughly three-in-ten reported a lot of pressure to look good and fit in socially (29% and 28%, respectively).

With schools being online or outright closed in some areas this spring, a lot of kids that were getting mental health help at school were not able to do so and of course new issues are popping up since.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper

grin

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by KYtrapper2005

You speak from experience Casper?

Not meth

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by Scout1
Find an old log in the thicket and make one of the coon traps like Billy Coleman made in the book "Where the Red Ferns Grow". Put you a nice shiny copper penny down in the hole. When you walk up and check the set and have a meth head that wont let go, just set there and pester them all day until their high wears off. Sort of like poking a monkey at the zoo with a stick? Make sure you have your kids with you so they can have fun as well.

Lol

... my oldest boy thinks he’s billy Coleman..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 07:19 AM

Lol

[Linked Image]

***love****
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 08:53 AM

The decent stock thinks “I can fix ‘em.” This Indicates they need fixin’ themselves. Now you got two broke people runnin’ off together. When has that never been trouble.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 09:09 AM

Lol

[Linked Image]

Well, there's Ol' Dan! Now you need to get that boy a little Ann. One of the best movies ever.
Posted By: Ouananiche

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 09:51 AM

They are watching the fake perfect lives of non-country folk on their tvs, computers, in their pocket, in their ears, in their eyes, in their games, in their avatars and in their dreams. But those fake perfect lives don't exist, and thus kids today are chasing smoke where there is no fire.
The desperation leads to abuses of all kinds. And avoidances of all kinds.... Do the math on availability vs cost vs potency and you'll find your neighborhoods' biggest problem and means to avoidance....
Posted By: SleekOtter

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 10:12 AM

I firmly believe it's all in who you let your kids hang out with
Posted By: Ouananiche

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by SleekOtter
I firmly believe it's all in who you let your kids hang out with

They're hanging out with everyone. That's how social media works. Their friend group isn't enough of a control, as it once was...
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 10:46 AM

In general,when it comes to kids,,you get out of em what ya put into em.
Posted By: T-REV

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 11:34 AM

My dads neighbor’s kid was like that. Both parents had jam up jobs but he decided while he was working a job at Delta that he wanted to try meth. Lost the job. Got kicked out of his home. He moves in with his grandparents. He wont get a job. Says he needs transportation. Grandparents buy him an older toyota pickup. Tells them he has a job in town. Even leaving early and coming home late. Grandparents noticed one day in town his truck wasn’t at work. They call the place of course with no record of his employment. He pawned the title on the truck. Then couldn’t understand why the grandparents were ticked off about it.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 12:29 PM

Lol

[Linked Image]

That's awesome. My daughter thinks she's Billy Jean Coleman. Won't quit talking about getting a hoouund dawg.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River
That's awesome. My daughter thinks she's Billy Jean Coleman. Won't quit talking about getting a hoouund dawg.

I did too when I was 11. I saved the money for it just like Billy did. Make a deal with your daughter. Tell her if she saves up the money, you'll buy her the hound. You'll never regret that decision. She'll learn the importance of managing money to save for what's most important. Later, the hound will keep her in the woods nights and away from parties with her friends.
Posted By: RedIShedND

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 03:12 PM

Since where going into another 4 years of "free" health care I would like to remind you, most of them kids your talking about started using "prescription meth" at ages that type of medication should never be given out most under 8 years old they don't turn to street drugs untill the doctors claims they've had enough free meth....
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by ND_TM
Since where going into another 4 years of "free" health care I would like to remind you, most of them kids your talking about started using "prescription meth" at ages that type of medication should never be given out most under 8 years old they don't turn to street drugs untill the doctors claims they've had enough free meth....

Pretty much true.When I was a kid,,if you didn't pay attention in school,,the old man gave me a swat upside the head,,and BINGO.I was cured of not paying attention.Now,,they make up a nome for it (ATD) and give the kid drugs.

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by upstateNY
Originally Posted by ND_TM

Pretty much true.When I was a kid,,if you didn't pay attention in school,,the old man gave me a swat upside the head,,and BINGO.I was cured of not paying attention.Now,,they make up a nome for it (ATD) and give the kid drugs.

The public school system is a horrible place for spirited young boys.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/19/20 05:13 PM

The public school system is a horrible place for ANY children.

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/20/20 12:50 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Nd native

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/20/20 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Ouananiche
They are watching the fake perfect lives of non-country folk on their tvs, computers, in their pocket, in their ears, in their eyes, in their games, in their avatars and in their dreams. But those fake perfect lives don't exist, and thus kids today are chasing smoke where there is no fire.
The desperation leads to abuses of all kinds. And avoidances of all kinds.... Do the math on availability vs cost vs potency and you'll find your neighborhoods' biggest problem and means to avoidance....

Lot of truth in this here statement. Kids getting exposed to drugs sooner and sooner in life and desensitized to it. Bring back the days when kids were taught they will kill you. Make sure they know the real life consequences if you use. Dont sugar coat it.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/20/20 01:23 AM

I was in the underground mining business, and fought off copper thieves my whole career. All the equipment at the loading face is electric, either 480 or 950 volt, 3 phase. We used some very large trailing and transmission cables.

Several times we had a company pick up stolen, with the bed filled with cables. I’ve seen thieves in the pit, trying to cut a live 4160 volt cable with a hack saw. We had to start storing our spare cables underground, as the low life’s would break into a building or up a cyclone fence to get them. You could sometimes track them down by watching for the tell tale black smoke when they would burn off the jackets. Some would only burn at night to not give away their location. State police found abandoned pickups with broken springs and blowed out tires, with 3 tons of our cable in the bed.

Some thieves weren’t too ambitious though. The would take a 600 foot cable, about 2 inches in diameter, straight to the scrap yard without burning off the jacket. One time, they tried to sell a cable, it still had our company’s name on the shipping tag.
Posted By: andrews1958

Re: Meth Heads... Why? - 11/20/20 02:06 AM

I have two my family that lives have been ruined by meth

My brother-in-law who is 57 was a multi millionaire. He has lost everything Family , friends, work and all of his money gone. Now is living in a trailer in Florida

My Nephew who is 36. His family and friends have all lost contact with him. We think he is living on the streets in California.

So very sad
© 2024 Trapperman Forums