Home

4th person offended and new truths

Posted By: SpottedOwl

4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 02:51 AM

Had a touchy-feely, warm and fuzzy meeting today. AKA, sensitivity training. I have been through this, A LOT. Sometimes I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut, especially if you’re stupid. My old stand-by of being an equal opportunity offender and nobody’s special, yea, that doesn’t fly anymore.

Anyway my employer will now be somehow enforcing, 4th person offensiveness. Example. You tell you Jim something, Jim tells Sally, Sally tells Jenny, Jenny tells Mike, Mike can be offended and I can now be in trouble. Also anywhere along the way anyone overhearing can also be offended and I’m in trouble.

What is this world coming too. That HR lady was a right entitled little girl, she was right, we were wrong and there’s no reasoning or even talking this one over. The law has been laid down. I asked if she’d ever heard of the telephone game, she had. That doesn’t matter it’s the "individuals truth at the time" that matters, if their truth is that they are offended then so be it.

What is individual truth? Isn’t there only THE as in ONE truth? What is, at the time? Does truth get to change nowadays?

More than ever I really want to be the hairy hermit from Scooby Doo, living in a cave away from the world

Owl
Posted By: cotton

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 02:56 AM

some days find me looking for a way to block my holler off so no one but family can get in, well most of the family any how.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 03:04 AM

What about the fifth person ? Does the fifth person Trump the fourth ?

You could be the first person and then become the fifth person ..... offended by the crybaby reaction of the offended fourth person
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 03:13 AM

Spotted Owl- You've offended me so that must count too (not!!). Good luck!!
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 03:17 AM

Hey -- I will have you know that I work very hard at trying to offend all of my employees, but since I have none..... Played the corporate management game for a while (not for me) , now I just see if I can offend my customers, haven't yet ( at least with my political opinions). I hope to do much better at offending people in the future -- everyone has to have a goal right? laugh
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 03:24 AM

Must work for the federal government
Posted By: gdccowboy

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 03:29 AM

I just want to bring back dueling
If your really offended challenge person to a duel if your not really offended you be quiet and poof no more snowflakes
Posted By: ttzt

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 03:30 AM

Sensitivity training (and my inability to sit quietly thru it) was one of the many reasons I retired early from USDA!
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by gdccowboy
If your really offended challenge person to a duel if your not really offended you be quiet and poof no more snowflakes

Seems like a reasonable solution
Posted By: warrior

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by gdccowboy

THIS

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 03:40 AM

My HR guy said to go do something not physically possible. Oh yeah, that's right I'm the HR guy in this one man operation.
Posted By: g smith

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 03:42 AM

Is there any way for SOMEONE to rub some Backbreaker on the door latch of her Subaru ?

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 03:43 AM

Nah, backbreaker smells to good. You need gusto for that.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 04:02 AM

I vote for Skunk junk
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 04:22 AM

Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 04:30 AM

LMAO!!!!
Posted By: Boco

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 04:34 AM

it sounds like you're offended that they are offended.
Write them up.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 04:41 AM

I'm offended that you don't know why I am offended (JP Sears)
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 04:53 AM

Haha. I'm glad Paul doesn't require sensitivity training to post on T-man.
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by white dog
Haha. I'm glad Paul doesn't require sensitivity training to post on T-man.

Sensitive people don't last very long around here.
Posted By: Mike Cope

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 05:24 AM

Report her for something that you thought she said to someone else...Here is your get out of jail free card:
Her Statement "That doesn’t matter it’s the "individuals truth at the time" that matters, if their truth is that they are offended then so be it" and the fear of retaliation.

Also remind her that any discipline will be retaliation.

I bet she will see the error in her thought process when her butt is hanging out.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Twolines
This crap will never stop. I have a lot of good stories related to this topic but I just don’t have that kinda time..makin brats.

Least wise till they're all dead! Pray for an EMP.

Ain't that the truth!
Posted By: Sharon

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 03:18 PM

I really like how someone summed it all ....

“ You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are NOT entitled to your own FACTS. “

Remember who said that grin

I’ll always love that true statement, and who it was addressed to.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 03:42 PM

Ok, it was during the debate , Mike Pence said that to Harris ...just loved it !
Posted By: Marty

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 03:43 PM

I have no problem with offending 4 or 6 or ten people, I am a kind & considerate person but I am going to live my life as I please (legally).
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 03:52 PM

That is the craziest thing I’ve ever heard. Good grief 4 person crazy

Well maybe not! Had a salesman say something vulgar to my wife yesterday so I called him and ask “why would you say something like that to a lady?” His answer made me apoplectic and here is what he told me!

“First, thing buddy this is not the 1950’s and second there is no difference when talking to a man or woman” I can’t tell you how I responded but it was not very Christian like!!!
Posted By: nightlife

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 04:04 PM

Sounds like it’s time to become offended by those in charge like your boss or the HR lady after all there talking about you behind your back and telling others bad things about you as reported to you from someone that heard it from someone that heard it ect
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 04:15 PM

I had to attend something similar. I asked whatever happen to the offended simply stating “I don’t care for that?”
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 04:37 PM

I had to listen to a 3hr deal on sensitivity training a month or so ago.
We got to do it from our computers. After 10 minutes i just muted it and did my work.
Basically we are only allowed to offend people equally. We are not allowed to pick out a certain group of people.
Or at least that's what i got in the time I listened. Its a joke. I must be getting to old to put up with this crap.
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 04:50 PM

The obvious answer to her then is... her saying that offends you.
Posted By: SpottedOwl

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Horn
Report her for something that you thought she said to someone else...Here is your get out of jail free card:
Her Statement "That doesn’t matter it’s the "individuals truth at the time" that matters, if their truth is that they are offended then so be it" and the fear of retaliation.

Also remind her that any discipline will be retaliation.

I bet she will see the error in her thought process when her butt is hanging out.

This is already in the works. My timing will need to be just right and with the right audience and targets. I have no doubt there’ll be a refresher as part of this. Our companies labor side as said by the management only uses 10% of their available mind powered. This stated when it was explained why we couldn’t understand this new policy. I was completely offended by that this morning. Someday these kids will understand some of our work life experience comes from a timeline longer than they’ve been alive. I’m not alone, plenty of us are done with this crap. It will be s fun and interesting next few months.

I wish I worked for the Feds, at least there’d be a semi-decent retirement. I wonder if cotton let outsiders in his holler?

Owl
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/19/20 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
I vote for Skunk junk

Winner. Long call lure has made it's way to work with me before.Not in the parking lot but some made it into individual work areas. I heard the targeted species exhibited the desired response all 12hrs of the shift. Great product.
Posted By: Marty

Re: 4th person offended and new truths - 11/20/20 12:11 AM

All those folks who are teaching this think it is OK to offend a conservative, screw them all.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums