Home

Drag preference

Posted By: Bob

Drag preference - 11/20/20 03:20 AM

No, not as in cross dressing lol I’m going to be making a bunch of drags and would like to know what you like or dislike about certain brands and styles.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Drag preference - 11/20/20 03:21 AM

Sabre tooth. It's sharp, heavy, quality.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Drag preference - 11/20/20 03:38 AM

Armageddon, ogormans
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Drag preference - 11/20/20 05:04 AM

Tip if you have a drag that hooks up quick and leaves a clear mark in your terrain then great. If not, add a few more feet of chain. My fav are custom jobs made by NvCatTrapper and Fluff but the Freedom Brand work great too.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Drag preference - 11/20/20 12:52 PM

1 pound mini drags With 6 feet of chain,, since we can pre-hook to saplings or logs along logging roads and field edges.
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: Drag preference - 11/20/20 01:28 PM

O'Gorman's- what else is there...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Drag preference - 11/20/20 02:17 PM

Waiting on some sabertooth freedom brand drags now to add to the cat line this year.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Drag preference - 11/20/20 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Waiting on some sabertooth freedom brand drags now to add to the cat line this year.

X2

Re: Drag preference - 11/20/20 04:37 PM

O'Gorman drags work for me, I'm not huge user of drags but gorman's drag hook up very good.

Re: Drag preference - 11/20/20 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by beartooth trapr
Originally Posted by Law Dog

X2

Delete oops , was trying to X2 another reply
Posted By: jtg

Re: Drag preference - 11/20/20 04:44 PM

I like JC Connor drags. http://www.jcconner.com/drags.html
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Drag preference - 11/20/20 04:44 PM

I miss using drags.They come in very handy.
Posted By: Wife

Re: Drag preference - 11/20/20 05:30 PM

The drag type is important.............. BUT........... from my experience, the WEIGHT is just as important. If you purchase or make a metal grapple type ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a clip or chain loop on the rear to attach added lbs. can keep a light weight one from jumping and bouncing around while a yote makes a beeline or a 90 degree. I won't use this type w/o added weight in this farm country (150 acres of FROZEN soybean stubble doesn't lock up as quick as I like). Extra weight adds to the truck bed but 20 ten pound window or homemade concrete pop bottle weights gives me a lot of flexibility to use metal grapples where most would not in this area.................... the mike
Posted By: Bob

Re: Drag preference - 11/20/20 05:43 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I’m gonna make them probably 2 and a half pounds or so I think. I’ll have 10 to 12 feet of chain and I trap in sagebrush, more than likely with that setup even the meanest coyote wont get ten yards. I want em wrapped up just far enough away from the set that it doesn’t wreck the trail.

I’ve considered making some to sell as well.
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Drag preference - 11/20/20 05:52 PM

Bob did you ever see any of Mike Ross's drags he uses or did you miss his demo's those were the real deal the flat iron that you attach the chain to shriveled up or down . I'll try to get a picture of them from him.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums